Guillotine

ANSWERED:[SOLVED] Public Trade comment box not appearing

From descriptions elsewhere, it sounds like when you select the public trade option, a comment box should appear and let you input what you want in return. I do not have that happen, on either of the two browsers i use; instead, the public trade option is effectively identical to the standard trade option.

I know I'm not the only one this has happened to, since I saw it mentioned in the News thread.

tradeerror.png

Edited by Guillotine

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem, so I'll be following this thread! :) But one added thing - I noticed after having created the trade (I thought maybe a comment field would open up afterwards) that for my egg it now says "Wants: Caileh" As if I had put in my user name as what I want. Is it like that for you too?

Edited by Caileh

The field appearing requires Javascript, so if you have any addons or settings that would prevent scripts from running it won't appear.

6 hours ago, Caileh said:

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem, so I'll be following this thread! :) But one added thing - I noticed after having created the trade (I thought maybe a comment field would open up afterwards) that for my egg it now says "Wants: Caileh" As if I had put in my user name as what I want. Is it like that for you too?

It looks like something (do you use a password manager?) is seeing two fields and assuming "oh one of these is for a password, the other must be the username." There's not much I can do about that since those sorts of things typically bypass any signals that say "don't fill this in."

I have been having issues all week with the dropdown menus going unresponsive and the message box not appearing for trades.  I have to clear my cache, or sometimes that doesn't work and I have to delete all DC cookies, before stuff works again.  (I'm on Chrome)

1 minute ago, Cielmuir said:

I have been having issues all week with the dropdown menus going unresponsive and the message box not appearing for trades.  I have to clear my cache, or sometimes that doesn't work and I have to delete all DC cookies, before stuff works again.  (I'm on Chrome)

Do you have Javascript enabled? Or are there any addons that might be preventing it from running? 

I have the same problem (no option to put in "want" for public trade) when I use Internet Explorer and Edge.  Chrome is fine.

16 minutes ago, teresadurfin said:

I have the same problem (no option to put in "want" for public trade) when I use Internet Explorer and Edge.  Chrome is fine.

Since it works in Chrome, it sounds like there's something that's preventing Javascript from running when you use it in the other browsers. Can you double check that Javascript is enabled on those browsers? 

46 minutes ago, teresadurfin said:

I've fixed an issue with the page in IE/Edge. It should now be fine in those browsers.

4 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

I've fixed an issue with the page in IE/Edge. It should now be fine in those browsers.

You're fantastic!