HeatherMarie

Trading Hub- Separate 'Have' box, more characters in 'Want' box

Of course some people wouldn't use it 'properly', the same way some don't use the current 'want' box properly. But given how many people have *asked* for a separate have-box, in this and other threads, and the fact that many people deliberately do thing like 'H: .... W:....' which shows they at least understand to differentiate between haves and wants... And if there are clear instructions, I do think many/most people would adapt to using the different boxes. 

Currently there is one text-box with a general instruction: "Describe what you’re offering and/or help others understand what types of offers you are looking for."

If we get separate boxes for Wants and Haves, I think that could easily be changed, the Wants would show something like 'Use this box to help others understand what types of offers you are looking for' and the Haves box could be something like 'You can describe what you are offering here'. I don't think that's complicated and I do think many would understand and use them that way.

I would totally love to have a "Have" box and a "Want" box as I really think it would make trading much more comfortable as one wouldn't have to look up all lineages from everything. (Of course in the end one should better look up the lineage of a dragon one offers on anyway, but the "Have" box would at leave allow you to skip everything that doesn't match what you want beforehand.)

Complete support, the most annoying thing is trying to find people asking for stuff like "cb hatchlings" and instead seeing 6 trades that are "have cb hatchlings want cb gold." 

(Cb gold is just a random breed as an example.)

Also would be nice to be able to search through haves due to some breeds not being as easy to search for (aka color variants without different breed names.)

This thread still around? Could have sworn it was locked or something, maybe I'm thinking of a different one. (I wish there was another general Trade Hub feedback thread.) Anyway.

Please, for the love of GoN, make this an option already. I hate running out of space an having to try to abbreviate things. It's even worse with the people who try to cram in as much as humanly possible, like:

H: F ST x M B GS, W: M GS x F GW/CB ND/2G SA or group/[xx12345]

Spoiler

Translation for those who don't get all the trade hub abbreviations/DC lingo:

Have: Female Silver Tinsel x Male Blue ("Sapphire") Gemshard, Want: Male Gold Shimmer x Female Golden Wyvern/CB Neglected Dragon/2G Spriter's Alt or (something from a group that lists my wants) /xx12345

Edit: Oh, and I just realized from my own example that one common abbreviation can be used for two separate breeds, like "GS" being used for both "Gemshard" and "Gold Shimmer", further adding to the confusion.

Yes, that actually happens a lot, and my eyes just glaze over every time, because I have to really want what they're trading to even try to decipher all that. It's understandable, given what little space we have, but two separate boxes would really help.

Edited by Spiteful_Crow
(minor edit for clarification)

@Spiteful_Crow  That is a great example for why we need more space in that box, or at the very least separate have/want boxes. I've gotten accustomed to the abbreviations for the Prizes, but anything more and I just skip over the trade. I can't imagine being a newbie and coming across that in a trade, must seem like just plain gibberish.

This would be super useful, I tend to have many potential ‘wants’ and often confuse people I think. Then feel awful for declining bc its not quite what I asked for!

Side note- some ppl get huge text in their wants, how does this happen? Very odd.