Nagapie

ANSWERED:Remove chance of failure from Influence

Hi, I hope it's OK to bring this thread back. I just had a dragon gender wrong after influencing, and while it's one I bred myself  and I can easily breed another - it's such a disappointment. This is the second one in a few weeks.

I can't imagine what it must be like with dragons that are not easy (or AT ALL) replaceable :(  Please, remove the chance of failure on influence. It adds nothing to the game, it's already a challenge to build up a Pink army - why put in that random chance of disappointment and time loss (waiting who knows how many weeks until the next successful breeding)?

I support remove Influence chance. A low chance is also a chance. That is, I always feel the need to use Precognition to re-check after influence, after the first check to see if influence is needed. Sometimes I need to take the risk of wasting an Influence so as not to use precognition for the first check, but then again I will need to check if influence was successful. That's resource consuming to be honest. Most other BSA are stand-alone, so perhaps Influence can also be use alone?

Also, I doubt Aeon will be less valuable to the point of 'useless' since many will want to save Influence so they use Precognition first.

I precog first then influence as needed. Having influence fail (has happened rarely for me) would be really disappointing and I can see it could be devastating for those who breed more heavily and have been working on extensive lineages or those with rare/ultra rare dragons.

I still support the removal of the fail chance.

What frustrates me the most about it is the fact that you have to wait and see if the influence worked. Since I've got a very limited selection of Aeons, I'm not a fan of using up a precognition to check if the influence worked, if you're even able to do that. Most other BSAs will tell you when the ability was a success or fail, so even if there's disappointment abound with other BSAs, it doesn't feel as punishing as an Influence failing. That just sucks and it's a waste of time usually.

I rarely experience Influence failure, but of course it always happens at the worst time.

I'm going to close this thread because the failure chance on Influence hasn't even properly functioned for a long time now. I'll be making the 100% success rate official by updating the action text and help page to remove any implication that it's only a chance.

There only appears to be one linked dragon in this thread, but it looks like it was actually specifically influenced to be male (sorry @Fuzzbucket). I imagine other failure stories are similar.