miscat

Allow Filter by Drake/Pygmy/Two-Headed

Essentially title. Drakes, Pygmies, and Two-headed dragons have unique breed conditions that limits potential partners, being able to quickly filter out incompatible breeds would be a small quality of life improvement, I think.

At the moment, my solution is to maintain a group, however this is having problems with having to manually add dragon/species and searching by breed name. For example, Howler Drakes and Tatterdrakes do not appear under search 'drake' or their breed. However, they appear properly under Breed Sort. I think this is related to the encyclopedia, as they have entries but no link from their view page.

"Breed action already filters out incompatible dragons/species."
It does, however I'd like a fast way to view and sort ALL dragons, not dragons of the opposite sex.

This request is non-essential, so I understand if it's not implemented.

Edit: Sep 12 Encyclopedia update has allowed sorting by pygmy/drake/wyvern etc. A very similar feature as this request and appreciated!

Edited by miscat
Update

You get links from the view page once you have the sprite unlocked. For instance, I do have links on Howler drakes, but not not Tatterdrakes as I don't have the adult sprite unlocked. So once you unlock the sprites they should be able to be searched for. 

On 6/28/2022 at 11:24 PM, DragonLady86 said:

You get links from the view page once you have the sprite unlocked. For instance, I do have links on Howler drakes, but not not Tatterdrakes as I don't have the adult sprite unlocked. So once you unlock the sprites they should be able to be searched for. 

Ah. That just raises the question why you would need to unlock encyclopedia entries to search for an adult breed you already own.
So this applies to all stages and alternates?

Yes. The link appears once you have that particular sprite unlocked.  Which means things like Spirt wards that change a lot only have links while displaying a sprite you have and then not if are missing some.  

No idea why it affects scroll searching though. 

Is what you're asking for a filter tag for pygmies, two-headed, etc? Because if so I totally agree. 

4 hours ago, High Lord November said:

Is what you're asking for a filter tag for pygmies, two-headed, etc? Because if so I totally agree. 

I believe this is what they’re proposing, I support as well, it would be so much easier just to be able to sort by those specific breeds rather than scrolling through everything.

I think it'd be neat to be able to filter by type--not just for those with limited breeding pools, but just in general.  Like typing "wyvern" pulling up any dragon that's categorized as a wyvern.

Currently it only works for breeds that include the type in the name (such as "Fever Wyvern") and I think it'd be nice for it to work for everything that falls under that category.

Yes, the proposal is filtering by type. Adding filters for morphology would be nice in addition, but I specifically asked for types with limited breeding pools since I thought they'd be easier to implement (and maybe more practical?).

Edited by miscat
Details

I would love to have a filter by type option, especially since we are getting "special" versions of these breeds lately (scourge keepers).