Lagie

LEGO

1 hour ago, Chaos Rider said:

It's not much but it's a set I wanted to have when I was little:

Hide contents

20221102_222245.thumb.jpg.de9504c272bd7603838aa1dec7a91c33.jpg

Aww that's a nice one! I always love the propellors.

On 10/15/2022 at 11:02 PM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Fun!

I'm still sorting through the bulk lot I picked up last month. Why do kids pull off arms, legs, and hands?

I just decided to buy a LEGO Lion Knights' Castle as Christmas present to myself. It was sold out at official store so I bought from overseas though.

Ooh, enjoy the build! That set looks fun.

I finished this one this week (thanks to a Christmas bonus at work):

Screenshot_20221219-074419.thumb.jpg.ef8399b507ebaadc116035de5b083c10.jpg

3 hours ago, ACDragonMaster said:

My brother got me this set for Christmas, and I can't wait to put it all together!

That one is a fun build! Enjoy!

Merry Christmas!

Screenshot_20221207-185929.thumb.jpg.6a65751408bc83a51586ac19fb0cca1d.jpg

"O Tannenbaum"

Screenshot_20221221-165455.thumb.jpg.a28cd7306922fe283e1db8fa604f580e.jpg

"Blue Christmas"

23 hours ago, ACDragonMaster said:

My brother got me this set for Christmas, and I can't wait to put it all together!

Oh my gosh, I got that set for my mother for Christmas!! Our families have great taste. ;) 

Congratulations!

On 12/26/2022 at 6:41 PM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Nice!

Did you know that Corpsegrinder's hobby when on the road is playing those claw machines? He's apparently really good at them, and then at the end of each year, he donates all the stuffed animals he won from the claw machines all year to Toys for Tots.

Something ain't right here.

35kqn0h9wg9a1.png

His wing looks like a third bird.

11 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

My Lion castle finally arrived!

I may build it on May -

Awesome! :) Have fun!

I've spent the last three days sorting LEGO. It's taking much longer than anticipated, especially as I decided some of it needed washing. :rolleyes:

I'm so glad I found this thread! 

I only got into Lego as an adult because I wasn't allowed Lego as a kid ('Lego is for boys" is bunk and Lego is for everyne,  regardless of gender!). 

I recently watched the Lego Elves on Netflix and I wish I hadn't missed those Lego sets. (the airship in particular is pretty cool). I mostly like the Lego City, Creator and Technic sets. I've pulled a lot of my sets apart to sort the pieces but I'm putting them back together now that I have a table to put everything on. 

I need to take a photo of what I have so far.

Nice to meet everyone!

1 hour ago, KnightKaramatsu said:

Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome! :)

I recently sent some entries in for a 'Monochrome' build contest (prize is bragging rights ;) ). Of 16 entries, my five were five of the bottom six XD as usual, but I had fun with the building of them.

Screenshot_20230118-132118.thumb.jpg.90e104599c8e939afcb0458fe4fab525.jpg

Garden Menace

Screenshot_20230118-132639.thumb.jpg.0c0bb77f3f1974a7e223fd0d14f56525.jpg

Mudslide

Screenshot_20230118-132303.thumb.jpg.3a653fa513cae531891c296906c6049e.jpg

Not the Beginners Slope

Screenshot_20230118-131802.thumb.jpg.9fdba4cb95aa26ae9aa7f85558346981.jpg

Beware the Mountain Monster

Screenshot_20230118-132202.thumb.jpg.d44ab74098b0c45bf6da1f057eeda06d.jpg

Waterfall

19 hours ago, Lagie said:

Mudslide

Those are all pretty cool but I love how you used the brown hair piece in this one! It looks like a geyser or something flowing up and it really gives a lot of movement to the piece! Such a creative use for something that I haven't really seen used much in mono builds.

I also love the little goat buddy and the swirly ice cream pieces on the beginners slope. The clear pieces are a nice 'icy' touch as well :3c 

My current build- remaking the castle to put on the other side of the lake.

Spoiler

IMG_20230124_185921262.thumb.jpg.6354925389ea3720028c896ee8efe5b7.jpg

My very mismatched town - (I'll have to move everything around to put the castle in. I'm hoping I can somehow connect the modular buildings together. 

Spoiler

IMG_20230124_103813245.thumb.jpg.1a00b49a62953ca3614682d9d7a4af1b.jpg

Some caravans / campervans - I'm looking forward to adding the new summery creator 3 in 1 to my collection later. (Apologies for the cat fur! My kitty likes to act like a big Kaiju and walk around the town

Spoiler

IMG_20230124_103309970_HDR.thumb.jpg.e62d33b346320151f21d384066fbd8d6.jpg

4 hours ago, KnightKaramatsu said:

Such a creative use for something that I haven't really seen used much in mono builds.

Thanks! I got the idea from someone who used hair pieces as foliage.

4 hours ago, KnightKaramatsu said:

My very mismatched town

With a Lego Store! Those are so cute. Nice train in the background!

32 minutes ago, Lagie said:

With a Lego Store! Those are so cute. Nice train in the background!

Thanks! I actually also have the limited print *Sydney" plaque for the Lego store but I didn't want to use it. It seemed like it would be something better kept in it's packet. 

The train was fun! I kinda wish that I'd gotten the cargo train because it has like a crane / cargo mover thing but I couldn't find one. 

I've seen someone use the Lego leg pieces for architecture stuff and I thought that was pretty cool. I'm trying to think of cool ways to use pieces but I mostly stick to the instructions. Do you make many MOCs? 

1 minute ago, KnightKaramatsu said:

Do you make many MOCs? 

Not really. I tend to build sets, like the treehouse, or the Minecraft mine, then 'embellish' them. I belong to a Facebook group that has weekly and monthly MOC builds so I'm starting to try more. In the builds with polls, I nearly always end up last XD but at least the building is fun.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Not really. I tend to build sets, like the treehouse, or the Minecraft mine, then 'embellish' them. I belong to a Facebook group that has weekly and monthly MOC builds so I'm starting to try more. In the builds with polls, I nearly always end up last XD but at least the building is fun.

As long as you're having fun, that's the most important thing! I think organizing the pieces and following the instructions is fun, so I prefer that to making my own original pieces. 

How do the Minecraft blocks compare with normal Lego pieces if you don't mind me asking? I was kind of tempted by the Minecraft bakery (my town needs some sort of farm and I like the vibes) but I wasn't sure how the block proportions worked. Are the Lego figures and the Minecraft figures compatible size wise? Like are they the same height sort of thing?

3 minutes ago, KnightKaramatsu said:

Like are they the same height sort of thing?

The Minecraft sets remind me of early Lego with lots of basic bricks. Oddly, the bakery is the first one I've found that has very few. XD I still have it waiting to be built. The scale is comparable but they're a bit hard to combine with the other more detailed sets as they tend to be open to the elements.

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The Minecraft sets remind me of early Lego with lots of basic bricks. Oddly, the bakery is the first one I've found that has very few. XD I still have it waiting to be built. The scale is comparable but they're a bit hard to combine with the other more detailed sets as they tend to be open to the elements.

Thanks for the info. I do like more 'enclosed' sets where you can move the walls to open them and close them again. I might hold off on getting any of the Minecraft sets until I can figure out a satisfactory way of closing off some of the walls and trying to tie the place together with some sort of coherent theme. I need to check out the pick a brick wall the next time I go into a Lego store in case they have a nice colour that I can use everywhere. 

Thanks for the help and the warm welcome!

22 minutes ago, KnightKaramatsu said:

need to check out the pick a brick wall the next time I go into a Lego store in

I'm so jealous! There are no Lego stores here. Have fun!

22 minutes ago, KnightKaramatsu said:

Thanks for the help and the warm welcome!

:)

On 1/23/2023 at 10:04 PM, Lagie said:

Welcome! :)

I recently sent some entries in for a 'Monochrome' build contest (prize is bragging rights ;) ). Of 16 entries, my five were five of the bottom six XD as usual, but I had fun with the building of them.

Looks like the stuff what I saw from Charlie and the chocolate factory XD  

Edited by sh20000sh

A new store opened in Miranda (an hour away by train) and they had a promo on for the Miranda store where you spend over $200 and get a build of the store to go with the other Lego store I have. 

I bought a chess set for my partner and the boutique for me (it was heavy bringing it back home in one bag). Also, I found out my fave colour scheme is a type of color blindness called tritanopia, and Lego yellow makes such a nice pale pink! This is going to be my Valentines day present to my partner. Sure the LEGO flowers are pretty but we can spend more time together playing games. 

IMG_20230202_141558898.jpg

Snapchat-272402729.jpg