Fuzzbucket

DC Photography Contest #194

Tiebreaker poll CLOSED.  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Actually there were several re-used themes. I reused winter theme as there were no rule written about using themes again. I agree about recycling themes. If we are going to mention rule about reusing themes, I suggest make it to prevent to see same themes too frequently such as allowing from 50 rounds before from current round, etc.

And for duration, I still think three weeks are unnecessarily long for mentioned reasons. Two weeks are enough for those for my opinion.

Edited by sh20000sh

9 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

And for duration, I still think three weeks are unnecessarily long for mentioned reasons. Two weeks are enough for those for my opinion.

Would you want this to happen more than once a month then ? I know I wouldn't.

i certainly wouldn't join in that often - if at all, as it would feel rushed - and I think if anything it would reduce participation.

Reduce participation issue seems doesn't affected by pace of contests in my opinion. Look at round #178 and #192 how those went. There would be some other cause on that problem.

Well - you can always set them every two weeks on your own if you like. See how it goes.

But covid made a LOT of difference to being able to join in things like this. In the UK we couldn't go out at all for parts of that  time - making it hard to take a new photo.... I am willing to bet doing them twice a month wouldn't increase participation at all - and I am certain sure it would actually leave mine at once a month max.

2 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

I actually want this to happen twice a month.

That is too often! As far as I can see you are the only one who wants to speed things up. So, if you are hosting go ahead and shorten the time if you like -- it isn't cast in stone. But I think most others will keep a longer submission time.

For me, I feel that it could be sped up a bit, like making it less than a whole month total but maybe not to the point sh20000sh is saying at twice a month. But I don't feel like it's possible to have a in between. 

Edited by Little-Star

Ooh that reference to a strand adds extra string !

Adding you to the ping list if that's OK, @galleri

AND - entries are now CLOSED - that was why I came here. Poll going up in a few minutes.

I wouldn't mind being added to the ping list. This looks interesting but every time I remember to check what this month's theme is it's too late to enter

Added. Whoever thought of the ping list - that was a GREAT idea !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Ooh that reference to a strand adds extra string !

Adding you to the ping list if that's OK, @galleri

AND - entries are now CLOSED - that was why I came here. Poll going up in a few minutes.

Yes please!

So - we need a tiebreaker again.

image.thumb.png.40a0736e29ca10e9cf2d3cbe80e4cbef.png

I'll put up a new poll....

AND - I have done. Please vote again !

The tiebreaker failed to close when I told it to - so I closed it - and we have a winner - congratulations @galleri

Have fun setting the next one.

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The tiebreaker failed to close when I told it to - so I closed it - and we have a winner - congratulations @galleri

Have fun setting the next one.

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Congrats, @galleri! :D Thanks for hosting, @Fuzzbucket!

Thank you @Fuzzbucket, @Lagie, and @GhostMouse! I am trying to figure out how that happened lol 

You took a rather good photo ! :D

@galleri Congrats! Will there be a new contest coming soon?

Edited by purplehaze

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

@galleri Congrats! Will there be a new contest coming soon?

Yes! I plan to start it in the next two days. Either tomorrow or the next one. Probably tomorrow lol