Erra

Cantormaris BSA: Wash

At the beginning (and its the reason why i suggest cantos for this bsa) i think about this becouse you cant turn canto from trading into Mundus variant. But it can be also used for Xol, Siyat and Canto to have hatchie earlier by incubate but without alting color (by using incubate and then wash).  And getting blue Sapphire from AP is also impossible for now but with this bsa it will be possible (for blue-lovers eg xD or somebody who catch eg pure blue 3g linage and want continue this color).

So i want suggest special bsa to revert egg to "default" color: Wash

"Wash" refers to washing out color from coloring-action. I think also aout "dechange" but im not sure its good word.

PS. Open to suggestions if there is better breed for this bsa.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I think you'll find that adding a BSA to an existing dragon in a no-no. To achieve this, you need to suggest a new dragon with such a BSA.

Here you go:

https://forums.dragcave.net/forum/15-dragon-requests/

Oh i dont know that there is rule that user cannot suggest bsa to existing dragon, so sorry. I just see suggestions to existing dragons so i think its ok (and for me its imposible to suggest new dragon due i dont know english enough to make descriptions etc).

We can help you make descriptions if you need to, just try to tell everyone the basics and say in the topic you need a little help and I'm sure someone would be happy to help with formatting, grammar, and spelling

You can trade for Mundus hatchlings. Once the egg hatches, the color won't change any more.

I'm not sure I like the idea of circumventing time-based variant mechanics like the one for Siyats, though...

2 hours ago, Erra said:

Oh i dont know that there is rule that user cannot suggest bsa to existing dragon, so sorry. I just see suggestions to existing dragons so i think its ok (and for me its imposible to suggest new dragon due i dont know english enough to make descriptions etc).

It's not a rule, but it has to make sense for the dragon. Cantormaris info doesn't say that they can manipulate mana, so it doesn't make sense to choose cantormaris.

3 hours ago, Erra said:

And getting blue Sapphire from AP is also impossible for now

You can get bred blue sapphires from AP. Auto-abandons don't change the color, so most sapphires people breed will probably be blue anyway. You just can't get CB ones from AP, but you can hunt or buy those.

I agree that this can't be applied to the Cantors post-release, but the BSA itself I think is a great idea! Perhaps not for the Siyats (their colour is completely down to time rather than actions taken, so they're closer to the Haralds or the Fire Gems than to Cantors/Sapphires).

I try not to pick up blue Sapphs from the AP because I don't collect purebloods, so if I pick it up and it's not a pairing I like, I consign it to being a pink unless I want to spend the time on my scroll to hatch it before re-abandoning, so having something available to make that a non-issue for players who'd want to continue that line would be amazing.

I'd be happy to lend my hand to description formatting and grammar etc etc. I do a lot of writing so I'd hope that I'm pretty good at it XD

On 10/6/2022 at 8:00 AM, Stromboli said:

I'm not sure I like the idea of circumventing time-based variant mechanics like the one for Siyats, though...

This. I'm strongly against a BSA like this for exactly this reason. I understand the frustration of trying to get BSA/time dependent variants, but those breeds are deliberately created that way. It really just negates the entire point of having any breeds with specific mechanics like that, if we can just 'cheat' by using a BSA to avoid the mechanics.  

That said, I'm a bit more supportive of a general 'BSA Wash' BSA that would just wipe all BSA use from a specific egg/hatchie (Incubate, Influence, etc). That's a much more generalized use that doesn't target specific variant mechanics (and also wouldn't work on non-BSA changes like Siyats and Sapphires, that really shouldn't be an option at all). 

Edited by HeatherMarie

That's a really good compromise, @HeatherMarie. That I could support. But it would need to be a new dragon.

18 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

That said, I'm a bit more supportive of a general 'BSA Wash' BSA that would just wipe all BSA use from a specific egg/hatchie (Incubate, Influence, etc). That's a much more generalized use that doesn't target specific variant mechanics (and also wouldn't work on non-BSA changes like Siyats and Sapphires, that really shouldn't be an option at all). 

Yes I think thats a good way to do it. Seriously I influ wrong or BSA by mistake too often XD