The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2018 poll

What dragon should be collected in 2018?  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I may sit this year out if my faves don't end up being chosen, but it was fun and I'll probably check in every year to see what the breed chosen is and possibly donate a Holly!  Now that I have my own CB pair, it would be neat to be on the other, giving, side of the collect-for-Holly fun.  :)

It might be an idea as Hollys become more common to open up the contest to include rares. By which I mean ask people to commit to donate a certain breeding as a prize. 2nd gen from prizes, sprinters alts lineages, that sort of thing. People who are good with neglected could offer those and people good at catching could offer CBs. Run on the same principle with whomever raises the most of the chosen dragon getting first choice and so on.

This is such a fun contest it would be a pity to see it dwindle away to nothing.

I love the idea of a year-long contest, but with CB hollies now being common, I don't know how much of a drive there will be to win. (I know many people weren't able to get CB hollies this past year.) It would be great to open it up to other prizes and not just hollies. I would try really hard to win 1st place if the prize was a 2g prize. ;)

I can donate at least one 2g holly to the contest for this year, but likely won't really participate myself since I have a pair of CBs now and don't really need more lineaged hollies. (Which means one less serious competitor for you guys!)

Hey guys!

I'm still working on the new thread because I have a busy week and there's a few changes that need to be done. This post is just to announce that the dragon to collect will be deep seas. :)

Non-holly prizes are being considered, so we'll let you know. Please save all actual sign ups and donations until the new thread comes up. I'll try and have it up in the next two days, but I have a one week intesive class at uni this week and will be very busy, so we'll have to see how it goes. Sorry

Thanks everyone who has voted and expressed interest :)

Hm, given how my Olive naming scheme ended up being grape varietals, I might make this year a river naming scheme for the Deep Seas.

I would like to participate. A friend and I have a weird plan for our CB hollies, breeding a hollyXBlacktip checker. Any chance for an unrelated 2nd gen holly would be great!

i would like to participate.  have been waiting for the new thread and even searched holly contest 2018, but this is the only one that comes up.  

When's the new thread going up? Am I needed to help get that done? Hit me up if so!

I already have like 23 Deepseas lolz

Edited by Lurhstaap