missy_

Why are these types of trades not being removed from the Trading Hub?

I thought that trees between two individuals were not allowed on the Trading Hub. While other rules have not been as clear, that rule has been crystal clear.

Yet even today and yesterday, the following trades were found:

Names of affected trades removed with marker— images may be large, so placed behind spoiler.

149F87DF-9EE3-494E-B796-C6B2DC79F068.thumb.jpeg.670b581cbb1e201ba316ea885b830a0e.jpeg  B3FEA803-C9A7-42B0-86F7-F21308902E21.thumb.jpeg.206dfb44999d128ce801eb136d8a7d79.jpeg

EF40C5D6-F72F-47E6-AF96-FE0467B04252.thumb.jpeg.86de45803f166a7466c62bcff65c0c03.jpeg

61C87F14-C073-4CFF-B601-B617ACF7B152.thumb.jpeg.af437b5f28433c9e4822a5bc79498983.jpeg

A59CBB3C-FDA7-4B5D-9D4F-A677F1FE2997.thumb.jpeg.245cd3791ac5c6000eba86e93bd13859.jpeg

E7FA61B7-A809-4C36-A646-587F1B56A450.thumb.jpeg.63ce694fe530573f270e7bc486819eed.jpeg

In at least one instance, two individual traders were communicating back and forth to each other using the Trading Hub. (See first screenshot.)

One person, at least, is a repeat offender. Many of these trades are still active, even now.

I thought these types of trades were not allowed. Yet if they are not removed regularly, they will proliferate as others will do the same thing, thinking that it must be okay? We used to never see these types of trades on the Trading Hub, yet now they have become relatively common. 

Are these types of trades allowed or not? If so, nothing has been said. This is typically the type of thing one would do in PM on the forum. If players are not on the forum and wish to conduct these types of trades, maybe they should join the forum? I personally don’t like the Trading Hub being cluttered with personal business between two traders. Those types of trades aren’t even allowed on the forum.

None of those are up any more; I'm guessing they were reported and dealt with. It does seem to have been two misbehaving individuals... The mods can't be INSTANTLY on top of everything.

They are not allowed, but it's not like they get automatically filtered out. People have to report the trades, and then the mods see the reports and take whatever action is needed. It's not instantaneous. But if you see the same people doing it in multiple trades, report all of those trades, and they will be dealt with.

46 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

None of those are up any more; I'm guessing they were reported and dealt with. It does seem to have been two misbehaving individuals... The mods can't be INSTANTLY on top of everything.

Good to know those trades were removed. I agree that the mods can’t be instantly on top of everything. At the time I made this post, some of those trades were still listed. Some may have disappeared because they were claimed. But at least the mods can view them anyway.

It was six different individuals. At least one of whom has a forum account. Anyway, it’s good that the trades are no longer there. 

17 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

They are not allowed, but it's not like they get automatically filtered out. People have to report the trades, and then the mods see the reports and take whatever action is needed. It's not instantaneous. But if you see the same people doing it in multiple trades, report all of those trades, and they will be dealt with.

Yeah, there is at least one of those people that has done this multiple times. But yes, it has been removed now.

You missed yesterday's drama. Someone threw a fit and accused someone else of sabotaging their trades. Went on a rant in Trade. The accused made the mistake of answering back. They didn't stretch the rules. They flat out broke them.

You're not allowed to use Trading Hub to send personal messages. Period. As I understand it, it's got something to do with TJ09's (Dragon Cave owner) workplace rules.

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

This. This is not allowed, but we don't see it unless users report it. Use the report tool. The more users that submit accurate reports, the faster something will get action from us. We can't do anything until someone reports it.

We're also people with day jobs. It will get handled.

Yes sadly I was one of the individuals that made the wrong choice in taking part in the messaging I was waaay out of line.....