solairehighwind

Longer-lasting floods for big releases?

6 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

You can unlock them by clicking other eggs of that type in hatcheries or trade hub.

True. I caught none, traded for none, bred none (which you can from other Xenos) but bought two. It's very much possible. All you need is click on a couple of eggs.

16 hours ago, saltywench said:

My only real complaint is that you can't buy something until you've CAUGHT one, which is impossible. The whole point of a market is to be ABLE to get something you can't possibly catch. I love that the new dragons are so cheap, but COME ON, let us buy the frickin things. It is VERY frustrating.

15 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

You can unlock them by clicking other eggs of that type in hatcheries or trade hub.

I've never understood why this seems to be such a frequent misunderstanding. Where are people getting the (false) information that you have to *have* a breed in order to buy it?? Is that 'info' being spread somewhere? The main encyclopedia page says right at the top:  expand your encyclopedia by raising or clicking dragons.  Obviously users realize that unlocking the Market is tied to the encyclopedia, but somehow that part gets lost?

Because of careless language by other users.... :lol:  If you hover over the image it is quite clear, too !

I usually have no big difficulties catching as many new release eggs as I can fit on my scroll even if I'm not good at catching wanted CBs. It helps, though, that I live in Europe so I tend to be asleep when the releases happen and there aren't so many players online when I wake up (given that I open my computer in the morning, before the flood ends...) I do need some patience but that's all. I guess the only situation in which I'd wish the flood lasted longer is when I don't start with eight egg slots because I have something I can't abandon but, if there was more time, could get hatched. Or similarly, I could be scroll locked with some hatchies growing up soon.

The problem with big releases, for me, is that I run out of egg slots during the flood and can't get a pair of each which would satisfy me (for a little while :D ). So a longer-lasting flood wouldn't help me until it was long enough to hatch the first eggs, and that would probably be too long. Instead, I would be really happy if the new breeds would be mixed slowlier into the already-existing breeds. The flood wouldn't end all suddenly like it does now (even if eggs of the new breeds still show up quite frequently) but gradually, with more and more older breeds showing up as days advance. Although I have no idea just how slow would be good and if this would be problematic in terms of coding or something else.

However... this of course is only my experince, with all eight egg slots and the time zone advantage. It would definitely eliminate some stress if the initial flood lasted around 24 hours, anyway, I can't be the only one who always forgets there might be a release and, because of that, isn't there waiting and all prepared. Also, I do appreciate people who are busier than me with the real world and therefore don't check the page until night or every day at all. So I think this is a good and needed suggestion or discussion, at least.

14 hours ago, Varislapsi said:

The problem with big releases, for me, is that I run out of egg slots during the flood and can't get a pair of each which would satisfy me (for a little while :D ). So a longer-lasting flood wouldn't help me until it was long enough to hatch the first eggs, and that would probably be too long.

Very very good point. I feel like there are multiple different reasons people want longer floods, but in terms of 'grab some of each before flood ends', unless we are talking about a 2-day+ flood it's not actually going to change that for bigger releases. Even at a Platinum trophy, even if your goal is only male/female of each breed, it'd be impossible to get it all within a longer flood when the releases are as big as the birthday release and the xeno release. And users with only 4-5 eggslots would have it the worst. 

I don't think its very likely to get multiday floods for every release, but I think long enough that everyone has a chance to egglock on them is reasonable.