free_of_whip

ANSWERED:Any way to stop people from adding my dragons to click sites?

Pardon me if this has already been asked, but I can't find it.  Someone has been attacking my scroll--repeatedly putting my eggs and hatchlings into multiple click sites so they become sick (and in one case, die).  I go through frequently and remove them from as many click sites as possible, and fog the dragons when they get sick.  But this means I can't trade, except for hatchlings, and even them for only a brief period after stunning, because dragons have to be unfogged to trade.  This has been going on for a couple of days now.  It is totally destroying my interest in the game, since finding things to trade has been my favorite part.  Is there any solution?

Unfortunately, not really. This has been an issue for years and there have been many suggestions made on how to tweak things... But right now the only 100% effective way to stop people from adding your dragons places is to keep those dragons fogged. It sometimes also helps to hide your scroll and not show your username on the dragon's viewpage (both under Account Settings), that at least may make it a little harder for others to put your dragons into sites that require a scroll-name. 

Hide your scroll. If no one knows my scrollname and I have the scroll hidden then they can't add my drags to sites

One thing to note though is that draghatch can access things on your scroll even if it's hidden, UNLESS you have logged in through draghatch before and secured your scroll. I don't know how that site does that. The issue does go away once you secure your scroll - at that point anyone with an IP different from yours won't be able to access the scroll through this site at all, be it hidden or not, unless they have your password. And on the other hand, you can keep your scroll permahidden and just use draghatch to hatch your dragon, one hatchery won't get your dragons sick.

On 4/12/2022 at 4:04 PM, Moriaty said:

Hide your scroll. If no one knows my scrollname and I have the scroll hidden then they can't add my drags to sites

One thing to note though is that draghatch can access things on your scroll even if it's hidden, UNLESS you have logged in through draghatch before and secured your scroll. I don't know how that site does that. The issue does go away once you secure your scroll - at that point anyone with an IP different from yours won't be able to access the scroll through this site at all, be it hidden or not, unless they have your password. And on the other hand, you can keep your scroll permahidden and just use draghatch to hatch your dragon, one hatchery won't get your dragons sick.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help for any eggs you have up for trade.  Eggs can be added to click sites individually if someone has the code--and they can get the code for each egg up for trade from the trading link.

Fortunately, whoever was doing this appears to have stopped.  But losing two valuable eggs, and not being able to trade any others for several days, was a huge pain.

Edited by free_of_whip

6 minutes ago, free_of_whip said:

Unfortunately, this doesn't help for any eggs you have up for trade.  Eggs can be added to click sites individually if someone has the code--and they can get the code for each egg up for trade from the trading link.

hmm I don't know, all the sites that allow adding by code combined wouldn't be enough to kill even a fresh egg. Basically only silvi and breeder cave ER allows that (valley ER also allows adding by individual code but if egg is above 4 days it wouldn't allow the egg to be saved into the system) both have super low view rate as hatcheries

however if it's like a low time egg that you want to trade before it grows up then yes that is indeed a problem. For hatchie stunning might help, for egg there's no way of stopping them unfortunately

You can viewbomb without using fan sites. I've done it to my own stuff on occasion.

@Fuzzbucket Oh I see! I don't have much experience of being viewbombed fortunately, but this week some of my eggs that I hadn't added anywhere suddenly started to gain lots of views. Luckily I noticed it within minutes, I think, since I was trying to trade them on the hub. So nothing happened, but I was a bit puzzled because before fogging them I checked all the hatcheries I know of and they weren't in any of those.