SarutheDragon

How do i get rare dragons

I come on here pretty often to look for dragons but i've never found any rare ones in the caves

i usually look at them and if i don't recognize the egg description then i look it up on google but they're never higher than uncommon

Same way you get others, get lucky at catching them. Yes, they dont appear often as they are rare. I also guarantee if you do see a rare, it will be gone before you can look it up. Use the wiki what egg is which to learn the  ones your looking for. https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Which_egg_is_which%3F

Other options are trading on the hub or in the trading section here on the forum. Some players, myself included offer breeding for free. You can also check out the giving tree thread to get put on a list. (Read the rules) 

Edited by DragonLady86

The eggs reset every 5 minutes. So, if you're looking for rare eggs, you should show up to the biomes and refresh on the 5-minute mark. It's busiest right when hours switch, so you might have less luck being able to catch successfully.

And, as DragonLady said, do your best to memorize the rarer egg descriptions so that you can catch them before someone else does.

When I first started out, I never managed to get rare dragons until I joined the fourm and got help from some kind people here. I'd be glad to breed anything you're having trouble getting for free- just PM me! ❤️ 

Another great place to get rare dragons as gifts from kind players is here:

Sometimes, people offer rare dragons for particular common dragons that they are having trouble finding. 

Others will gift or trade them for hatchlings, or gift them. 

Well, if you don't mind getting bred dragons, feel free to PM me. However, most of my metallic rares (gold and silver) have rather "creative" lineages. No pattern, lots of breeds involved - you get the picture.

One way that hasn't been mentioned yet - when you acquire eggs, hatch eggs and raise hatchlings to adulthood, you get shards. Given enough shards, you can buy any dragon you want. Just click on the number with the shard symbol on the top of the DC page between "logged in" and the in-cave clock, and you can access the in-game shop.

Just to add onto what olympe said, you'll need to actually unlock the egg before you can buy it. But you can do that by going onto a hatchery and just clicking on 5 different eggs that are of the species you want. For really rare breeds, it might take a while, but it's not too hard.

38 minutes ago, subwoofer said:

Just to add onto what olympe said, you'll need to actually unlock the egg before you can buy it. But you can do that by going onto a hatchery and just clicking on 5 different eggs that are of the species you want. For really rare breeds, it might take a while, but it's not too hard.

Well, we also have the Encyclopdia Helper thread in Site Discussion. It helps you to unlock the rarer breeds. :) 

8 minutes ago, olympe said:

Well, we also have the Encyclopdia Helper thread in Site Discussion. It helps you to unlock the rarer breeds. :) 

Very helpful for adults and hatchies, but not so much for eggs, which is what you need to have unlocked for the market, I believe.

Okay, good point. :)