Nyxgul

Sunrise and Sunset dragons

I loved the new update that showed the breed name of the dragon, but for sunset and sunrise dragons whenever I grab an egg it always says it's a sunrise dragon. Does this depend on the time you grab them? Or can it change to a sunset dragon if I hatch it after 6:00pm? (I'm aware of the times). Any help is appreciated!

I have two of those eggs in question, and they both say that they'll be sunrise dragons. So far, even grabbing some of these from the abandoned page never shows them as being sunset dragons.

I've heard people mention this before as being a glitch. What you might need to do is keep the eggs on your scroll and hatch them after 6:00 PM cave time so that it hatches as a Sunset. Then it will help you unlock the breed in the encyclopedia because you'll have some Sunsets on your scroll. :) Since the eggs don't become Sunrises or Sunsets until after they hatch, the breed isn't determined as an egg and they can still become either. 

The same applies to glory drakes if you haven't viewed/raised enough of them.

I'm pretty sure that the eggs always say Sunrise, whether or not you have both breeds unlocked in the encyclopedia and regardless of the time you pick them up. But whether they become Sunrise or Sunset dragons depends entirely on when you hatch them, which can be easily enough controlled by fogging until the appropriate hatching window comes along.

That's true of course - they can't say otherwise till they hatch, as it can change depending on the time and judicious fogging.

So what you need to do is view as many as poss, and depending on how they hatch, one or the other breed will count AFTER hatching happens. Like alt blacks - you have to find enough that WERE curled before they grew up and so on..

Actually now that I think of it I don't know HOW that one works....

Showing the breed name on the egg isn't new, it came with the encyclopedia.  You have to have viewed enough of a dragon to unlock it on the main page for it to show. 

The egg always says sunrise.  You can not get a "sunset" egg.  because it isn't determined until it hatchs. 

Day and Night Glories will say which they are depending on when the egg was created. 

Not sure what alt blacks have to do with anything. 

Alt blacks don't unlock till you have seen the right number of adults and hatchies. I am SURE from the way mine unlocked by studiously clicking every alt ADULT I could find that I didn't manage to hit enough alt EGGS.... Or indeed hatchlings. I (and several othes) spent a week or so hunting down alt adults, and in that way unlocked all the required images. I don't know how that worked - but it did.

And glories don't say which the eggs are until you have enough of their sprites unlocked.

Doesn't that make glories the same as everything else?  None of the names show until you unlock sprites?  and unlocking the alt blacks does not affect the name on the egg, it's still a black dragon.  Because alts are also determined on hatching.