olympe

Make eggs/hatchlings in teleports safe.

On 7/6/2018 at 3:22 AM, Azarkiel said:

but at that point "**** or get off the pot". 

Haha, I'm loving this and I wholeheartedly agree! It kind of became a personal pet peeve of mine to see the the same (sometimes multiple) trades of the same person bumped to the top all day long. There is only 20 spots in the trade view and that's too little anyways! I mean cool you guys want your ND or CB Gold, but like 99% of players can't give you that, stop spamming us with it, ffs! Give others a chance to have their things seen, too! 😂

Anyways, I'm rambling.

The problem I see here is what Starscream already described in detail and additionally and even somewhat more important, imho:

The already very limited trade view would be full of a bunch of valuable dragons that the traders actually have no intention of trading for, ever, essentially frustrating every other trader who offers their dragons and in return "locks" them out of further trades he could offer them on. Imagine you see that second gen shiny, that Spriters alt offspring, those CB metallics and offer your (maybe not AS valuabe  since that's all you can do) eggs, waiting for hours on each trade with hopes of it getting accepted by some freak chance, only for no one ever even bothering. People will just dump their stuff in there for the benefit of just unfogging around the 4 day mark for a free 3 day ward (and possibly just showing off and feeling great about their "betterthanyouness").

Anyways, $ 0.02: Fogging eggs during trades while still making their lineage visible sounds like a great idea! I'm not sure but I think that's what fogging did before and it's great. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

If it was possible to make it an option to show the lineage or not: It could also add some kind of "lottery game" to trading: Imagine four fogged things in the trade for a dummy egg with a chance of someone being very generous and gifting a shiny. I'd love to do this!

Another point: Don't automatically cancel trades once an egg hatches and also let us offer our eggs and hatchlings on multiple trades at once. Whoever accepts first gets it. Simple!

Edited by SturmFee

You've never been able to have a fogged egg in a teleport, as far as I know. But that could be the answer - allow the lineage view on a fogged egg/hatchie that is in a teleport (but NOT on other fogged stuff. Why I have things fogged n my scroll is MY business !)

It would be good if a trade held up through hatching, yes. And I do think perhaps allowing an egg to be stunned would leave the egg safe while in a teleport. I don't think it's OK to have views  just stop because of a teleport, though. That is open to abuse.

I would hate to see trading become ANY kind of lottery.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I would hate to see trading become ANY kind of lottery. 

Fuzzbucket, I'm not a native speaker and that came across the wrong way. I meant to make it an option to show a lineage or not during fog, like a little checkbox with "show lineage".

Trading per se should absolutely not become a lottery, and trading hidden things without verifying sounds terrible and is bound to be abused.

It would be a nice little game for those who want to take part. There's no obligation.

Edited by SturmFee

Chalk another point up on the troll's side.  They just forced me (by putting in various ER's) to fog a 3d 23h hatchling I had just finished updating trade posts on when I noticed it was getting more than the normal lookie lou views.  So now I am without a teleport for people to offer on and the trade threads I thought were nearly empty.  Guess the trolls are still there.  Yeah I'll stun the critter in the morning when I am around more to respond to offers (do those even happen with rare trades?).  But no point in stunning now when I am going to bed in a few hours.  Really, is this game for players or trolls?  Definitely is favoring the trolls.

23 hours ago, SturmFee said:

Fuzzbucket, I'm not a native speaker and that came across the wrong way. I meant to make it an option to show a lineage or not during fog, like a little checkbox with "show lineage".

Trading per se should absolutely not become a lottery, and trading hidden things without verifying sounds terrible and is bound to be abused.

It would be a nice little game for those who want to take part. There's no obligation.

I think this is making it too complicated. The simplest thing to do is allow for fogging of eggs/hatchlings in teleport while making the lineage page of all fogged things visible. If you want to keep the lineage of an egg secret, custom-sort it onto page 38 of your scroll or hide your scroll completely.