CHEP

Egg description in encyclopedia?

Support !

It would be very nice indeed, I do like to complete the encyclopedia a lot, but I feel I do not use it for help, I use the wiki instead. 

I would love to have the feeling to open my encyclopedia for help with egg descriptions. 😊

i absolutely feel as though the encyclopedia should have ALL of the information about a dragon as a means of data storage, even if from the perspective of in-game lore. if someone in this world was trying to compile all they knew about a creature, wouldn't they also record those other observations, ESPECIALLY in the case of adults where the observation often includes behaviors, mating habits, diet, cultural significance, etc etc. i feel like this would also help out with the fact that not all breeds HAVE an encyclopedia entry, since most of them are still barren and useless after 7 years.

and i'm definitely not overlooking the usefulness of this suggestion on the side, too many times have i wanted to know the description of an egg and had to go off-site to check it, which is something that really makes no sense to have to do. the site should have all its resources available.

That would be amazing and a great way to avoid users to go to a third party side, even tho the wiki is 150% safe, its great for younger/newer users who dont have it in thier bookmarks!

Support from me. At one point I knew all the egg descriptions by heart, but there is just too many now.

How about we stop using the black question marks and just show the eggs themselves?

I've never understood the reason for doing it the way we currently do.  It's not like we can't see the eggs while we're stealing them.

Using the mystery egg icon just forces people to memorize the descriptions.

(Edited to note that the same description may apply to several eggs, making it even more frustrating...)

Edited by Strick

On 7/10/2021 at 11:46 PM, dragongrrl said:

Agreed. Many of us posting support here have 10+ years on the site. We're getting old and senile and can use all the help we can get! XD

Wow!  I'm so glad to see so many others having trouble remembering all the descriptions.  I really thought it was just me and at 77 I just might have been right.  :D

Let me just say that the Wiki has been a valuable resource over the years and I use it even more frequently these days.  I would hate to support anything that would be detrimental to it, but it would be nice if there was some way to combine it with the encyclopedia.  Would the Wiki people even consider coming over to the Cave and merging their work here? 

For all these many years DC has been a wonderful game, but it has been trending toward high regard for art but a lesser regard for information. For example, in order to find out how to get certain variations, it's necessary to do searches and read through forum threads that often tend to veer through other topics as well.  But, the Wiki gets straight to the point.  Clicking to somewhere on site or off site doesn't matter to me. It's getting the info that's important.

3 hours ago, Strick said:

How about we stop using the black question marks and just show the eggs themselves?

I've never understood the reason for doing it the way we currently do.  It's not like we can't see the eggs while we're stealing them.

(Edited to note that the same description may apply to several eggs, making it even more frustrating...)

One reason is the eggs like dorsals and ridgewings where the alt is less common and more sought after.

I'd love it if the egg, hatchling, and dragon descriptions were in the encyclopedia. I always expect to find them there and each time I'm disappointed lol. And it saves from going to check the wiki.

On 7/26/2021 at 9:01 AM, Strick said:

It's a way to level the playing field.

If you have never seen an egg of a certain type (say a rare egg like a gold) it will not be in your computer's cache to display, requiring time to get the file from the servers. For someone with good internet speeds, its virtually instantaneous. For someone on slow internet speeds - say they have a small rural ISP, they are limited to satellite internet, or stuck with dial up - in the time it takes to grab and display the file the egg will be long gone. 

+1 support for this. It would be a lot simpler than pulling up the wiki every time I can't remember for an egg I'm trying to hunt. 

(*whispers* I've also been on this site 10+ years and need all the help I can get...)

Definitely not against this. I'd also support adding to the encyclopedia whenever you see a hybrid in lineage. There are so many dragons I find myself going off site to the wiki a lot. I am also pro for making the encyclopedia easier to access. It is in an awkward place, being hidden behind the account page.

Edited by Charu