Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

dang !@#$%^& 2048 games (in a good way, though XD).  next up - get the 2048 snowball! (not tonight though)

Edited by trystan

I'm playing a new game on my Switch. It's actually really fun. lol. And it's Christmas still for another 7 minutes, so I'm free to do as I please. 

Happy Boxing Day, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Sunny and crisp today!

I'm going out for brunch.

i think my college daughter's favorite thing is her phone. and laptop. and ipad.  and switch. XD older daughter? maybe a source 4 stage light? XD 

@Lagie - a friend of mine told me that when the 26th is on a sunday, Boxing Day is actually the 27th.  is that: (a) true for everywhere that celebrates it, (b) true for just England, or (c) is he full of it?

Edited by trystan

Today's the actual Boxing Day, but because it's Sunday, tomorrow is the day off here! ;)

There's been a great deal of debate about this weekend, in fact.  Usually a Saturday holiday also rates a weekday off, which means we should have had a day off for the Saturday Christmas as well (we get Monday the 3rd off for Saturday the 1st...), but that's not happening so we've been gypped a day off. :P

ah, that sounds like some of the US holidays too!

boo for not getting a day off! i don't get anything for new years this year, because i'm at my retail job on the 31st and 1st. *sigh*

Aww, well, I hope the shifts go well!

I do get the days off but I'm working from vacation days for this weekend, and a backwards day for next weekend (as in, I should have Tuesday the 4th off, but I'm taking it on Friday the 31st).  The dogs get to enjoy my company! :P

ah, sounds better that way though... friday through monday.

my january schedule is weird - i'm sunday and saturday for the first week in january (jan 2 & 8 ), but then the second week i'm only sunday (jan 9).  i mean i requested off on saturday the 15th, so i wonder why i wasn't scheduled the 14th instead?  guess i'll find out the week after (16 to 22) - i'll bet i'm working sunday and saturday XD 

Did you guys have a nice relaxing day yesterday? I wish I did. Had to go see my parents and a family friend. lol Very busy. 

we saw my mother-inlaw, and had an early dinner and traded some gifts.  that's where i got the Jack squishmallow :) 

I relaxed with the dog.

I've just found show jumping (horses) on one of the too-many TV channels here.

there was a time when visiting my parents was stressful.  i think it got better when my older daughter was born though.  (but that's just me.)

Grandkids have a way of calming things down, it seems.

I finally found Food Network.

My parents aren't too bad, especially my mom. She's the best. Dad can be hit or miss depending on his mood. *shrugs*

*cuffs for toppage* ;)

https://dragcave.net/lineage/1AOkW

Yeah, some people are like that. My dad has mellowed as he's aged, but when I was younger, I never quite knew what to expect when I saw him (which wasn't often as we lived in different countries).

24 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Grandkids have a way of calming things down, it seems.

agreed.

yaay food network

My cousin sent a message today asking the name of the dog her mom had, her mom being the aunt who passed away this year, the one I had Sunday brunch with pretty much every Sunday for twenty years, until Covid put an abrupt stop to it.

So... the challenge for you CPA/DC people... what was the name of the dog? ;)

(Trust me. You know this!)

Edited by Lagie
Typo