snowcat11

Add Primary & Secondary Sorting

The general idea for this is to allow a little bit more control of sorting that isn't totally manual, you apply 1 sort rule and then a 2nd one on top.

For example, sort all my dragons alphabetically, then sort them by breed, or if easier to code, vice versa. The end result would be dragons in breed order, but alphabetically sorted within each breed.

Thoughts?

Yes please!! 

I can't remember what I was doing exactly but the other day I got majorly confused about the sort orders, I think I *thought* there was a way to do exactly this and was really confused why it wasn't working. I was trying to sort by the 'growth' sort order and then the 'breed' drop-down option on the scroll, of course that didn't work the way I'd thought it would. 

Full support.

I like having my dragons sorted by default, but wish I could further change how they're sorted without needing to do custom sort [the ideal thing for me would be a way to sort by breed and then by gender *ex. Males listed first within the breed*] - but I'll settle for anything that allows a bit more control of the main scroll sorting.

Support, I want the sort by breed but with the growing dragons sorted by growth as sort by breed is necessary for breeding. Or at least give an option to sort breeding only by something (aka have breeding sorted by breed but lair sorted by growth.)

Edited by Doglover80759
forgot a parentheses

I would love more sorting ideas. It would be great if I could pin certain dragons on top, too.

4 hours ago, Charu said:

I would love more sorting ideas. It would be great if I could pin certain dragons on top, too.

Yeeeessss!! I've wanted that for *so* long! I've tried custom sort multiple times just because there are like 3 dragons I'd love to keep at the top of my scroll, but I really hate custom sort and it's just too much work to manually sort everything new just to keep 3 dragons on top. 

If there was a way to sort by breed but then sub-sort each breed so that CBs always go to the top, I'd be over the moon!  It's really difficult trying to pick out CBs that are scattered at random through 3 pages of Neotropicals when you're trying to breed something for a lineage or a trade.

Full support, I manually sort everything right now, so any improvements in that field would be very appreciated ! 😊

I was recently going through my scroll and felt the need for a secondary sort option as I'm someone who often uses the custom sort to have it organized in a way I prefer, but dislike the upkeep of it. Did a quick search of this forum, and lo and behold, someone had the same exact thought I had! I would love to see additional options added to our sorting system so I can organize breeds to stack gender together, and potentially ordered by eldest to youngest.

I also want to bring to attention a related suggestion to this, as it may help to better streamline a more efficient sorting system. Any QoL changes to our current system would be greatly welcomed in my book!