HellTabby

Question About Breed Limits

(Sorry if this is listed anywhere, but I couldn't find it which is why I'm asking)

I know that GoNs that are killed still count to the breed scroll limit, so do Holidays dragons as well? If you kill or abandon a holiday egg/hatchling/dragon, is it negated from your limit for that breed?

Well, I wouldn't know about killed ones, but abandoned dragons never count towards your limit.

However, the limits only apply to CB dragons, so unless you intend to kill your CBs, you'll be fine anyway.

As far as I know, killed ones count until the dead shell/tombstone goes away. So be careful!

The problem is that we don't know for sure if the dead ones actually get removed after the tombstone is gone - or do we? 

I used to have some expunged zombies that were still considered part of my scroll - they still appeared in custom sorts, and I could put them in a group, too. (They are no more, though.) And I also remember finding some (auto-)abandoned holiday eggs that died in the wall - and were still considered part of my scroll, probably because nobody ever picked them up. :( Overall, I'm not sure whether the mechanic has been changed so dead dragons are actually deleted from your scroll or whether it was just something TJ did manually. *shrugs* Either way, I tend to opt for "better safe than sorry" and not kill my limited CB holidays.

I Bit 2 CB Winter Magi eggs yesterday (one killed, one non-repulsed Vampire) and they don't count ever since. These were eggs but I'd take the risk of assuming killed holidays don't count. No idea about GoNs though. but at least when the tombstone is gone they should not count (no idea what happens if you bite it or, worse, zombify - I think if you zombify a GoN OR holiday, it does count to the limits, since undeads still sort by their former breed)

Edited by VixenDra
typo queen