Ruffledfeathers

Pitfire Kill Mechanic

So I accidentally killed a pit because I clicked back by mistake :( I dont think that should work in the first place (I didnt put my Pw again to action it), but anyway. 

Can we please:

- Make them dodge the day of their kill/auto res

- Stop them dodging when you first kill to change to res form.

- Maybe fix the whole actions so you cant repeat if you press back (makes you reenter PW in again if you want to repeat).

Thanks! I am actually upset by the mistake, of course it didnt dodge and of course it was something I really miss. It could have been far worse, though. Other people have made it happen too, I know, it takes a moment of autopilot/misclick. 

To those who want to permakill pits: is it an issue to just wait a day? Its not like the first go takes a kill slot.

50 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

- Make them dodge the day of their kill/auto res

I don't understand what you want here. But the back button is evil.

So what I mean by that is, after you kill them first and they revive, for that 24hrs they just dodge if you try to kill again. I mean lore wise, they should be on guard right XD But yeah, I doubt a high portion of ppl want to actually kill pits. 

47 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

47 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't understand what you want here. But the back button is evil.

I killed one by refreshing. 

I don’t know why this is a thing, but somehow the back button or refresh/f5 runs the kill action again. 

Surely that should be fixed in general. If actions need a password/action name to be used, it should not be possible to redo them by refreshing or going back. 

3 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Stop them dodging when you first kill to change to res form.

I don't want this, so please no. This also doesn't fix the problem at hand.

But yes, them "auto-dodging" the day they are successfully killed and revived (first successful kill action) would be very nice.

This is a distinctly Pitfire problem though, so until we get a change like this do not refresh pages or use the browser/phone back button when using the kill action on a Pitfire. 

3 hours ago, mishhelle said:

I killed one by refreshing. 

I don’t know why this is a thing, but somehow the back button or refresh/f5 runs the kill action again. 

It's a thing all over the internet. The back or refresh button not unreasonably assumes you want to repeat what you just did. The day you do it when banking will cure you of EVER doing it again.... I know this, sadly, I know this....

I think it'd be reasonable to make this a flavor thing in general, such as in the case of trying to re-kill a freshly revived dragon you killed minutes ago, to avoid it being a hyper-specific case for one species only. "add caution variable for dragons, if attacked increment caution, if caution is more than 1 dodge until midnight resets caution" or similar jazz. 

Sure, it's a minor negative for non-pitfires, but we already have more annoying flavor mechanics like refusal. It'd be a rare case to come up. Depending how it's implemented it can also help in the rare case someone forces an egg successfully and then refreshes on the hatchie, killing it.

Edited by Shadowdrake

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It's a thing all over the internet. The back or refresh button not unreasonably assumes you want to repeat what you just did. The day you do it when banking will cure you of EVER doing it again.... I know this, sadly, I know this....

The back button after submitting a form (like the one for actions on DC) will ask you if you want to resubmit.

It's not just "hit back," it's "hit back and press yes when it says 'confirm form resubmission'." On Chrome the message even mentions it "might cause any action you took to be repeated"—other browsers have similar messages.

@TJ09 Was something changed about this? I tested it and after a successful kill/auto resurrection, going back did not automatically kill the pitfire or give me the form resubmission popup (which I get with refreshing). It just took me back to the action to put in my password again, but that's not what people like the OP have reported before. Is it just fixed or should people be trying to figure out if it's a browser-dependent issue...?

On 11/21/2022 at 7:24 AM, MissK. said:

@TJ09 Was something changed about this? I tested it and after a successful kill/auto resurrection, going back did not automatically kill the pitfire or give me the form resubmission popup (which I get with refreshing). It just took me back to the action to put in my password again, but that's not what people like the OP have reported before. Is it just fixed or should people be trying to figure out if it's a browser-dependent issue...?

No, nothing has changed with the kill action. Browsers may cache the results page and only prompt to resubmit if you take action to reload the page. In either case, the action should never be resubmitted without being specifically prompted to do so by the browser itself.