Nalyua

ANSWERED:Egg not gaining OV?

Normally OV should be generated as a dragon is clicked.  My Saph doesn't get new OV. Has there been any change?

Kinda sucks for getting a yellow one.

Stats:

• Overall views: 673
  • Unique views: 210
  • Clicks:1

So nowhere near maxed.

To turn yellow, it can get views as both an egg and a hatchling. So you have plenty of time to hit 4,000+ views. :) 

Missy that does not answer my question though.

If I open the egg several times it will not gain OV. Which it should as per description it also says OV are also repeated views included. And yes I am manually opening the egg page. Not using any tool.

Edited by Nalyua

10 minutes ago, Nalyua said:

If I open the egg several times it will not gain OV. Which it should as per description it also says OV are also repeated views included. And yes I am manually opening the egg page. Not using any tool

Oh, that's not how views work. Clicking your egg page doesn't do anything except give it the first 1/1/1 if it was at 0. You have to use your public scroll page (the one with your username in the url) or another tool/site outside of DC, because the egg info page is specifically set to not increase views. Views increase when a specific image gets loaded, and the egg page/dragons info page doesn't have that.

Edited by Shadowdrake

That still does not work. If I load my scroll and click the dragon from a different browser (where I am not logged in) it still won't gain views.

Also before it would gain views be just clicking it wherever.

I am talking about OV not UV (or even clicks).

So this still makes no sense.

2 minutes ago, Nalyua said:

If I load my scroll and click the dragon from a different browser (where I am not logged in) it still won't gain views.

Clicking doesn't give views, clicks give clicks. To get views you refresh the scroll page because views track how many times it loads. I'm not sure what you've seen in the past, but most likely you put an ER egg in a fast ER site like Valley Sherwood and saw it go up near the same time you click.

Yeah this works, thanks. I honestly don't even remember what I did, I stopped playing for a while and just noticed the egg was not getting anywhere.

Also IIRC YOU clicking on your own egg, on your scroll, will only generate one view from you per 24 hours, I think...