darkladyselenity

How long did it take you to unlock the market?

Title says it all.

I was gone for six years, and the market didn't exist back then. Now that I'm back I'm trying to unlock all the eggs in the market.

How long did it take you? What was your method?

I've been stalking click sites and the trading hub, and literally clicking on everything. 

8 hours ago, darkladyselenity said:

What was your method?

Mass-clicking eggs in hatcheries. Silvi's and ValleySherwood, mostly.

Another option, if you have the adults, is to breed them (you can abandon them afterwards). The AP might also help (pickup & drop).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Another option, if you have the adults, is to breed them

Auto abandoned  eggs also count towards your eggs owned stat, so no waiting for a slot needed.

The Encyclopedia Helpers thread sometimes has rarish eggs available to be clicked. The Graveyard might also help when it's open?

I think I've been too active to notice any delay in unlocking; I usually get any newly released eggs unlocked 2 days after their release when they drop in AP, and most everything I have was already unlocked trying to get the Encyclopedia done.

I had a good number of encyclopedia entries completely unlocked before the Market was introduced, which was a bit of a relief after finding out the Market was tied to the encyclopedia that way. I used hatcheries, as others have said, those are especially good for newer breeds. I also had a list of actual user's scrolls that have a lot of dragons (a lot of frozen hatchlings, or a lot of zombies, etc), that was very helpful just to go through scrolls and click on everything. The scroll list I had was simply made from clicking forum-users signature links.

I too had the market be mostly unlocked right from the get-go, I think only the dinos were still locked for me by the time the market became a thing. Took me a decent while to unlock them, too. Maybe a week or two.