Falorni

Allow more diversity and freedom in Drake morphology

I for one enjoy Drakes being their own species compared to the rest of the cave, but that aside...

I'll agree that some more Morphology within would be nice. However, I think that Morphology would need to be limited to subspecies that can still give Drakes their defining characteristics [so while we couldn't have Wyrm-style drakes due to lack of wings/limbs...something like Lindwyrms or even Sea Serpent could work *look at the Shallow Waters and Sapos, they have more amphibian-like legs than fins in my opinion*]

I would say no to Two-Headed or Pygmy drakes [because thay would mean an even smaller breeding group within a small group], though one could in theory make a Psuedo-Twoheaded (tail has similar markings to head, can be moved next to head to give appearance of having two heads) or Psuedo-Pygmy drake (described as the smallest breed of Drake).

TL/DR: Yes to drake Morphology provided Drakes remain their own species and still maintain the traits that make them drakes

11 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

We have 12 drakes

1. Glaucus Drake
  2. Greater Spotted Drake
  3. Honey Drake
  4. Howler Drake
  5. Moonglow Drake
  6. Morphodrake
  7. Ochredrake
  8. Pseudo-wyvern Drake
  9. Sunbeam Drake
  10. Tarantula Hawk Drake
  11. Tatterdrake
  12. Vremya Drake

with which one can make some lovely lineages.

A whole 12 things people who MIND so much can't add in with regular dragons.

We also have papers (which I would LOVE to breed) and some pygmies would look good with minds...

IRL there are species which can't interbreed. I can't see any reason to take the drakes out of their own breed group. There are people like me who LOVE breeding lineages with them.

Considering that this website has been going on for 15 years, I actually feel like that isn't a lot of diversity.  I personally don't mind the 'lack of distinctive qualities' by themselves, but their breeding group doesn't really provide a lot of options. 

UM - two-headed ?

1. Baikala Dragon
  2. Bauta Dragon
  3. Blancblack Dragon
  4. Ciriax Lindwyrm
  5. Duotone Dragon
  6. Geminae Dragon
  7. Gilded Bloodscale Dragon
  8. Hooktalon Dragon
  9. Jester Dragon
  10. Nexus Dragon
  11. Split Dragon
  12. Two-Headed

And an even more limited colour palette. Do you find that equally limiting ? (Serious question.)

9 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

I'll agree that some more Morphology within would be nice. However, I think that Morphology would need to be limited to subspecies that can still give Drakes their defining characteristics [so while we couldn't have Wyrm-style drakes due to lack of wings/limbs...something like Lindwyrms or even Sea Serpent could work *look at the Shallow Waters and Sapos, they have more amphibian-like legs than fins in my opinion*]

I would say no to Two-Headed or Pygmy drakes [because thay would mean an even smaller breeding group within a small group], though one could in theory make a Psuedo-Twoheaded (tail has similar markings to head, can be moved next to head to give appearance of having two heads) or Psuedo-Pygmy drake (described as the smallest breed of Drake).

Definitely agree on this point - two-headed/pygmy drakes sounds more convoluted and difficult to manage mechanics wise than what this thread was suggesting lol

Actually, the whole post sums my thoughts pretty well and probably better than I could've worded them lol - I don't want to take away what makes drakes drakes, but either more freedom OR more elaboration on what is considered acceptable under the current limitations would IMO be needed