Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Guys! I'm still alive! Hi! ^^ My poor brother is still so depressed and so on, and he's practically refusing to go out and whatnot. It's rather sad really, but unfortunately, it's hard to help when he doesn't want it. Ya know? I dunno what to do. 

morning, err, afternoon!

second week of work-from-home, and now i have my office mate with me - hubby ;)

he's not that bad of an office mate though.  the cats are worse when they walk across the keyboard, and hubby doesn't do that. XD

so i keep track of the times i breed my dragons so i'm not glaring at them for that last hour that seems to last forever.  if they bred last week at 9 p.m., can they breed at 8 p.m. this week, because of the change back to standard time? i think when we switch to DST it adds an hour, so this makes sense to subtract an hour?

LOL! i haven't told him XD

actually the WFH is going pretty well, i think. i hope my boss thinks so as well. :D

21 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

is that not past though? o:

Samhain is based on astronomy., it's a midpoint between equinoxes and solstices. That's today.  

Like Christmas which was originally on the winter solstice, it's about a week off the original date. Those holidays were given a fixed date after the Gregorian calendar was officially adopted for normal use.

The barrier between the world of the dead and the living is weak tonight...

And it's halfway to Christmas. 😱

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

2 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Happy Samhain.

And to you!

Now, please come and collect your storm -

Spoiler

1259397903_2022-11-07Nicole.jpg.871eacd1f31a68af387f08ae624a5d8d.jpg

I'm on the wee dot to the right of the peculiar blue rhomboid thing.

16 minutes ago, Lagie said:

And to you!

I think that one is for Ron DeSantis. For blasphemy in a political ad. 

56 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Samhain is based on astronomy., it's a midpoint between equinoxes and solstices. That's today.  

Like Christmas which was originally on the winter solstice, it's about a week off the original date. Those holidays were given a fixed date after the Gregorian calendar was officially adopted for normal use.

The barrier between the world of the dead and the living is weak tonight...

And it's halfway to Christmas. 😱

ah, I see, otay.

I do remember someone already wishing happy samhain and google says October 31st-November 1st so I was confused.

22 minutes ago, Lagie said:

And to you!

Reveal hidden contents

1259397903_2022-11-07Nicole.jpg.871eacd1f31a68af387f08ae624a5d8d.jpg

I'm on the wee dot to the right of the peculiar blue rhomboid thing.

I mean, it does look like Florida will be collecting it soonish (whether we want to or not)....

4 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

ah, I see, otay.

I do remember someone already wishing happy samhain

Neopagans do combine Halloween and Samhain for convenience, so they can have their gatherings.

Also it gave me a reason to post that image.

Aw, I missed the end of the Halloween hatchling flood.

17 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

I mean, it does look like Florida will be collecting it soonish (whether we want to or not)....

Yup, she's headed your way, too! Stay safe!

It's very windy here this evening. I guess I'll be battening down the outside stuff at the shop tomorrow.  I hope this doesn't mess up our newly-built not-quite-done shed.

3 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Happy Samhain.

blessed Samhain to you as well! 

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

Yup, she's headed your way, too! Stay safe!

It's very windy here this evening. I guess I'll be battening down the outside stuff at the shop tomorrow.  I hope this doesn't mess up our newly-built not-quite-done shed.

heh, I was using the "we" in the broad collective sense; I'm all the way up in Washington state. though hope the peeps in Florida stay safe.

6 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

I do remember someone already wishing happy samhain and google says October 31st-November 1st so I was confused.

That was me. The books I follow had said most people consider Samhain to be Oct 31st to Nov 3 so I celebrated on the 31st lol.

6 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Neopagans do combine Halloween and Samhain for convenience, so they can have their gatherings.

Yep, as said Neopagan that is another reason I celebrate early, so as to include my family without having to do two separate celebrations.

cool cool

but yeah, understand the convenience thing too.

I am an uninformed scrub and have only heard of samhain for the first time this year =w=

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Sunny and very windy.

The good news for us is that Nicole is very slightly further north from where she was.

Good morning!

*takes a brownie*

Thanks, the food where I'm at right now sucks. Where am I, you ask? Well, one of my furry employers managed to land me in hospital; I've been here since Saturday, although I'd started having problems almost a week earlier.

Echo and London got into one of their usual spats, only this time, Echo slipped and slid into my leg as she ran. I guess she thought running into me like that was another attack or something, because she bit me. Guess who got cellulitis from the bite? And the bloody horse pills they gave me originally weren't working, so they ended up admitting me for IV antibiotics - I'm seeing some improvement, but it's still taking its own sweet time and they haven't given me an estimated release date yet.

At least being here means fewer distractions when it comes to writing, and I'm already over 16K words for NaNoWriMo. I'm a Rebel, doing multiple works of fanfic instead of a shiny new novel, but I've added a chapter and a half to my current WIP plus four one-shots for the Christmas gift exchange on Rockfic so far. Not sure if I'll try to finish the new chapter today or go for another one-shot. Maybe I'll be ambitious and try for both.

Ugh. I'm sorry, @catstaff. Cat bites are the worst about getting infected. Get better quickly, please. They always keep the hospitals too chilly. *hug*

@Long_Before_SunriseThanks!

And good news is, I've just been told that barring some kind of major setback, they're going to spring me tomorrow. Equally as good in my mind, they're sending me home with a prescription for a liquid oral antibiotic, so I won't need to wrestle with horse pills either!

Get better soon, @catstaff! Glad you'll make it home soon.

The shed guy is battening down the new shed, and I'm meant to be doing the same for the outside area of my shop, but I have no  'get up and go' today.

oh wow, catstaff! hope you're better soon!

and yaay for 16K on nano! i had a rebel year myself, and finished a novel that i'd started quite some time ago, and knew i didn't have that much to finish writing but just kept putting it off.  and then finished it in 2017... finally after, erm....too long!

@catstaff Hope your recovery is quick and uneventful from this point on. Glad to hear you will be able to go home soon.

Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone!