missy_

Neglected hatchling count not changing for Encyclopedia

I have 21 Neglected Dragon hatchlings to view for my next stage in my encyclopedia unlock.

The issue is that after viewing newly created Neglected dragon hatchlings, my view count doesn’t change. 

Example:

Today I found two Neglected dragon eggs in a hatchery.  I opened each of the eggs in a separate browser window, so that if they successfully hatched, I could add them to my Neglected dragon hatchling view count.

Both of them successfully hatched. I then viewed each of them. The views did not count. My encyclopedia count remains at 21 Neglected hatchlings needed to view.

I think it may be that if you view them as eggs then they don't count again as hatchlings? I'm not sure about that though. I know that adults only count once every 30 days or something like that, and it may be the same for those. Even though the form has changed from egg to hatchling, they are still the same code.

Edited by purplehaze

Freezies work as well (re-viewable every 30 days), did you check out the Encyclopedia Helper thread in Site Discussion?

50 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I think it may be that if you view them as eggs then they don't count again as hatchlings? I'm not sure about that though. I know that adults only count once every 30 days or something like that, and it may be the same for those. Even though the form has changed from egg to hatchling, they are still the same code.

Thanks purplehaze, that crossed my mind as well, but I think previously (can’t swear to it) that it has worked where the hatchling counted. Logically, it would seem like it would work ... since it is a different form, but maybe not, as you said, since they have the same code. I can see not being able to view maybe a hatchie and an adult from the same code, but since Neglected eggs don’t always result in hatchlings, I thought the hatchlings would count. At any rate, I don’t know the encyclopedia “rule” for such things. The irony is that I have already unlocked the Neglected egg sprite some time ago. :lol:

38 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Freezies work as well (re-viewable every 30 days), did you check out the Encyclopedia Helper thread in Site Discussion?

Thanks Ruby Eyes, yes, I have checked that thread, gone through it with a fine-tooth comb, as it were. :lol: There are several rounds of viewing hatchlings and adults; I don’t know how many more rounds before I am finished — hopefully this will be the last one! ;) 

To get the different forms still mean you have to wait out the 30 days. Once viewed - in whatever form - it counted.

I have a frozen one you can view, and there are a fair few frozen ones in the help thread.

https://dragcave.net/view/GCm59

You can also try running the description through google.

On 5/11/2021 at 2:24 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

To get the different forms still mean you have to wait out the 30 days. Once viewed - in whatever form - it counted.

I have a frozen one you can view, and there are a fair few frozen ones in the help thread.

https://dragcave.net/view/GCm59

You can also try running the description through google.

Thank you, fuzz! Well, now my views makes sense. “Once viewed - in whatever form - it counted.”

Thanks; I viewed your frozen and am down to 15.

Will recheck the encyclopedia thread since I don’t know if it has been more than 30 days — BUT ... if I viewed them say two weeks ago, and then I try to view them again, I am guessing 1. My views won’t count; and 2. the 30-day view timer will start over? So maybe I will wait a little longer.

What do you mean by “running the description through google”? 

put the description of the hatchie in the search box on Google

Thanks purplehaze, do you mean the description like “Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It looks very sick, as though it wasn’t very well looked after...”

17 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Thanks purplehaze, do you mean the description like “Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It looks very sick, as though it wasn’t very well looked after...”

Yes, that should find you some Neglected hatchlings, possibly some that you haven't viewed yet.