Arwen17

Vespine Breeding

I noticed some people have bred their white adults and gotten a yellow egg! UGHHH!! So at this point, I'm wondering if the colors are totally random and there's zero way to control it?? Has anyone seen white eggs from yellow parents?

I have two white adults, and I was going to breed them together to get a white, but its looking like I should just breed them to yellow partners to maximize chances of a white egg and pray a lot.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but I couldn't find any thread anywhere talking about vespines and the release thread is locked.

White eggs are so hard to catch from the cave! At least make them easier to breed!

P.S. Just checked market eggs. Are they always yellow when you buy it? or is it random color?

Edited by Kaini

I got a yellow egg from two white parents and a white egg from yellow and non-Vespine drake. Pure yellow pairs all gave me yellows.

So yeah, the ratio seems to apply across all platform, cave born, market, and breeding. Market egg appears yellow on the page but you have a chance for both, white just being relatively rare( at least from the people who reported the ratio on the release thread)

Edited by Eiren

I'm guessing white vespines are equivalent to tan ridgewings and red dorsals in likelihood to appear. I've heard of people getting white eggs from the market, often after many tries.

In any case, I got a white egg from yellow x non-vespine. I doubt parental colors affect alt production at all, again similar to ridgewings and dorsals. 

Just now I bred and got a white. Also my one market buy was a white, and of the seven I caught from the cave one was a white. 

Every other breeding has been yellow. 

IMG_8929.png

Edited by Doll_81

I've not been lucky enough to get a white.  I've bred around 15 pairs (grabbed loads from the AP) since starting, only two of which weren't purebred, but none gave me a white. I've sent loads of 2G's to the AP! I guess when they're off cool down I need to try with different drakes.  I've spent a few hours on and off in the cave today, but not seen one.  I'm not wasting shards in the Market.  Typical, I really like the whites as well.  I think it's just a matter of pure luck.

I've picked up 8 from the cave, breed the 3 pairs I kept, and bought one from the market, and

they were all yellow. Some people have mentioned buying 10+ eggs from the market and still

not getting a white one. I know others don't mind, but I'm not willing to flush away over two 

months' worth of shards and potentially (or rather likely) have absolutely nothing to show for

it. Someone likened it to the way the Ridgewing colours work, but I have easily seen two 

times as many Ridgewing eggs in the cave as opposed to the Vespines since the flood ended.

And I know the market was intended to supplement cave-hunting, but trying to get the white

eggs that way feels pointless and more in line with gacha games than what I would expect

from DC. 

The main reason they're so difficult to get is because so many people are looking for them. Honestly, it's just a matter of time until people get their fill and they start sitting in the biomes and it'll be easy to snag them.

We'll just have to hope they're not going to be uncommon, then everyone will be happy.  It took me a good few years to get my other ALTS together.

Bred 3 pb yellow pairs. Two yellow eggs and a white egg.

I finally bred a white last night, (one out of twelve tries) a 3rd gen from a Spotted Teal Drake.  It's a start!  The odd ones I've managed to grab in the cave have all been yellow.

Four more tries later today, then some others should be off cool down in the next couple of days.

Bred 7 pairs today and got; one refusal, one Day Glory (daytime thing drake? I can never remember the new name...), one white egg, and four yellow ones. 

Edited by OMGitsKairi

I must have bought at least 20 vespine in the market, only one of them was white... this was a REALLY unnecessary waste of shards. My scroll goal is 1 CB (or market) pair, I'm probably never going to get it at this rate.

I think we all feel that way right now.  I know it takes time to get alts together, and since the odds are stacked so much against getting whites, I won't be turning to the market for help.

I've bred around 25 Vespines this last three days, and not got one white out of them.  Plenty of Yellows gone to the AP! I've not seen a Vespine in the cave, either. 

Bred 3/6 white vespines, 1 no interest, 1 yellow, 1 honey drake :0 

A big difference from last week where both me and my friend, about 20 vesps total, bred 0 whites

24 bred. Two not interested, and two whites that came very near the end when I was about to begin crying!