Felixr2

On The Hunt - OOC

How do individuals get their powers, upon birth or through some sort of ritual ? Also can 2 people from different tribes 'merge' their powers ?*not to a great effect*, It would be interesting to experiment with !

Look at the use of those powers as if it were like playing a music instrument or doing a certain sport; you can get pretty far by just practicing, but to become one of the best you need to have talent as well. Basically you're born to be using powers of your own tribe, and how good you'll get at it is decided at birth. You can practice and use powers of other tribes to a certain extent, but it takes long to get skilled and even then it's way more exhausting than using the powers of your own tribe. You can't use powers of the tribe of the opposite element (water - fire, sky - earth, light - darkness). Members of the tribe of life are able to learn powers from any tribe, but they generally won't get an opportunity to do so, leave alone how little of them actually feel the urge to. Corruption does not affect how people can develop their powers, unless applied at a very young age, in which case you will grow your powers as if you were born to your original tribe AND the dark tribe. If you're born to parents of two different but not opposite tribes, you will be able to easily use powers of both tribes, but you won't be exceptionally powerful in either of them. You also won't be able to learn how to use powers from the opposites of both of those elements. If your parents are from opposite tribes, it is possible to be able to use the powers of both of those elements and life, but you won't be able to learn powers from any of the other tribes.

Powers cannot be "merged", but once used physics and chemistry will apply to them, e.g. if a Tribe of Water and a Tribe of Fire member would ever happen to legitimately work together, they could heat the water to create damp/steam, depending on the heat of the flame. If you want to merge powers, that's the way to go.

Edited by Felixr2

I'm still in this, btw! I've just been busy, and haven't had time to type ~certain things~ up for you and Dodz. Trying to catch up on RPs today.

Ack! Sorry, but I'm not going to keep up with this RP. I've taken on too many RPs already, even tho I reserved a spot for this and I don't want to bite off more then I can chew. Sorry Felix sad.gif

It probably has to do with something that it took a while for people to notice that I kept going to other RPs to play :/ so, once again I'm sorry

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

About how quickly should Yomiel be finding these words? Over the span of time or as he's fiddling around in the Dark ruins?

As he's fiddling about in the ruins, but it's still twelve words of which some aren't too related to eachother in a void, so it may take some time. Then there's the part about actually getting there that's going to cover a larger amount of time, but will probably move in a faster pace considering the amount of time passing per post.