Kavina2000

Egg Visibility

I think the idea has some merit. It will give the encyclopedia some additional value. (I assume that's what you mean with "registered" - that you got the encyclopedia entry with all sprites of the set visible?)

Not to mention that there are so many breeds in the cave by now that it's nearly impossible to memorize all the descriptions.

I don't think this is feasible for the same reason the whole 'mark AP eggs we've already picked up' is not feasible. Everyone sees the same biome pages. They aren't specific to the user. Therefore, it's extremely hard if not impossible to provide user customized content on those same pages. 

Don't get me wrong - if I am incorrect and this could be done, I'd be happy to have it. It would indeed be cool to be able to earn the ability to see what's in the biomes rather than always seeing the ? egg. But I tend to think it's not possible.

Edited by Lurhstaap

I reckon it's a nix - not least because of tan ridgies and red dorsals.

1 hour ago, Lurhstaap said:

I don't think this is feasible for the same reason the whole 'mark AP eggs we've already picked up' is not feasible. Everyone sees the same biome pages. They aren't specific to the user. Therefore, it's extremely hard if not impossible to provide user customized content on those same pages. 

Don't get me wrong - if I am incorrect and this could be done, I'd be happy to have it. It would indeed be cool to be able to earn the ability to see what's in the biomes rather than always seeing the ? egg. But I tend to think it's not possible.

While I don't really support this suggestion, I'd just like to point out that in regards to that AP suggestion, I don't think "everyone sees the same" is completely accurate or a reason it wouldn't be feasible. From what I understand it changed awhile ago, but it *used* to be that eggs you abandoned to the AP were not visible to you until they had been picked up and re-abandoned by someone else. So it seems the AP is indeed customizable in some sense.

They weren't visible ? i know you can't pick them up, but given the number I can't get because I have picked them up already... I don't ever remember them going invisible on me. I know you have two years on me, but still...

1 hour ago, Marie19R said:

While I don't really support this suggestion, I'd just like to point out that in regards to that AP suggestion, I don't think "everyone sees the same" is completely accurate or a reason it wouldn't be feasible. From what I understand it changed awhile ago, but it *used* to be that eggs you abandoned to the AP were not visible to you until they had been picked up and re-abandoned by someone else. So it seems the AP is indeed customizable in some sense.

Are you sure they were INVISIBLE? To my understanding, that is not the case. As far as I know - and this is always how it's been - you can see eggs you've already picked up, it just gives you that 'you can't find this egg' message if it's not been picked up and dropped by someone else yet.

Also, you may not have seen this, but the reason I say this isn't my own opinion; TJ himself posted that information in the suggestion thread for marking eggs in the AP. So that's another reason I think, politely, that you must be mistaken.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Hmm. It's possible I'm remembering wrong and you just couldn't pick them up, but I could've sworn I remember posts about not being able to see them. Huh.

It's entirely possible that people just didn't realize that certain eggs they clicked on and were told 'you can't find it' were in fact eggs they'd picked up before, and so had that impression. You can't tell unless you happened to have memorized the code of what you picked up AND happen to look at the code of what you just were told you couldn't find, after all.