camelia2

Custom sort not updating

Allright, so I HOPE this is a bug and not something intended : when you have a group custom sorted, then you go and purposelly change the sorting to breed/age/color etc. (because group got too messy with any new dragons added to top) and then you want to re-custom sort (ofc from the reorganised group) you still get the old custom sort mess...

It is very frustrating and annoying the only 'fix' is to delete and re-add the dragons...tens or hundreds of them.

Please make it forget the custom once we manually override it with another setting!

I'm fairly certain that the drop-down sorts are temporary sorting just like the drop-down on the scroll page. Its not supposed to override the current setup and I wouldn't want it to.

If you want to change the order you need use the the three dots and "change sort order" which works like tiled custom sort. Or,  use "Edit" to first change the default sort to Breed then "change sort order". 

Edited by DragonLady86

What DragonLady86 said. The drop down is a temporary sort. If you actually want to sort permanently by breed or whatever and then re-order, you need to go to  Edit > sort

image.png.4596fb1562a0c64351a22e482c460c9f.png

Then save that - you must save it before trying to do more - and after that, move the ones you want to move.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

I'm fairly certain that the drop-down sorts are temporary sorting just like the drop-down on the scroll page. Its not supposed to override the current setup and I wouldn't want it to.

If you want to change the order you need use the the three dots and "change sort order" which works like tiled custom sort. Or,  use "Edit" to first change the default sort to Breed then "change sort order". 

Not the drop down! The change sort order! After you change it from custom to anything else, custom sorting is not forgoten!

Let me try to demonstrate with some screenshots. 

1. Group is custom sorted

2. I sorted my group by breed

3. Even sorted by breed permanently, when I 'change sort order' I still get the old custom, not the updated verssion to let me sort by breed

Screenshot_20211229-162408.thumb.png.fe671b93886ca9da06e975506bd18649.png

Screenshot_20211229-162444.thumb.png.bdabe8afd29728a1fd998a9e09f3d7d9.png

Screenshot_20211229-162456.thumb.png.1ed4ea0a186280c2907f50b52e01a081.png

Edited by camelia2

You have to save after sorting by breed, and before you do anything else.

53 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You have to save after sorting by breed, and before you do anything else.

Fuzz... is SAVED. You can clearly see is 'default' and not from the dropdown menu! It is from edit group. It is saved.

And to satisfy anymore curiosity I tried multiple *permanent* sortings one after the other. Custom is NOT forgotten

Edited by camelia2

Indeed when you custom sort, then switch to breed (or any other) sort and back to custom sort, the custom sort order is still the original one. I suspect that's how it's intended to work though. What you want to do is breed sort and then make some changes to that order through custom sort, right? I can't really think of an efficient way to do that right now...however, in the sorting options for the whole scroll we get more options. Under the custom sorts, we get "resort by: breed, colour" etc. If I understand correctly, that would solve your issue. Perhaps it would be good to make a suggestion about adding this option for groups. 

This is how it works for me too-- Like "custom sort" is its own sorting option and won't be permanently effected by the other sorting options.

On one hand, I'm happy because I have a specific sort for my main scroll I don't want to get too out of wack, on the other hand it made sorting my groups more tedious lol.

I fell that what you're really saying is that the group is missing the 

Resort by: Reset | Breed | Growth | Name | Color | Reverse
Return to Sort Settings

options.

What you're describing is actually a thing that happens across all custom sortings on DC, namely both custom sorting the group and the entire scroll. Just went to check - my scroll is currently registered as sort by breed with eggs first but when I open custom grid sort it's by date and with sinos first...must've stayed from whenever I last tried this. Might be intended, might be unintentional side effect from some codes, the difference here is that scroll sort have those resort option so it's easier to maneuver, while group sort does not

8 hours ago, MissK. said:

Indeed when you custom sort, then switch to breed (or any other) sort and back to custom sort, the custom sort order is still the original one. I suspect that's how it's intended to work though. What you want to do is breed sort and then make some changes to that order through custom sort, right? I can't really think of an efficient way to do that right now...however, in the sorting options for the whole scroll we get more options. Under the custom sorts, we get "resort by: breed, colour" etc. If I understand correctly, that would solve your issue. Perhaps it would be good to make a suggestion about adding this option for groups. 

Yes! Exactly!

I was unaware that somewhere there is 'resort custom'. Is it only for scroll-wide or is something I can't see on mobile for groups?

The fact that I can't restart custom sorting is extremly bothering

Like Moriaty said above too, it's only for the whole scroll unfortunately. The option isn't there for groups (for some reason). It seems like a good idea to suggest having it added, unless there's some coding issue that we're unaware of it seems like a simple enough solution. 

Edited by MissK.

I still got no official answer. Is this suposed to behave this way? Is TJ aware the option of re-sort is lacking on groups?