kickthepeejay

Costume Shenanigans

I was playing with layering and combinations, and I discovered that the lollipop you give your hatchling can be two different colors! You need the red wizard robes and any other color to make it work, but other than that it's simple.

1) Equip any color wizard scarf. I chose black, because the yellow is an bigger contrast than the other colors, and it's less muddy.

2) Equip the red scarf.

3) Make sure the red layer is above the other scarf, or it won't show. The red color should be in the center of the lollipop.

59f1da4cef8a7_Screenshot2017-10-26at8_44.15AM-Edited.png.0d213af8561ca33d42eb6d7e7a8d8d34.png

And now you have a more unique costume!

59f1dc1a40cf2_Screenshot2017-10-26at8_57_57AM-Edited.png.24d4b248a03ae7fe1ad6925719d56bb6.png

10 hours ago, kickthepeejay said:

I was playing with layering and combinations, and I discovered that the lollipop you give your hatchling can be two different colors! You need the red wizard robes and any other color to make it work, but other than that it's simple.

I thought it was a wand.... The one that equips when you put on the wizard scarf, right?

Unrelated, when I was on my husband's computer I couldn't see a difference in the robes, but I just realized the different robes have slightly different tones of black, depending on House colors!  Super cool.  I'm loving this event so far!

20 minutes ago, sylviamaris said:

I thought it was a wand.... The one that equips when you put on the wizard scarf, right?

Unrelated, when I was on my husband's computer I couldn't see a difference in the robes, but I just realized the different robes have slightly different tones of black, depending on House colors!  Super cool.  I'm loving this event so far!

hmm, I guess wands would make more sense.. I just assumed candy because of the "we're collecting lollipops" thing, but you're probably right. :D

I think it's a wand too. And it looks like whichever scarf you have on top has a different colour wand. It was really nice of you to share this though :)

The light at the tip of the wand is transparent. So when I put on red scarf and then yellow scarf, it's yellow light with orange tone at the edges. It may not be easy to spot the difference, unless I remove the bottom scarf and the light suddenly become pure yellow. I can see this with all color variations.

On 27/10/2017 at 8:53 PM, Anemonis said:

The light at the tip of the wand is transparent. So when I put on red scarf and then yellow scarf, it's yellow light with orange tone at the edges. It may not be easy to spot the difference, unless I remove the bottom scarf and the light suddenly become pure yellow. I can see this with all color variations.

This doesn't really make sense because when I have the black scarf over the red scarf, I can't see the light from the red at all even though it's definitely wider than the wand with the black scarf. You can see it disappear when you put the black scarf on over the top

Edit: okay I zoomed in as much as I could and I can see it now, but it's not noticable at all for me when it's zoomed out, and I definitely want the hufflepuff scarf on top anyway. lol

Edit #2: What theme are you using? Maybe it's less noticable for me because I have the default one? 

Edited by AppleMango

I have default skin, too. I'm using laptop.

On 27. 10. 2017 at 11:53 AM, Anemonis said:

(...) I can see this with all color variations.

At the second I'm removing the bottom scarf. Some hues are very similar, it's hard to spot the difference, but when removing - I can see it changing.