538799271_Dragon1.thumb.jpg.29faf303e7c92996e58775a03c642f01.jpg

It's an awkward shape to get a good photo but I like this close-up too

Spoiler

485933445_Dragon2.thumb.jpg.522bfed00221127a319cbfee5becb78a.jpg

And this Star Wars set

Spoiler

Kenobi.thumb.jpg.846fd5f0ad9f1c08a3dee42e21f7c42c.jpg

9 hours ago, KnightKaramatsu said:

found out my fave colour scheme is a type of color blindness called tritanopia, and Lego yellow makes such a nice pale pink!

That's pretty cool, in fact! 

Nice chess set.

I'm so jealous of all of you who have LEGO shops nearby. XD

5 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

There's this dragon

Reveal hidden contents

538799271_Dragon1.thumb.jpg.29faf303e7c92996e58775a03c642f01.jpg

That dragon was a fun build! :) I did that one over Christmas.

I belong to a LEGO Facebook group that does weekly builds, one called the Unibrick, where you take a single brick and envision it as something else (like someone who rearranged the ponytail hairpiece to look like a duck). This 'Spanish Walking Pony' was my entry this week:

Screenshot_20230115-175254.thumb.jpg.80e3cd4e93d0380674c8fcf217ba3469.jpg

On 2/2/2023 at 6:29 PM, Chaos Rider said:

There's this dragon

That's pretty cool, a shame you have to pull it apart but you can get the joy of building it again later. Is that from the Ninjago theme? I had to look at the tail more closely because they looked like the long flag pieces from the medieval theme but they look more flame like.

On 2/2/2023 at 6:29 PM, Chaos Rider said:

There's this dragon

Oh, that looks like it moves! It's cool when they have little functions like that!

On 2/3/2023 at 12:04 AM, Lagie said:

I'm so jealous of all of you who have LEGO shops nearby.

I live in a major city so there are a few places I can get to by public transport. It is nicer than having to travel 7 hours one way just to look at stuff for half an hour and have to leave again. I hope you get to enjoy a visit to a store sometime, the pick a brick walls are always the best IMO.

6 hours ago, KnightKaramatsu said:

I hope you get to enjoy a visit to a store sometime, the pick a brick walls are always the best IMO.

I hope so, too! I love the Pick-A-Brick walls!  The nearest store I think is Sawgrass Mills in Florida, a plane ride away. :P

I'm a massive fan of the botanical sets, and I have the Titanic on my wishlist >:D

My father's a marine biologist and we both adore all things ocean!

7 hours ago, KnightKaramatsu said:

That's pretty cool, a shame you have to pull it apart but you can get the joy of building it again later. Is that from the Ninjago theme? I had to look at the tail more closely because they looked like the long flag pieces from the medieval theme but they look more flame like.

It's from one of the Marvel movies. Never watched the movie but loved the dragon model and got it when it was discounted. I like it but it had been sitting on my shelf for a while and I got tired of seeing it too. If it's a Ninjago dragon you wanted to see, then I entered a photo of one in one of the dc photography contests. Iirc the dragon theme, didn't win though

According to Bricklink the tail pieces are 69858Wave Rounded Curved Single with Bar End (Flame)

4 hours ago, ShadowMistaken said:

I'm a massive fan of the botanical sets, and I have the Titanic on my wishlist >:D

My father's a marine biologist and we both adore all things ocean!

I want to get the newest wildflowers set!

Did you get the ship's captain minifigure from last year's series? He goes well with the Titanic!

17 hours ago, Lagie said:

I want to get the newest wildflowers set!

Did you get the ship's captain minifigure from last year's series? He goes well with the Titanic!

I haven't managed to get my hands on the captain minifigures but I really want one haha

prob gonna beg my parents for one of those when I finish my bouquet set lol

In Australia we have a chain grocery store called Woolworths (called woolies for short), that currently has a promo going where for every 30 $AUD you spend you get a blind bag with bricks in them. It's an obvious LEGO knock off if you look at the building pieces but the human figures and other small items like shopping trollies and toothpaste have their own molds. They have brand deals where you put stickers from actual brands on the pieces to make a store (like the organic logo on the crate outside and the shampoo and conditioner bottles. 

It's free with purchase and it's made from 100% recycled plastic. It's pretty neat since I get my shopping from there anyway and you might as well get free stuff since groceries are something everyone needs anyhow. 

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/discover/bricks

I'm not following any particular set up and I don't go out of my way to get them but my partner's mother is collecting them for me. 

Just thought it was neat and that you guys might be interested. (They are Lego compatible, I don't mix them though in case they get stuck or cause damage). 

IMG_20230224_230708745_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230224_230253364.jpg

IMG_20230224_230237946.jpg

On 2/20/2023 at 10:48 PM, Chaos Rider said:

Bookwyrm

Reveal hidden contents

20230221_164244.thumb.jpg.3e59407b384f011770f8676fc8ee0a58.jpg

Love this! :)

23 hours ago, KnightKaramatsu said:

It's free with purchase and it's made from 100% recycled plastic.

They do look neat! And I think it's great they're made of recycled plastic. Have fun with them!

On 2/21/2023 at 2:48 PM, Chaos Rider said:

Bookwyrm

Hide contents

20230221_164244.thumb.jpg.3e59407b384f011770f8676fc8ee0a58.jpg

Love this 🙂

I managed to find a relatively affordable second hand medieval market village a few weeks ago. 

It was on ebay, and had been there for weeks, because the original listing said it was missing a cow.  They found the cow, and dropped the price, and then accepted my offer, yay. I've been wanting it for years. No box, but I can live with that. 

Now I have to wash it all. Sigh. Just finished washing and sorting recent flea market stuff. I got a lovely horse and cart with a black falcon last week, will go well with the village. 

I've been reading all the reviews of rivendell and desperately wanting it. I love all the different shades of green.  Won't be buying much else this year if I decide to get it. But $800 Australian, eek. I don't have a place big enough to display it. But I've been a lotr fan since first reading the books at 12 years old, and the hobbit a few years earlier.I missed out on all of the lotr sets due to extreme poverty at the time they were released. Managed to get attack of the wargs on sale when the hobbit ones were released. 

Hello to knight karamatsu 🙂

I have to admit I groaned when I was recently in woolworths, after seeing that the fake lego was back. I hate it, because it gets into the flea market stuff, and I'm such a purist that I don't want to mix it with real lego. It doesn't fit into my medieval castle theme. I have a big bag of it that I'm planning  to give to an op shop, but if you want it I can post it to you. It's all the bits I've picked out of mixed Lego bags over the last year or so. Even a base plate. 

Edited by greycat

On 3/1/2023 at 1:00 AM, greycat said:

desperately wanting it.

I hear you on that! For me, it's more than my monthly condo fees, so I keep hesitating.

On 3/1/2023 at 1:00 AM, greycat said:

affordable second hand medieval market village

Congrats!

I've been doing something called a 100 Piece Challenge at one of the Facebook groups. Here are my creations for it, if anyone's interested. ;)

8 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

I'm going to start building this. I'll be back in few days.

Enjoy! That looks like a fun set.

19 minutes ago, sh20000sh said:
  Hide contents

0x00ab.jpg

And here we are

That was quick😀. It's such a good castle, and I really love the section with the thatched roof. 

Mine is still in the box. I need to clear some space for it. Preferably somewhere that my cat won't want to investigate... She likes inspecting Lego builds.

3 hours ago, sh20000sh said:
  Hide contents

0x00ab.jpg

And here we are

That's huge. As much as I love castle sets I wouldn't have the space for it

5 hours ago, sh20000sh said:
  Hide contents

0x00ab.jpg

And here we are

Nice! I may have to add that to the wishlist, though like Chaos, I'm not sure I have the space (that's my issue with Rivendell, too).

11 hours ago, Lagie said:

Nice! I may have to add that to the wishlist, though like Chaos, I'm not sure I have the space (that's my issue with Rivendell, too).

Yes, space is such an issue with these big sets. I'm still longing for Rivendell, but no idea how I can find room for it. 

I'm so envious of people who have a spare room for lego. In my dreams 😆

I should stop buying little bags of lego at the weekly flea market. I've got so much sorting to do. 

Last Sunday I found a minifigure woman with long grey hair, a mini me 🙂

There's a new series of Lego masters on in Australia, lego grandmasters. Previous winners and finalists competing, and it's wonderful to see what they build. 

11 hours ago, greycat said:

Last Sunday I found a minifigure woman with long grey hair, a mini me

That's always fun, finding yourself! One of my volunteers picks me up polybags and minifigs when she travels so she helps keeps my addiction stoked. XD

This is me:

Screenshot_20230302-080208.thumb.jpg.4d67ef623376495703eebfc9ff486b3d.jpg

I have no TV but have seen some of those builds on Facebook. They're incredible!

9 hours ago, sh20000sh said:
  Hide contents

d91a20b5202c.jpg

I put this on top of refrigerator as temporary display point.

That works well! (I have those chicks, too. ;) )

I finally made it out of last place! One of the Facebook groups I belong to has several weekly builds and most of the time when I enter, I end up in last place. This week, finally, I placed second. :)

Screenshot_20230522-174528.thumb.png.e5bc296000075eaf8b55ae96b81c6436.png

The build at the top right is mine! :) "What a Beautiful Moon."

We had to make the 2x2 round plate the star of our build.