SarilustheCloudDragon

Dragon Descriptions ~ Is the review process defunct?

Do dragon descriptions ever get approved anymore? I've noticed that exactly one year ago, I described this zombie dragon, and yet even now,  there are only five approvals for the description.  I went through my scroll to see whether others had this problem, and discovered that a few of my dragons have even had pending descriptions for three years. This especially blows.

Judging by a graph on the wiki showing the length of the queue,  it doesn't seem like they're going to get out of the queue anytime soon, either. 

Surely there must be some way to reform the description process?

(I've attached a screenshot of my zombie's description, if anyone is curious)

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 7.59.23 PM.png

Edited by SarilustheCloudDragon

There are always loads waiting; I think I have a good few in that position. It does go on but if you  are desperate there's a mod you can message - I forget which one.

Just checked mine and they are all now approved - but they'd been around for AGES; I had given up checking ! so yes, approvals do happen.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

eh, it's not defunct, there's just one moderator doing it inconsistently and it's me lol. I have a 8-9 hour a day job now and don't have enough energy. 

You can always message me for a look-see. I am trying to knock it out but every time I get it down by a thousand another thousand takes their place. 

I've been a huge supporter of the idea of description mods - mods whose only job is to do descriptions and nothing else. Like half-mods. I know some folx from description force who could help me out. But it's not up to me. 

In the meantime, this belongs in the Help section, so I'm moving it. Feel free to Pm me if you have any questions. 

Description mods would be really helpful! I can't imagine one mod having to handle thousands upon thousands of description-approvals (on top of, yunno, real life). I know at one point years back the queue wasn't actually too bad and descriptions could be approved within weeks, no idea what was going on at that point but I know the majority of the time I've been active there have been pretty long queues. 

I think the Description Force thread is dead. Several months ago I posted a question about a mod reject that I have issue with for feedback, but was never responded to.

On 11/8/2021 at 12:44 PM, RainDear said:

I think the Description Force thread is dead. Several months ago I posted a question about a mod reject that I have issue with for feedback, but was never responded to.

Maybe no one was around? I know I still get the occasional notification for it.

Perhaps you would like to post on this thread which seems to be the latest to be addressing the problem: