StarseedLure

Awarded prize dragon, but encyclopedia isn't counting the egg

I was lucky enough to get a prize dragon for September. However, my encyclopedia isn't counting me as having ever owned a prize egg! It got the hatchling and adult count right, though. Bug or working as intended?

encyclopedia_count.png

prize_awarded.png

I think you have to CATCH an egg for it to count.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I think you have to CATCH an egg for it to count.

It depends what the site considers catching. Breeding an egg (whether it auto-abandons or not), summoning, buying from the market, etc all count, though I think things like the egg changing breed (vampire, ND) don't. Mechanically I'd think that the "claim prize" button or however people get their shiny eggs would achieve the same effect as, say, buying in the market, so personally I'd be inclined to think it's a bug, but I can see it going either way.

You can also be traded an egg an have it unlock the egg then instantly abandon, seems more like a bug. Anything you pick up from the ap counts as an egg owned too.

You can stalk the hatcheries for the eggs/hatiches to unlock them though, you have to view more if they're not ones you own. Not at the moment though, they're full of halloween eggs lol.

Strange and perplexing issue.

Once you start producing 2G prizes, I assume that will crank your number of "eggs owned" up higher.  Nothing to do now, though.

Thank you! Appreciate the insight, sounds like there are a few possibilities. I'll breed some 2G prizes and hopefully unlock that way.