Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

16 minutes ago, Lagie said:

:)

Chickens.

Cheeses and papers.

When I run out, I use breed names either verbatim (Lord Kovos) or sound-alike (Heart and Xol).

Awhe I love this name idea too ❤️ 

Puns could be easy to think of too, and would make it a happy memory everytime you see the name :) 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

awesome names, Lagie! :D 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Awhe I love this name idea too ❤️ 

Puns could be easy to think of too, and would make it a happy memory everytime you see the name :) 

Exactly! Or a chuckle on a down day.

12 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

it's raining and it sucks cuz it's dark-ish u_u

Peeps are good here. And yes, dark and rainy, too. The cats are not happy campers. *sends over some Luci lights*

At least the power stayed on. It flickered once during the thundery part.

I'm alright. Just relaxing. Playing the Sims. Trying to get my lazy but to crochet. Lol

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Peeps are good here. And yes, dark and rainy, too. The cats are not happy campers. *sends over some Luci lights*

At least the power stayed on. It flickered once during the thundery part.

Eeeps, I didn't have thunder. yours was definitely worse. at least everyone's okay

@AsymDoll13 hehe, I understand the feels

i wanted to get the shorter sock at the same number of rows as the longer one before i went to bed (but that's not happening though!)... then i'm making the heels! (which is the fiddliest part of the sock to me)

fun colorway, it's called Yinzer Gonnabe Warm.  silly Pittsburghians! Yinz and all that.... XD 

Spoiler

20220421_235008.jpg

I worked on the second bee. My tension is much better, but I feel sorta bad for the person getting my first of these guys. lol

On 4/21/2022 at 7:07 AM, trystan said:

...actually, the lineage isn't based on Firefly, Simon and Kaylee were the names i gave my first Seawyrms.  i have plenty of OTHER Firefily dragons though!  i love Firefly as well! (check out Malin's lineage) :)  (any suggestions for a Shepherd Book dragon? i don't have one of those. huh.)

LOVE IT! Also, Script dragon for the good Shepard?

On 4/21/2022 at 8:29 AM, LadyAngeliki said:

Good morning CPA ❤️

Today is warm and sunny, with a gentle breeze...

Perfect fishing weather, perfect for surfing, and even better for going to the beach :)

So I was looking for an Antarean egg in the cave and caught this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/cdExT

Not sure how I got so lucky to not only catch a Dino but a legendary of trio?!: https://dragcave.net/lineage/1C1nt

I'm in awe. But I did also manage to catch 2 Antareans. ❤️

Lineage building is underway for them now  ^^

*sets out some homemade cookies and lemonade, takes a brownie to snack on*

Ty Lagie ❤️ 

Nice catches! (and thank you again for the gift :3)

Edited by purpledragonclaw
Edited quoted view links to lineage links

Good morning, CPA! B)

Happy Earth Day!

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

7 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

Eeeps, I didn't have thunder. yours was definitely worse. at least everyone's okay

Indeed! Thankfully the thundery part didn't last long.

So far today is sunny and windy. I've grown somewhat tired of the wind.

7 hours ago, trystan said:

it's called Yinzer Gonnabe Warm.  silly Pittsburghians! Yinz and all that.... XD 

Very silly. Pretty socks, though.

7 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I worked on the second bee. My tension is much better, but I feel sorta bad for the person getting my first of these guys. lol

Yay for improving! My crochet tension was always way too tight. I think that's what made me give up on it.

3 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

thanks! oooh, a Script(ure) sounds good! :D 

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Very silly. Pretty socks, though.

yep, but creative!

thanks!! :) 

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

My crochet tension was always way too tight. I think that's what made me give up on it.

oooh i started out that way.  i thought i was always going to be crocheting too tightly!  but somewhere along the line i guess i got used to it, and my hands just loosened up.  i don't have any tips, tricks or techniques, it just... happened.

yaay earth day! :D 

11 hours ago, trystan said:

it's called Yinzer Gonnabe Warm.  silly Pittsburghians! Yinz and all that....

Hubby is a Pittsburghian (or close, anyway) and says yinz all the time along with lots of other Pittsburghese.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

My crochet tension was always way too tight. I think that's what made me give up on it.

My problem with both crochet and knitting is that I can't seem to keep my tension even -- especially if I put it down and pick it up again later, as in a large project.

8 minutes ago, trystan said:

yaay earth day! :D

Yay! I changed my avatar for the occasion! :D

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Hubby is a Pittsburghian (or close, anyway) and says yinz all the time along with lots of other Pittsburghese.

so the funny thing is, i found an article on "how to speak/understand Pittsburghian" (or something funny like that) and some of the stuff sounds like it would go in a Philly article.  the one that comes to mind is "jeet jet?" (for "did you eat yet?") XD 

6 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

My problem with both crochet and knitting is that I can't seem to keep my tension even -- especially if I put it down and pick it up again later, as in a large project.

so.. make small things that can me made in one sitting? XD (says the lady that STILL has a blanket WIP for FOUR YEARS XD (it does NOT take me that long to make a blanket.  it just gets set aside every time i have something else to work on, including other blankets! XD ))

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

mine will be sunflowers until i get tired of them.  or until Putin takes his toys out of Ukraine and goes home.

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

or until Putin takes his toys out of Ukraine and goes home.

Sadly that does not seem about to happen. :(

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

unfortunately, i agree :( 

It is lovely and warm here today! :D Husband and I are planning to go on a date tonight and I am hoping wherever he picks is somewhere we can sit outside.

Also, my parents will be back in town soon! They are finishing up a 6 week vacation visiting my dad's side of the family in NZ and I have been doing various errands for them while they have been out of town. Very excited to see them!

Edited by BringsTheSnow

6 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Husband and I are planning to go on a date tonight

Yay for date night. Enjoy!

Thank you all for your input on naming. I definitely felt better after reading it all! ☺️ I even got through naming a few dragons in a lineage I'm working on, which made me really happy.

Also, @Lagie, I nearly died from laughter at this chicken.

Spoiler

_20220422_132436.thumb.JPG.f85c7398b287015064f17e6c3c5cf7db.JPG

16 hours ago, trystan said:

fun colorway, it's called Yinzer Gonnabe Warm.  silly Pittsburghians! Yinz and all that.... XD 

5 hours ago, trystan said:

so the funny thing is, i found an article on "how to speak/understand Pittsburghian" (or something funny like that) and some of the stuff sounds like it would go in a Philly article.  the one that comes to mind is "jeet jet?" (for "did you eat yet?") XD 

hehe, accents/dialects are fun things.

I honestly didn't know there was a noticeable difference in Hawaiian "accents" (unless you obviously speak pidgin english, which I don't) until someone in my evening choir class asked if I was from Hawaii and said I just sounded like I was.

my bf enjoys watching this video every now and then:

52 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

I honestly didn't know there was a noticeable difference in Hawaiian "accents" (unless you obviously speak pidgin english, which I don't) until someone in my evening choir class asked if I was from Hawaii and said I just sounded like I was.

I grew up in NW Pennsylvania -- just about 60 miles north of Pittsburgh -- and when I went to school in Pittsburgh they all asked where I was from because I didn't have a "Pittsburgh accent". Some words we said very differently, and I don't just mean things like "yinz".

1 hour ago, sleepymuggle said:

Thank you all for your input on naming. I definitely felt better after reading it all! ☺️ Also, @Lagie, I nearly died from laughter at this chicken.

Hide contents

XD Bahamians LOVE KFC. Per capita the KFC franchises do more business here than anywhere else in the world and our population is a mere almost-400,000. So when the KFC staff went on strike, there was well nigh panic in the streets, hence the chicken's name as I caught her at that time.

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I'm sorry, who are you again? XD (Just kidding! ;) )

1 hour ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Husband and I are planning to go on a date tonight

Enjoy!

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

:(

This morning I looked up at the bright sunny windy sky, with rain forecast for 1 p.m. and I said to the bright sunny windy sky that rain was fine, but could it please please wait till 3:30 or later. The rain started at ... 3:45! XD

It's a shame we don't have a lottery here. :P

I was peed on by a guinea pig like... 5 minutes ago. lol. Little cutie. She did bite my nostril to let me know like two seconds before she peed, so there's that. lol

2 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

hehe, accents/dialects are fun things.

so back when i was in middle school and early high school, i went to an overnight camp.  one summer, two of the camps merged, and kids from new york came to my camp, which was in southeastern PA.  so i wanted to "try on something new" and attempted to affect a "British" accent for the summer.  at one of the first meals, i was sitting with a girl from Queens, who had a THICK accent. after some conversation, she tells me "you have a Philadelphia accent."  i'd never heard of a Philly accent, but i guess my fake Brit accent was a dud XD 

*I* still don't think i have a Philly accent, but maybe i do?

also - funny vid! XD

51 minutes ago, Lagie said:

This morning I looked up at the bright sunny windy sky, with rain forecast for 1 p.m. and I said to the bright sunny windy sky that rain was fine, but could it please please wait till 3:30 or later. The rain started at ... 3:45! XD

It's a shame we don't have a lottery here. :P

silly rain!  we didn't have any rain today. :D 

17 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I was peed on by a guinea pig like... 5 minutes ago. lol. Little cutie. She did bite my nostril to let me know like two seconds before she peed, so there's that. lol

i'm sorry, i LOL'd

9 hours ago, trystan said:
13 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Happy to help!

4 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

It is lovely and warm here today! :D Husband and I are planning to go on a date tonight and I am hoping wherever he picks is somewhere we can sit outside.

Also, my parents will be back in town soon! They are finishing up a 6 week vacation visiting my dad's side of the family in NZ and I have been doing various errands for them while they have been out of town. Very excited to see them!

It was warm here, but I slept all day lol Yay date night! My bestie is taking me to the zoo and dinner tomorrow and Ben is treating me to fancy dinner on Sunday (late birthday celebrations from both of them since I worked on my actual birthday)

4 hours ago, sleepymuggle said:

Also, @Lagie, I nearly died from laughter at this chicken.

Hide contents

That is GOLD I love it!

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Don't feel bad my rats pee on me all of the time, no warning or anything (it's getting better with time as they acclimate to me more, but it's still gross lol)

45 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:
10 hours ago, trystan said:
14 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Happy to help!

:D 

4 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

Oh my. It's been a second. 

hey there! *waves hi*