SaltySenpai

ANSWERED:Hidden Dragon?

So I went to Egg Drop Soup for stats and it told me I had one hidden dragon but IDK which Dragon is hidden. How do I find it without looking at each dragon individually? I can't find a filter myself on my scroll. Help?

You can only hide eggs and unfrozen hatchlings. Use the sort setting "put eggs and unfrozen hatchlings on top" and look at the top of your scroll.

ETA: I did a quick sweep of your scroll and couldn't find any hidden dragons. (No puns, please!)

Edited by olympe

Or just use the filter drop-down at the top of your scroll. It has "eggs and unfrozen hatchlings" as an option.

I have and it only shows my growing eggs I just picked up :U

So my scroll says nothing is hidden but Egg drop said otherwise

29 minutes ago, SaltySenpai said:

I have and it only shows my growing eggs I just picked up :U

So my scroll says nothing is hidden but Egg drop said otherwise

Hmm. Did you recently trade something away? Egg Drop Soup doesn't remove dragons from rotation if they change scrolls (really, most fan-sites don't, it's just extra visible with Egg Drop Soup) and will continue to think that the code belongs to you until you reimport your scroll.

5 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Hmm. Did you recently trade something away? Egg Drop Soup doesn't remove dragons from rotation if they change scrolls (really, most fan-sites don't, it's just extra visible with Egg Drop Soup) and will continue to think that the code belongs to you until you reimport your scroll.

No, I haven't traded anything in a month or so, and away in MONTHS. I also am a bit naive and don't know what reimporting my scroll means, 😅 so maybe that will fix it?

1 minute ago, SaltySenpai said:

No, I haven't traded anything in a month or so, and away in MONTHS. I also am a bit naive and don't know what reimporting my scroll means, 😅 so maybe that will fix it?

^_^ There are two input fields you can put your scroll into - one has a button "Add me!" and one has a button "Manage me!". If you click "Manage me!", the site tells you what codes it remembers from your scroll (including ones you traded away, as mentioned). If you click "Add me!", the site deletes that information, reads what's currently on your scroll, and adds that to its database.

So yes, maybe putting in your scroll name beside the "Add me!" button and clicking that will help.

If not, I'm at a loss.

5 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

^_^ There are two input fields you can put your scroll into - one has a button "Add me!" and one has a button "Manage me!". If you click "Manage me!", the site tells you what codes it remembers from your scroll (including ones you traded away, as mentioned). If you click "Add me!", the site deletes that information, reads what's currently on your scroll, and adds that to its database.

So yes, maybe putting in your scroll name beside the "Add me!" button and clicking that will help.

If not, I'm at a loss.

So I tried it, and it said I still had one hidden(fogged). I'm screaming externally cause now I gotta go through them all cause I'm so confusion 💀

screm.PNG

3 minutes ago, SaltySenpai said:

So I tried it, and it said I still had one hidden(fogged). I'm screaming externally cause now I gotta go through them all cause I'm so confusion 💀

screm.PNG

Oh man, I'm sorry. I thought you meant it was showing a fogged dragon for you on the Index page!

The statistics are probably counting your Sinomorphs as "hidden", because Sinomorphs don't have stats, and it's misinterpreting that to mean "fogged". It's showing 4 for me - I've got four Sinomorphs. If I skimmed your scroll correctly, you have 1, which would fit the theory. :)

4 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Oh man, I'm sorry. I thought you meant it was showing a fogged dragon for you on the Index page!

The statistics are probably counting your Sinomorphs as "hidden", because Sinomorphs don't have stats, and it's misinterpreting that to mean "fogged". It's showing 4 for me - I've got four Sinomorphs. If I skimmed your scroll correctly, you have 1, which would fit the theory. :)

OHHH

That would make total sense. I was about to lose my mind and sift through all 960 dragons&eggs to find it but that makes sense. I would like to have this confirmed by a mod though since you seem to have a similar issue and it's quite curious. I bet there are many of us that have had this experience. 

I will now be naming my Sinomorph "problem child" because it be giving me too much stress 😂

Unfortunately, this isn't really something the Dragon Cave site mods can confirm, since it depends entirely on how Egg Drop Soup is coded. You'd have to ask hornpipe2, or report it in the Egg Drop Soup thread: 

:)

The site did struggle with Sinomorphs in other contexts before, though: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/64298-egg-drop-soup/?do=findComment&comment=9667462 and was fixed (next page, look for the post by hornpipe2). In the associated site update post, hornpipe2 suggests PMing him when you notice bugs instead of posting in the thread, so maybe try that!