Fuzzbucket

Trade limits

Maybe even add a line saying "If you would like more explanations, please go to the Forum where you can always get additional help" or something like that.

I THINK that is too close to direct communication.

Another possible item for that dropdown list would be something like "I already have that breeding" or something along those lines. There are times when I'm trying to trade for something to work into a checker, and the egg might be the right breeds but using it would make my lineage inbred. This would also apply to people hunting SAltkin who want an egg from a SAlt they don't already have.

I honestly think w can't cover everything. Every time something like that comes up someone will say "and what about THIS reason" and so on. You can link to a group if you need to have people check for inbreeding - and they won't (I won't myself !) so...

that dropdown menu looks excellent! maybe just a "misc" option to cover the vast array of reasons that won't be specifically covered?

I suggested something similar a couple years ago but the dropdown would also be so helpful oh my gosh.

Eek, just realised I had already replied to this. ^^;

Edited by OMGitsKairi

This would be so good! One the same kind of token, I've accidentally cancelled trades, do members get a message saying this trade was cancelled rather than it's been declined? I've felt so bad because I didnt even get to see what the trade was!

You get nothing. There's a note in your notifications that an offer was made, but it doesn't say what was offered.

On 2/6/2023 at 6:28 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Just a dropdown menu when you reject:

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.901db894de1d52e61b7be314d462bdf2.jpg

I don't think trying for too much detail is workable.

I would fully accept a short drop down list of pre made  explanations (maybe the holiday one cycles in for the holidays.) I would also add in the list something akin to "No other reason given" in case the explanation is not listed. This would work to keep it simple and prevent people trying to use it as a "mode of conversation" It might also help prevent people using the trade hub trades as a form of communication as well. @TJ09 do you think this is do able?

On 2/8/2023 at 7:36 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

I honestly think w can't cover everything. Every time something like that comes up someone will say "and what about THIS reason" and so on. You can link to a group if you need to have people check for inbreeding - and they won't (I won't myself !) so...

you are right, your list is sufficent. I think the only other option should be: no reason given. (because sometimes if a person has an open offer trade, no reason given would be sufficient if they reject something they just don't want.)

2 hours ago, Starscream said:

you are right, your list is sufficent. I think the only other option should be: no reason given. (because sometimes if a person has an open offer trade, no reason given would be sufficient if they reject something they just don't want.)

What about "Not interested" and then "Other"? I think just adding those two to the list above would cover most possibilities. "Not interested" seems more clear to me than "no reason given," especially for a trade just looking for offers. (If you're asking for offers, "not what I asked for" doesn't apply.) I would worry a "no reason" rejection was a mis-click if I thought I was offering something the other person wanted. And "other" covers everything else.