Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

You know. Wind. Rain. Snow. Ice. Thunderstorms. 

The Inspectors have to climb up the shore tanks so that they can take samples of the product from the top (as well as the bottom and mid levels). They're about 20m in height. 

Also how are you on boats? Big and little?

I have only seen snow once in my life, but I like wind and rain and thunderstorms (except when I'm in the shower).

Wow that's big, i'd probably freak out, but how much money we looking at?

Haven't been on many boats, I remember one where I was fine and one where I hurled up the contents of my stomach to the point that I couldn't hurl anything up anymore.

Speaking of height

Spoiler

Seen this?

You'd need to be down with cold weather because in the winter months you'll be climbing things covered in snow and ice. Very slippy. And in the summer if it gets very hot some of the tanks wobble a bit. It's safe enough but we've had to let a few people go because they get light headed and wobble a bit themselves. 

A strong stomach is also needed because the sea round here can be pretty rough. We don't normally send Inspectors out if it gets too bad but now and again you could get trapped on a vessel when a storm comes out of nowhere.

I'm not sure about money. You'd need training and there are a lot of variables, like your skill set and if you're on days or shifts. Maybe start on about £15-18k a year?

Oh and do you have any allergies? 

15k. k = 1000.

So £15,000 a year. 

Dunno what that is in Australian monies. 

I don't even know what average is per year :P

And I knew but I was joking cause the K was only behind the 18 :D

If you would work for £15 a year they'd hire you on the spot.

You'd spend that on petrol money within two days XD

In the UK I think minimum wage is about £7.38 an hour. So if you worked days (9-5) it would be about £15380 a year.

So your job is minimum wage?

Or are you saying 15 an hour would be 15380 a year?

I was making hot chocolate and my mum called out that she thought that cat should be put out, as I was busy I said "Well put her out"

I finish making my hot chocolate walk down the hall and spot the cat sitting outside the toilet and lo and behold... she's urinated on the mat in the toilet... dammit mum.

That job sounds very stressful, Fortune. Aren't you glad to be a desk jockey instead? :P I read 'variables' as rabies...

That's painful, about the money stuff, MP. I hope you are able to find a job soon.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

My little one made it through the whole night without screaming for food or messing up her crate.

Nah I get paid more than that MP.  £15 an hour would be £31200 a year. You'd need to be able to do maths too o3o

Rabies is a minor risk too Lagie. Lots of wild animals around here and they aren't all friendly. 

*hugs a Lagie*

*hugs a Fortune*

Well, if I make it that way next year, will you show me your rabid unfriendly animals? :P

I need to get a job that pays like yours...

Mine isn't a bad wage. Shame about all the taxes and bills and stuff T-T One of the reasons I want to move is to lower the mortgage. 

I can't remember, if you incubate an egg do you still have to wait 24 hours to hatchery site or can you do so right away?

Still wait 24 hours, incubated or not.

Our VAT went up last month and I am really noticing the difference.

Especially when your pay does not also go up. And I have had big gaps in my house sitting this year which means less overall income.

Ah well. The sun is shining, the cute puppy is asleep, and the toast is tasty.

You thought I was eating puppies? :O

That sounds more like something you would do. :P

Is that your puppy you are not eating, Lagie? I;ve missed a couple days worth of posts and don't wanna go back and read them all.

She is a foster pup. I have one more night with her at my place.

Glad to hear it, Fortune!

*hugs*

How goes the day?