7hippo7

What's the weather like?

Too much snow. I have to leave for work in an hour and I’ve no idea how that is going to go. I’ve also got an early Christmas thing tonight that I have to go to and that will be even worse because I suspect the roads will be very slippery. 😐

It's humid.

Urgghhh

T'is a humid thundery time of year.

24degC with a light drizzle of rain.

Humid.

😒

It's been cold.

image.thumb.png.5d193cba3bae68fc79dea894fc6dedf7.png

I stayed up last night keeping the fireplace going because the electricity was flickering out earlier.

Currently 59F though we did get a Freeze warning as temp tonight could get as low as 29F. Don’t remember the last time that happened!

On 1/5/2024 at 11:02 AM, Ripan said:

It's been cold.

image.thumb.png.5d193cba3bae68fc79dea894fc6dedf7.png

I stayed up last night keeping the fireplace going because the electricity was flickering out earlier.

I’m at -12°C and that is really bad enough, I can’t even imagine -40. 😳 Do you leave the house at all?

16 hours ago, blah said:

I’m at -12°C and that is really bad enough, I can’t even imagine -40. 😳 Do you leave the house at all?

Well, the dog can't do his business in the toilet like a human so he had to be taken out for walks. But he's an arctic breed of dog so he's not unaccustomed to cold even if -40°C is still pretty extreme.

I could work from home, but if I had to come in I had someone who was willing to give me a lift, because if I were to leave the car parked outside for several hours it is not certain that it would start again.

They even cancelled busses and trains because they didn't want to risk getting stuck with their passengers in the middle of nowhere at -40°.

But the weather has actually done a complete turnaround, and today it was even above 0°C! Felt like a nice spring day with water dripping from the roofs.

-40! That's crazy! I've been told low air humidity can kind of counter that, I sure hope that was case for you.

It's been between 0 and -5 here, and I'm very happy about that. It's been just gloomy and incredibly rainy the past weeks. Now the skies are clear and the sun is shining and there's a bit of snow everywhere but not enough to hinder traffic or whatever. Perfect winter weather, I'd say.

Not that cold any more but we have Storm Isha building; heavy rain and serious winds. It's revolting out. Thermos already filled; wood brought in in case we need the fire lit (the power will probably go out) and plenty of water bottled, as when the power goes out, so does our water pump....

Warming up now! In the 30's. Hopefully the snow melts soon. 

Finally sunny after days of raining!

Cold, snowy, but my chicken coop is 4°C inside, which is not bad.

Cold, but not raining :D

Been cloudy all day, but dry and a lil warmer than it was before.
Any gardeners on the forum? Whos excited for spring!? I know I am!

Cold again, no rain.  Supposed to snow. 

@Zonnedauw I garden! I am starting my seeds indoors this week. I think I am a bit late on the tomato plants, based off of last year. Last year, was my first year gardening in this area and zone. I had later tomato plants than most....but that meant ...I had tomatoes ...longer than other folks. :) So win-win! 

Now, the rain has been suspect though. If it keeps up like this ... My plants will be super mad. 

Today was sunny and unseasonably warm. Supposed to be almost 60 degrees F today as well. Normally we don't get that warm of temps till late April or May. Hopefully the snow in the mountains doesn't all melt away.