Glitch: False "breed limit" message for Arsani

I have heard of scenarios like this -  which is why I won't bite holidays. I'm sure I have picked up vamps of holiday eggs though.

Dead adults unfortunately stay in the database and associated with your account, which is why killing a GoN is a really bad idea, too.

Dead eggs and unfrozen hatchies though should only count for 2 weeks (by which time the holiday week is over, but there is always next year, now).

I don't know about frozens.

Is this restricted to the Arsani breed only? Because I have had (stupidly when starting out) frozen CB holiday hatchlings before instead of using abandoned or bred eggs to get frozen hatchlings, specifically talking about the Rosebud dragon.

Naturally, in anticipation of the rerelease, I released the frozen CB hatchling into the wild, and was able to pick up another Rosebud. So if it's any consolation, even that the live CB dragon picked up on my scroll is running around in the wild instead of bitten by vamps or killed off the scroll entirely, I was able to have another CB. Perhaps it is only the Arsani.

The vamp vs zombie thing makes sense because once bitten a dragon is now breed-sorted as a vampire but a zombie still has some kind of trace of the original breed considering it sorts with its kind.

14 minutes ago, Redds said:

Is this restricted to the Arsani breed only? Because I have had (stupidly when starting out) frozen CB holiday hatchlings before instead of using abandoned or bred eggs to get frozen hatchlings, specifically talking about the Rosebud dragon.

Naturally, in anticipation of the rerelease, I released the frozen CB hatchling into the wild, and was able to pick up another Rosebud. So if it's any consolation, even that the live CB dragon picked up on my scroll is running around in the wild instead of bitten by vamps or killed off the scroll entirely, I was able to have another CB. Perhaps it is only the Arsani.

The vamp vs zombie thing makes sense because once bitten a dragon is now breed-sorted as a vampire but a zombie still has some kind of trace of the original breed considering it sorts with its kind.

Not Arsani only.  ALL limited breeds: so all Christmas and all Valentines and GONs.  Yes, frozens count too.

Zombies remain the breed they were before and will count.  Before the implication of the Soulpeace with Expunge this was warned about more wildly since zombies were permanent with no way to revoke their presence.  Much like dead adults now. (and possibly dead frozens, but not sure)  eggs/and non-frozen hatchlings for sure leave the system as their supposed to after 2 weeks.

As far as I'm aware, Vamps do NOT count and should not.  Though biting limited releases used to be a big thing (I don't know if it still is or not?)  but mostly because those that didn't do it, complained against those that did, because there was no way other than the date to prove what it used to be so why waste a CB that you will never get another chance at?

Releasing a frozen will open a space.  Expunging a Zombie will open up a space.  NOTHING can be done for a killed adult. 

8 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

NOTHING can be done for a killed adult. 

Even if the tombstone is gone off the scroll? Wouldn't it be fair to have the dead dragon show up on the limits list then, because otherwise there is literally no trace of said dead dragon stopping us from getting another CB.

Quoted from another thread where this came up:

The cave still identifies it as the breed and doesn't distinguish between dead and alive. I'm not sure about eggs. I think they do actually poof after the two weeks, but be very careful about killing adults. The site does not clear the data on dead dragons any more (thus you can still see a dead adult with its name under the tombstone in lineages) so for limited releases you will never be able to replace a killed dragon such as GoN

The only way to get rid of an "unwanted" holiday - like a frozen - and be able to replace it is by releasing. So be very careful.

2 hours ago, Redds said:

Even if the tombstone is gone off the scroll? Wouldn't it be fair to have the dead dragon show up on the limits list then, because otherwise there is literally no trace of said dead dragon stopping us from getting another CB.

As long as the Breed Limits page still lists it, it counts, sadly. And since dead adults don't get deleted from the database anymore, it'll stay.

This guy: https://dragcave.net/view/52IPf is already dead for over a year and still shows my name as his owner.

As for the OP's Arsani, they did say that the dead one shows up on the limits list: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/181682-glitch-false-breed-limit-message-for-arsani/?do=findComment&comment=9639767

Releasing a dragon removes any connection of this dragon with your scroll which is why they wouldn't count towards any limits.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

On 2/11/2018 at 4:05 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

Dead adults unfortunately stay in the database and associated with your account, which is why killing a GoN is a really bad idea, too.

Dead eggs and unfrozen hatchies though should only count for 2 weeks (by which time the holiday week is over, but there is always next year, now).

I don't know about frozens.

This was indeed the cause, but has since been fixed. Dead dragons that are beyond the "tombstone is hidden" threshold should no longer count towards breed limits for Holidays. Summon will probably be fixed sometime soon as well.

On 2/11/2018 at 11:07 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Killed or vamped/zombied ? I know though that if you kill a GoN, that's IT.

Vampires don't actually maintain their previous identity, though zombies do. The above fix should apply to zombies as well, though.

I haven't had this problem, but good to know it's been fixed!

Ah, thanks for the fix TJ, looks like those who accidentally(or deliberately) killed CB holidays can now pick up new ones?