Fuzzbucket

Trade limits

I don't know how possible this is - but is there some way that people can be warned if they are making an offer that cannot be accepted. A very new player has just made an offer on my trade - I cannot accept it, as they are egg-locked and i have no way to tell them why I am rejecting it. Maybe if there could be  added text when you offer: "You do not have space to make this trade" or something ? Is that even possible within the game ? Or even on the trade page "When offering, make sure you can accept the trade..." or even a link to the egg limits page ?

I realise that we can always set up a trade, knowing that if we want, we can dump something - but for new players who aren't on forum, they seem not to have a clue

It’s happened so often, and I’ve felt really bad turning down a trade at times, but haven’t been able to communicate that I want the trade, they just don’t have space for it. So I wholeheartedly second this!

full support!  I had a trade offer sit for over 24 hours because the other player was locked, and I ended up canceling the trade.  when I looked at their scroll, I could tell they were new.  I looked for them on the forums, but either they have a different name than their scroll or were not on the forums at all.

Support from me as well, I always feel terrible when I have to turn someone down just because it's impossible for me to accept because of this, and I would love for people to understand why I'm doing what I'm doing

If it's impossible maybe as well as accept / reject, there could be a third button "Cannot accept" ? I know we can't always tell - but the one I had to reject today I could see.

Support. I also feel bad when someone is clearly a frustrated newbie and I can't let them know what the problem is.

I support this too for the reasons everyone has stated above.

And damn  - I have another offer on the same trade and I can't accept that one either....

Oh my goodness Yes Please!! There was a suggestion awhile back that it just not be possible to offer in this situation, and I certainly wouldn't want anything like that. But a notice that you are locked, that the trader wouldn't be able to accept your offer as-is (ie, unless you abandon something or whatever), even just a reminder that trades cannot be completed if it would put you over your limits... Any of those would be so helpful. It *sucks* having to reject a perfectly suitable offer because you *can't* accept it, and not having any way to tell the person why it was rejected. It really does feel bad, I always wonder if the offerer would realize after the fact that I couldn't accept or if they just assume I didn't want the offer or what. 

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Oh my goodness Yes Please!! There was a suggestion awhile back that it just not be possible to offer in this situation, and I certainly wouldn't want anything like that. 

Actually why not ? Not at all a bad idea - then you'd have to look and see what you need to do... It might actually help new players (and the absent minded) to realise what the limits are.

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Actually why not ? Not at all a bad idea - then you'd have to look and see what you need to do... It might actually help new players (and the absent minded) to realise what the limits are.

I wouldn't want that mostly because I have had situations where I have offered when I couldn't take the eggs because I needed one or two of mine to hatch that were at time, and I could only be on my phone at that moment or something like that. 

Support for some kind of way to let someone know their trade offer cannot be accepted.

A warning up front would be nice (letting someone still offer if they have an egg about to hatch any minute seems fine to me), and then the proposed "cannot accept" button with a notification like, "[user] wants to accept your trade but cannot until your scroll has room for [x] more eggs, see [link to egg limits page]."  I'm sure someone can phrase that better, but I think it's important that the notification be really clear about why the trade can't be accepted and what needs to happen to fix it.

37 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Because while you are spending time coaching players who are doing the wrong thing, there are likely to be others whose offers are being ignored despite the fact that they are playing correctly.  Is it right to let them wait, with their eggs/hatchlings being tied up, while you chase after what you see as a better offer.  

Yes please! That would be nice to let people know they're locked and reduce the chance in wasting everyone's time. But I would like to ask if some people locked themselves after they offered, is there a better way to handle it? Maybe let the text shown on top of the dragon's page (same as the sick message) or trading page, not sure which page could be more noticeable. The advantage of the "Cannot accept" button is it can send a notification to catch attention, but people may still can't understand why we can't accept. Maybe it's better if the button with a text box to write the reason?

Support, I've never understood why it tells me that I can't accept but doesn't tell the person they can't offer.  Seems like it should be the other way around!

8 hours ago, Ripple_Tiger said:

I wouldn't want that mostly because I have had situations where I have offered when I couldn't take the eggs because I needed one or two of mine to hatch that were at time, and I could only be on my phone at that moment or something like that. 

This. A blanket ban like that, just not allowing anyone to offer if they are locked at that moment, would actually end up negatively affecting a lot of trades. To my knowledge, most people don't get an offer, see it, realize it can't be accepted, and reject it, all within the first few minutes of being offered. If you are locked at the moment but know something can/will hatch within 15 minutes or something, you may be missing out by *not* offering, and the trader may be missing out on your offer which could be exactly what they wanted. There needs to be an *explanation* so people *know* their offer can't be accepted as-is, but they should still be able to offer. If a trader doesn't want to wait for the offerer to become unlocked they just reject it, simple, but never getting the offer at all would be a real shame.

I support a warning of some kind. I often have users offer when locked and usually, even after letting the offer sit, I still have to cancel because they have too many eggs or hatchlings.

I did search - but fair comment ! And yes - I agree that experienced players will often knowingly make such an offer because they know they will have a space very soon, and so on.

This would be useful, especially if it were expanded beyond just being scroll-/egg-locked and also indicated things like being at CB limit for holidays and such.

In an ideal world, I'd want the ability to Reject With Explanation. Not just for when people are locked - when people offer on my trades what I want and they're locked, I'll check their scroll if I can and wait a couple of hours to see how that plays out. But a lot of the time it just doesn't work out because we can't communicate.

I'm not sure if "Rejected: You were egglocked" or "hatchie is ungendered" or "incorrect lineage" or whatever breaks the no direct communication between scrolls rule, but I don't really see how it would be different from the 'wants' section on the trades already? But if it's not insta-nuked by the no-communication thing (which to the best of my knowledge is out of TJ's hands but makes zero sense to me), I'd love to be able to add a little tag to explain why an offer was rejected. It would also solve the problem of new players not understanding why their trade offers are rejected and simultaneously help teach them about egglocking without needing direct messaging on-site or going through the slog of trying to find them on the forums. I personally don't usually join forums like this until I've existed on the actual site itself for a while, for a variety of reasons that tons of other people can and do share, so learning about that had to be done the hard way (granted, I joined back when the forums were the only method of trading XD ).

This option existing would also solve the whole accidental rejection because there's no confirmation thing. The prompt to add an explanation would act as a confirmation in itself ^-^

TLDR: Support! Love to be able to tell a player why their offer was rejected when rejecting, if it doesn't break the no communication on-site thing.

Just a dropdown menu when you reject:

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.901db894de1d52e61b7be314d462bdf2.jpg

I don't think trying for too much detail is workable.

That drop down would be very welcome, particularly the "you are egglocked" part. I can't say how often I had to decline a trade due to that and I always had the feeling I was considered rude as the egg-locked person likely wasn't aware of the fact.

20 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Just a dropdown menu when you reject:

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.901db894de1d52e61b7be314d462bdf2.jpg

I don't think trying for too much detail is workable.

That honestly looks really good, about the only other thing I'd suggest is include a "not interested" option.  Sometimes you just ask for "offers" and, well.  You can't say "that's not what I asked for" because you just wanted to see what people would offer but you reject something because you just have no interest in whatever they decided to try their luck with.

(also maybe add a "i can't accept that many hatchlings" as well, since sometimes they might be offering too many that would put you over scroll-lock limits)

I was thinking it needs changing anyway, to "you have too many eggs" and so on, for newbs who don't know what egg-locked means.