MataSchmata

Someone's been hatching all my eggs for me

edit: by "don't want help" I mean i'm not asking for help with this thread, not that I don't want the person hatching my eggs for me. I'm ecstatic that someone's doing my work for me, lmao

So... This isn't really a complaint or anything, I'm totally fine having someone hatch my eggs for me, it's just sorta weird? and I don't want help, just to discuss, and I thought it would be interesting to share.

So basically I do this thing where I go to the biome of a dragon I want to get and I click one egg slot, refresh, and repeat until i'm egglocked. Using that I've gotten a lot of rare CB dragons.

But also I can only ever do it 4 hours, and within 4 hours I forget so usually it's once every few days I do it. The weird thing is lately I've been coming back to my eggs that I plan to abandon being hatched and with a bunch of views, like they were put on a click site.

And it's not like my database is somehow getting stuck on click sites, cause if it was, the eggs would be getting sick. But whoever's been putting me on the click sites has been doing it systematically, waiting a day before pumping the eggs with views and clicks to ensure they don't get sick.

It's really not anything bad, I love not having to go through all the click sites to put my eggs on them, but I just don't really understand why they're doing this since it has no benefit to them. And I never really interact with anyone on Dragcave, so it's not anyone that I know doing it.

Discuss?

p.s this is my scroll user/MataSchmata The 4-5 hatchlings were eggs that I did not place on a click site myself.

~Scroll spam Removed~

Edited by _Z_

You have the scroll notice set to say that you are accepting aid, which means users are probably helping you by adding your eggs to hatch does when they get low enough. If you truly don't want help, you can change your notice to indicate otherwise.

If you end up with a lot of eggs that are on the rare side, people probably follow the links of the ones they miss to find your scroll. I'm glad they're deciding to help you instead of being petty about it!

But yeah change your settings to say you don't want help.

sometimes i come across scrolls that have a bunch of er eggs with no views and if their pages says that they're accepting help i put the eggs in some clicksites so that they hatch instead of dying.

it helps with the ratios and plus they dont have to deal with dead eggs. i dont remember the scroll names of the people who i help out. if you were one of them and you didnt want help then im sorry.

If you end up with a lot of eggs that are on the rare side, people probably follow the links of the ones they miss to find your scroll. I'm glad they're deciding to help you instead of being petty about it!

But yeah change your settings to say you don't want help.

But still keep an eye on them; people do often ignore that message as you only see it when you click on the egg. There have been requests to indicate on the main scroll page whether or not we accept aid, as most people don't bother to check an egg page to see, but it hasn't happened.

Actually I thought there was a suggestion thread about this but I can't find it. I might start one.

ETA I did !

Edited by fuzzbucket

aah I may have made an error with my wording. When I said "I don't want help" i actually meant to say "I'm not asking for help" in reference to the thread. I totally welcome anyone willing to help and put my eggs on click sites, I was just trying to further elaborate that I'm not posting this thread as a complaint, but just as something interesting to share.

Ah, I see. Well, people will do this, as you can see here!

But Fuzz is right, try to keep an eye on your eggs even if you don't mind the help. You never know when someone decides to be mean and viewbomb them instead if you get something especially shiny.

Not real sure what the purpose of this topic is? From what I have read, some one is posting your eggs, you have your scroll set to accept aid, you don't mind the help.

My question is, have you posted this topic to get more help or what? Please exsplain the discussion you wish to have.