BatCheva

Precognition: How useful will it be?

I've enough Pinks to not need Precognition for eggs but it will be quite useful since I enjoy picking up hatchies from the AP.

Out of curiosity does any one know if this 'sets' the gender? I.e if I precog an egg as MALE, then influence it FEMALE, does the egg remain male, or have I in fact influenced it to be (probably) female? I know I could then re-precog to find out, but I do not have enough Aeons at the minute to test the theory.

Out of curiosity does any one know if this 'sets' the gender? I.e if I precog an egg as MALE, then influence it FEMALE, does the egg remain male, or have I in fact influenced it to be (probably) female? I know I could then re-precog to find out, but I do not have enough Aeons at the minute to test the theory.

Yes, it's possible to influence after prerecog.

The precog text when you do the action on an egg actually outright says that the gender may still be influenced.

user posted image

(Aaaand I definitely need to influence that egg, lol.)

Out of curiosity, I did influence female then precog again.

user posted image

(Good, just what it needs for its lineage!)

EDIT to add: interesting that the influence sentence disappears! Nice.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Influence CAN fail, but here's the kicker: if you influence THEN use PreCog, it will tell you if said influence failed.

If you use it on the egg after influence.... then if it failed you can bounce the egg to someone else and try again! smile.gif

At least that's what I intend to do. I haven't confirmed yet that if you use influence - Precog - bounce egg - that you can re-Precog, but seeing as how I was able to use Precog, then use Influence, then Precog again.... I think you can.

Basically, I'll be using PreCog on anything important to double check genders before they hatch. And for any ungendered Trade hatchie (provide a screen cap of the PreCog's message).

Cheers!

C4.

This is exactly how I'm going to use Precog, and I expect it to be stupidly useful. It basically eliminates Influence fails.

fwiw I think Influence-precog will be more useful than pure precog, because if precog shows the wrong gender you'll still have to influence and precog again. That means 50% of the time you're burning a second precog unnecessarily, and 50% of the time you're saving an influence. I'd rather just use the influ and save the precog. (Granted, my Pink army is about 10x the size of my Aeon army atm.)

I suppose you can find out ND gender /after/ it turns instead of having to wait for it to gender so it still saves time and gives bigger window for trading, combined with stun. Although I see no correlation between breed and gender, so it shouldn't likely matter either way. One of the ND enthusiasts will have to take this up and report back to community what happens.

Precog should give the gender post-turn just fine. You can't properly control NDs for m/f anyway so precog only tells you what the gender will be, it doesn't give you a chance to change it via bouncing like you can with other eggs.

The question of whether gender sticks through turn is very interesting, though. I'll have to look into that.

Edit: after considering a little, I present the hypothesis that gender sticks through turns IFF influence wasn't used. Experimenters will understand, anyone else who's curious can PM me for elaboration. I still have to test this, obviously.

Edit 2: what happens when a normal, uninfluenced egg is teleported back and forth? Can it switch genders after being transferred? I'd like to test this but I need a partner to make it work.

Edit 2: what happens when a normal, uninfluenced egg is teleported back and forth? Can it switch genders after being transferred? I'd like to test this but I need a partner to make it work.

All right, this is important enough to get its own post. Dusky and I tested this with a random AP egg.

Precog (me): male

Teleported to Dusky

Precog (Dusky): male

Teleported to me

Teleported to Dusky

Now here's where it gets interesting. Dusky Influenced it female and sent it back.

Precog (me): male.

It looks like eggs keep a consistent gender across teleports. It also looks like Influence wearing off just reverts the egg to its "base"/default gender rather than rerolling a gender. It would be cool if someone else (or a lot of somebody elses) ran this test too - there's a 50% chance the Influence test ended up wrong and a 12.5% chance the Precog-Teleport test ended up wrong. Dusky and I are both out of Precogs for now so we can't test further.

Thank you for this discovery, Dusky! =) Shucks, precognition would have been useful for neglected dragons. As AGYK mentioned, I think that the next thing we ought to try is applying precognition to a regular egg, turning it, and seeing if the gender as seen by precognition remains true or it the gender changes with the change of the breed. I suppose that we would need to run several experiments as well to see if the result will always be the same.

Edited by Natevaelle

All right, this is important enough to get its own post. Dusky and I tested this with a random AP egg.

Teleported to Dusky

Precog (Dusky): male

Teleported to me

Teleported to Dusky

Now here's where it gets interesting. Dusky Influenced it female and sent it back.

It looks like eggs keep a consistent gender across teleports. It also looks like Influence wearing off just reverts the egg to its "base"/default gender rather than rerolling a gender. It would be cool if someone else (or a lot of somebody elses) ran this test too - there's a 50% chance the Influence test ended up wrong and a 12.5% chance the Precog-Teleport test ended up wrong. Dusky and I are both out of Precogs for now so we can't test further.

I'd like to do an additional test.

Someone willing to work with me? I have 3 unused Aeons.

Influence CAN fail, but here's the kicker: if you influence THEN use PreCog, it will tell you if said influence failed.

If you use it on the egg after influence.... then if it failed you can bounce the egg to someone else and try again! smile.gif

I have a ton of pinks, but sometimes I do get really busy with real life stuff...

A third BSA should be created, something that allows to re-influence an egg in the same scroll until you get or see the gender you want via Precognition.

If you precog an egg after influencing it and are really unlucky to get the wrong gender sometimes you're too busy with real life to transfer back and forth until you're 100% certain.

EDIT to add: interesting that the influence sentence disappears! Nice.

I'm just guessing that only applies to the scroll in question.

I'm just guessing that only applies to the scroll in question.

It only applies to my scroll or it only applies to the scroll that did the influencing?

It only applies to my scroll or it only applies to the scroll that did the influencing?

To the scroll that did the influencing, yes.

I'm guessing that because if you transfer an egg it could be influenced again, so when the new owner influence it the influencing sentence will disappear on that scroll. But what about if you receive it back?

To the scroll that did the influencing, yes.

I'm guessing that because if you transfer an egg it could be influenced again, so when the new owner influence it the influencing sentence will disappear on that scroll. But what about if you receive it back?

Since teleport erases influence, I would guess the sentence shows up again on any scroll that has not done influence on it/influence has been erased off of.