Seaviper

Unable to send Valentines

When I was trying to send my third valentine, I got an error message saying “Your message had invalid characters that could not be saved.” The message I was trying to send was “Blue flowers are blue happy Valentines Day to you,” so nothing inappropriate or characters there that it shouldn’t be able to save. I tried logging back out and logging back in, logging out and closing out the page and logging back in, and logging in on another device. Nothing worked. I had sent two other valentines with no issues, how come my third one isn’t working?

EDIT: I just managed to send a valentine out without that error message, so I guess it fixed itself?

EDIT 2: I tried to send out another valentine and the error message popped back up.

49C9821B-06F4-40C2-B06B-357B734CC889.jpeg

Edited by JAK2002
Nevermind, problem back

I am also having trouble sending Valentines, but my problem is with the certain recievers name. I type it in as it appeared on the card they sent me, and the error message "Could not find anyone with that name." pops up. So far it has happened with two different people. So, same coding problem? (If it`s coding.....)

I've had that two or three times; sent to the same name again and it worked fine.

But sometimes I see that I accidentally copied the initial - that comes with a card, before the name.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

The valentines that I send out were marked off to be sent to a random person rather than specific, but yea it could be a similar issue

A space at the beginning, perhaps (off to test)..

No that wasn't it...

Tried all sorts of things that MIGHT trigger it - but nothing...

Top this - received for use of a comma:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='

:lol:

And I just got another. It seems to be fairly random; I had copied the message; pasted and it sent fine.... But why don't I get the "normal" message the OP got ?

Invalid characters basically mean anything unicode. An incoming update (a few minutes) will start highlighting exactly what part of your message is causing issues, but outside of that, check for things like "fancy quotes" in your message (especially if you've copied your text from a word processor).

18 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Invalid characters basically mean anything unicode. An incoming update (a few minutes) will start highlighting exactly what part of your message is causing issues, but outside of that, check for things like "fancy quotes" in your message (especially if you've copied your text from a word processor).

I thank you, but I think you broke something! XD 

13 minutes ago, Draconiusultamius said:

Apostrophes don’t work.   At all.

I've got about half a dozen cards that say otherwise...Are you running into issues?

Yeah, I’m on a phone right now.  Perhaps that’s the issue?

Edit: got on my computer.  Phone's the issue.

Edited by Draconiusultamius