Cronamo

Happy Thanksgiving thread

Have a happy thanksgiving! -Bendy

Mod: Please use this thread as a way to discuss your plans for Thanksgiving or any yummy foods you plan on making/eating/what have you. :D Any particular Thanksgiving traditions you partake in? Or do you not, and why not? ♥ -Hazeh

Edited by hazeh
there's gotta be discussion in here somewhere!

Happy early (or late for Canada?) Thanksgiving! I'm really looking forward to it, I'm excited for all the food... 

13 hours ago, StormBirdRising said:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

Hey, we've still got like 4 days to go :D 

What are all of y'alls plans for Thanksgiving this year? Or reasons why you don't celebrate, if you don't? 

My girlfriend and I just bought a house and moved in this past weekend, and my parents are coming down from Northern California (I'm in Southern California now) with my siblings and their dogs to come stay with us. One of my moms is going to make us a giant Thanksgiving meal on Friday, so we technically get 2 Thanksgivings (one at my girlfriend's parent's house on the actual day). I'm gonna be more stuffed than the turkey this year!

Well, as I'm living in Germany we don't celebrate Thanksgiving.

But I hope everyone who does so, will have a fantastic day^^

Going to be bringing my introverted (on the high functioning side of the spectrum) boyfriend to my Mom AND my Dad's Thanksgiving parties. I'm wondering how he's gonna handle it. He's not one for parties. I'm gonna eat sooo much green bean casserole ugh I can already taste it!

Happy (early) Thanksgiving everyone!

This year my mom and I have been invited to a friend's house for Thanksgiving, which is really nice... For a long time we'd go to an old friend's house every Thanksgiving, but that friend no longer speaks to us (stupid reasons) so we've been on our own for holidays for the past 2 years. Last year we went out to eat at a buffet on Thanksgiving. This year it will be nice to be among friends. Oh, and my work is having a small potluck thing on Wednesday, I volunteered to bring the (store-bought) dessert. Work gatherings are always really fun, as long as it's just our little department and not the whole company, so I'm looking forward to that.

Every year my dad, mom, and I go to my grandma and grandpa's house on Thanksgiving day. It's not exactly that great because my dad's family (the side we spend thanksgiving with) has a lot of different views from us and those views always manage to come up on thanksgiving. Also, my dads family has an inexplicable dislike for relatives that aren't blood relatives, so they're really passive aggressive toward my mom. :(

And as much as I'm looking forward to the food, the food at my grandma's Thanksgiving always manages to be made... just really weird. I know it sounds picky but the food is never that good because it's made with weird recipes that stray too far from the original for me... 

So yeah, its not that fun, especially because all we do is eat and then talk for hours, and I never actually get to talk because I'm too quiet compared to everyone else. :unsure:

Luckily, a few days after thanksgiving, my parents and I have a thanksgiving at home with all the Good, traditional Thanksgiving food my mom makes. That's the Thanksgiving dinner I really look forward to. ^_^

If anything crazy happens this year I'll make sure to post about it after Thanksgiving! :P 

This is a little late, but belated Thanksgiving wishes to all!

My immediate family used to cook a meal, or when I was younger our extended family would host a large meal (inevitably the uncle and in-laws would then watch football), but this year its just my husband and I, no kids. So we made reservations at a fancy restaurant that was doing a four-course Thanksgiving special. Altogether there was a vegetable & cheese plate, kale salad, turkey, mashed potatoes, broccoli, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. I sometimes miss the family gatherings of old, but it was an excellent dinner and nice to have some quiet time with the husband.

Hope everyone else got a chance to relax, too :)

Kinda late, but Happy Thanksgiving everyone! This is the first year I've traveled for Thanksgiving (as an adult) because I no longer live in the same state as my family. We flew home, stayed with my in-laws, and had dinner with my family on Thanksgiving day. We also got to spend some time with friends. It was a nice visit and we ate a lot of awesome food (including some fast food that we can't get in our new home state :lol: ) !

I'm thankful for this awesome turkey picture I got earlier this month. Seeing a bird this size take flight is amazing! It looks like it shouldn't be possible.

el7QhgTl.jpg

Happy thanksgiving! Plans have been sprung on me last minute- we're going to my grandma's tomorrow. XD I hope there's good food! 

Happy (late) Thanksgiving everyone! 

My mom and I were invited to the same friend's house as last year, so it was a pretty good day. Good food. And I got to play with their dog (and paid way more attention to him then any of the humans, lol). 

Happy Thanksgiving!

My husband and father-in-law and I went out to a fancy restaurant that was doing a Thanksgiving buffet. My husband has decided he doesn't want to cook holiday meals anymore - so, I do Christmas, and on Thanskgiving we go out lol. It was a nice afternoon =) with yummy food, and afterwards we visited some touristy places in the area, even though we live here lol.