Felixr2

On The Hunt - OOC

@DodzAdham @Sugar-Free This is perfect! laugh.gif Just an idea to take into consideration: Luke convinced -insert name here- to come along with him, leading -insert name here- to a group of Wild Hunt affiliated Tribe of Darkness members who then corrupted -insert name here-, turning him into a Wild Hunt affiliate as well.

Also, (something I've already accepted on MyWhiteKnight's sheets, but just for clarity's sake mentioning it again here) I have decided that the powers listed to be used in groups CAN be used by a single person, if that person is very powerful. However, this does have a chance of failure, no matter how powerful said character is. (unless it's a guardian, of course, but those are NPC's and they aren't even found yet in the start...). For a reliable (and often also more powerful) effect, you will need to use those powers in a group.

@Felix

I was sitting here considering that. I was thinking my chara could easily summon and use vine-powers, but would struggle with ents by himself (are the ents sentient? You think some would side with their summoner, while some would turn away helping??)

@Dodz

I'll be finished with it soon enough. Then, I'll have the other posted prolly later tonight. I've been run ragged all day since I got up and I've only recently gotten to sit down xd.png

@Felix

I was sitting here considering that. I was thinking my chara could easily summon and use vine-powers, but would struggle with ents by himself (are the ents sentient? You think some would side with their summoner, while some would turn away helping??)

The ents are sentient, yes, but their minds are a lot less complicated than a human's. They usually fight to protect the forest where the Tribe of Life resides, although they are very easy to corrupt. If someone summons an ent with intents that don't have to do with the forest, and isn't capable of corrupting them, the ent would just walk off to enroot somewhere and become a regular tree. If the ent is summoned with the intent of harming the forest, and doesn't get corrupted, it would actually attack it's summoner.

One other question for you, Felix: does the Wild Hunt take up residence away from the other Tribes? Like, do they have their own base of operations? And do the Legacy/Hunts keep away from each other, as well?

((Double-post for obvious reasons))

Name: Yamenha Lusos

Appearance: Yamenha is a tall, slim-built man, standing at 6’2”. He wears ornate robes, form-fitting in the chest and arms, and hanging loose at his hip, and are colored a silver-cream. It is lined with pearl buttons and braids about the creases of the arms and down the collar. He wears an emerald-green waistwrap that trails down the front of his legs. The robe trains back about a foot, and is embroidered with pale green vines and golden leaves. He wears simple cotton breeches and sandals underneath. He wears a foliage-themed pin in his pale-gold locks, which hang just below his shoulder and curl. His eyes are peridot-green, and seem to be veined like sunlit leaves with two tiny pinpricks of black.

He keeps his pale skin clean and orderly, and is especially fussy about his nails.

Tribe: Life Tribe

Alliance: Wild Hunt

Personality: Yamenha is a thoroughly curious person. He greatly loves the flora surrounding the Tribe of Life’s territory, and refers to each species as his “children”. He loves the thrill of travel, and is delighted by the prospect of interacting with new plants he finds in foreign lands. Many of the flowers surrounding the Tribe’s land are direct transplantations or re-bred cousins acclimated to the climate.

He is open and gentle to his fellow Tribesmen. To most, he is a delicate wisp of a man, engrossed in his love for plants and quick to uphold the ideals of his friends and family. Yamenha often gifts presents from his personal greenhouse to those who are down on their luck or have had a loved one pass. For this, his sway over the public opinion is hardy, which acts as a boon for his position as heir-apparent to the Tribeleader.

Despite his angelic looks, there is another side to his goodly nature. Where no one can see, Yamenha hides a seal at the base at his spine proclaiming his allegiance to the Wild Hunt. He is thoroughly jaded with the mindset of his people, and finds it frustrating that his lack of omniscient power prevents him from swaying them into action. He hates that Life tribesman seem to be made lax and merry in the shade of indifference, and strives to free them from their slothful existence. He has secretly met with one of the Wild Huntsmen, and has personal plans to force Life and the other Tribes out of stagnation with the power reclaimed from the destruction of the Guardians. He carefully manages the delicate balance of his official duties with those of the Wild Hunt, often "going out on excursions" and excusing himself shortly before the end of celebration.

He has a very tenuous relationship with his distant brother (due to a past experience that changed their lives forever), and refuses to claim him. He actively seeks the destruction of his “lesser half”, and scorns him for his attachment to his Guardian.

Skills: He is revered for his skill in horticulture and preoccupancy with cross-breeding, being the forefather of weather- and insect-resistant crops and flowers. Due to this, he has an adept knowledge of floromancy, and can summon vines and other plants to defend himself with at will with ease. He likes the ents, but dislikes what autonomy they can show.

Other: His motto is “In pain, we thrive. In comfort, we wither.”

Edited by Sugar-Free

At first glance I found it somewhat odd that you seemingly decided to remove the history section, but then I read it and saw the history was in the personality; that's fine. He's accepted!

Oh, and your question. Yes, they take up different residence. The Tribe of Water settles near seas, oceans, rivers, lakes... basically significant bodies of water, generally wooden houses, although some have houses made of brick. The Tribe of Earth resides at the edge of a mountain range, in buildings made of limestone. The Tribe of the Skies, as mentioned before pretty often, is nomadic and goes where the leader thinks is the best place to go, never really settling in a certain place. Obviously, they don't have houses. The Tribe of Fire resides in an area with lots of volcanic activity, houses of rock and obsidian. The Tribe of Life resides in a forest, covering a small part of it with a fascinating construction of vines ranging from massive to very tiny, forming a natural village with six layers. The "houses" are made of twigs and leaves, and form a living part of the system. The Tribe of Light lives on a mountain with a flat top, in a city where basically everyone lives in a temple instead of a house. The Tribe of Darkness... any ideas for that? xd.png I'm running blank right now.

Edited by Felixr2

Yay!~ I'll have my other chara, Yamenha's brother, up later today (hopefully sooner rather than later, if I don't have to go back into town.)

That's weird, though. I guess when I copied over the sheet into a doc, I must've somehow deleted the history bumper :s

Edited my previous post in hopes that you wouldn't have checked up yet... posting again to draw your attention.

As for the Wild Hunt... I'd say they reside in underground caverns.

Edited my previous post in hopes that you wouldn't have checked up yet... posting again to draw your attention.

As for the Wild Hunt... I'd say they reside in underground caverns.

I see it now. Thanks for telling me!

Dark? I wonder, really. An idea is that they may have a base set up in a ruined town/city, and their members come and go through the other Tribe areas, possibly stealing, philandering around and doing their dirty work. Maybe they set up around a ruined area with a physical representation of Nekronas underneath? Perhaps it was that, since Nekronas was ill-favored, the city could have been destroyed, and the Tribe of Darkness may have either driven out the offenders to regather, or came back after nearly being wiped out and tried to repopulate. Considering their nature, I assume they aren't very organized, in terms of a typical government?

I see it now. Thanks for telling me!

Dark? I wonder, really. An idea is that they may have a base set up in a ruined town/city, and their members come and go through the other Tribe areas, possibly stealing, philandering around and doing their dirty work. Maybe they set up around a ruined area with a physical representation of Nekronas underneath? Perhaps it was that, since Nekronas was ill-favored, the city could have been destroyed, and the Tribe of Darkness may have either driven out the offenders to regather, or came back after nearly being wiped out and tried to repopulate. Considering their nature, I assume they aren't very organized, in terms of a typical government?

That... actually works pretty well... And as I said before, their government is like "whoever has shown able to kill the leader becomes the new leader". As for when the leader dies naturally... they don't have rules for that. Basically one of the more powerful members will claim the title of leader by killing any that dare to oppose him...

The tribe of water has an oligarchy where the rules basically is: "the more wealthy a tradesman, the greater his influence".

The tribe of fire... suggestions?

The tribe of earth, although big, is set in lots of smaller cities very close to eachother. Every city has an identical democracy where everyone involved in the decision that's in the city at the moment of voting, gets to vote. There are no people whose votes weigh more than others'. For most decisions a majority of the votes is enough, although for some very important ones there is the possibility of needing a 1/2nd or very rarely a 2/3rd majority.

The tribe of light has more of an actual monarchy. The oldest son of the leader becomes the next one, when the leader has only daughters, the oldest daughter will be married out to a person chosen by her father. This person will then become the next leader, and the line will be carried on the same way from that point on.

I already explained how those of Life and the Skies work. :3

IMO Dark tribe shouldn't have a leader, more like an organization of highly ranked criminals.. However Luke will not partake in any of it as he just sees governments as a chain holding him down, breaking rules is what he does best anyway :3

EDIT: I just saw your character sheet Sugar and my best idea would be a planned assassination of the tribe's leader or getting your character really close, to result in the end with the taking down of the government, think of it as Luke filling your head with glories of being leader and all the power you could have while all he really cares about is having a source on the inside.

Edited by DodzAdham

Fire, to switch things up, could be lead by a council that decides what's best for their people. Judging by their personalities, their hot-headedness could be due to plaintive political dissonance. Perhaps a lot of them take for granted the relative peace they experience in light of being controlled by board members. Maybe Tribe of Fire was once anarchist? Just some ideas por tu~

IMO Dark tribe shouldn't have a leader, more like an organization of highly ranked criminals.. However Luke will not partake in any of it as he just sees governments as a chain holding him down, breaking rules is what he does best anyway :3

EDIT: I just saw your character sheet Sugar and my best idea would be a planned assassination of the tribe's leader or getting your character really close, to result in the end with the taking down of the government, think of it as Luke filling your head with glories of being leader and all the power you could have while all he really cares about is having a source on the inside.

That's what I was thinking~ Using Yamenha as a tool whilst giving him the means to excuse himself away from the Tribe of Light. Maybe Luke could help cover for him? Help him get instated in the Wild Hunt? (I bet they'd be surprised to know passive-arse Life Tribe would have a defector)

There could be more crossing-over points with the two, with Yamenha helping Luke get a path to the Life Leader (who is his father, remember), while Luke gives him intel on his brother in Dark Tribe. (Again, he'll be up here soon enough)

Yep ! That's cool by me, but in the end it all relies on how far Yamenha is willing to go.. I can't wait to start this biggrin.gif

Yep ! That's cool by me, but in the end it all relies on how far Yamenha is willing to go.. I can't wait to start this biggrin.gif

Hmmhmmhmm~We shall see, hopefully. *IS EXCITED*

I really like the ideas here! ^^ I'll think about them and probably get some more stuff worked out later today.

Hey I PM'd you something related to my character, But i think you may have missed it

Me or Felix?

No, I got it, I just didn't have time to look at it until now. I like the idea, and it's your character so you can do with it whatever you want. (as long as it makes sense)

Didn't have much time to work on stuff today, neither will I have tomorrow. I'll be able to answer questions, but only occasionally. That will be about all I can do until Thursday.

Felix, will you have time to add Yamenha to the chara inventory?

EDIT: Also, do you have set images for the Guardian? I keep imagining Nekronas as an anthropomorphic skull-headed raven-goat. Which is...prolly not what you have in mind ; w;

Edited by Sugar-Free

((Double-posting for more obvious reasons.))

Name: Yomiel Lusos

Appearance:Yomiel is tall and relatively built, with a slim figure hidden under his relaxed garnments. He wears a raven-black alb that is split on the sides to the hip, embroidered in gossamer-grey with a cross-stitch at the apex of the slits. The sleeves are cut at the biceps and hang, which shows the loose pure-black longsleeves of his undershirt. The cuffs have a delicate wisp pattern in the same grey as the embroidery. He wears a slouched grey-blue sash at his hip. His legs are covered by grey silk pants which cinch at the ankles, and he wears a pair of black leather sandals on his feet.

On his left hand, he wears a worn silver ring on his thumb. It has five weathered sets in it, with two missing.

His hair is slightly curled and waist-length, black with a raven sheen to it. His eyes are unnaturally pale-yellow, like moonlight. He seems very particular about his roots.

Tribe: Dark

Alliance: Dark Legacy

Personality: Yomiel can be a troubling personality. He is rather withdrawn, and is slow to speak to those who are unknown to him. While not entirely unkindly, he can be reserved to the point of rudeness, and harbors no love for prose. He expects brevity and conciseness from his fellow tribe members in return for his own. He takes time to listen instead of talking, and often excuses himself from conversations to think through his considerations.

He is far more passionate and relatable to his beloved pack of Spirit Panthers, which take up residence in the deep ruins of the Tribe of Darkness. He has developed a deep sense of intrigue from their interactions with each other, as well as their elusive nature. He considers them a vital part of his existence, often conversing with them in a lost tongue known only to the few remnant tablets of the old Tribe of Darkness. He can often be found wandering through the surrounding marsh, whittling on poplar hunks with his 5 “Disciples” shepherding him.

History: He is entirely devoted to his Guardian Nekronas and often sees himself as the only truly pious member of its following. He seeks out further information about Nekronas’s connection to the land before it was sealed away as well as attempting to communicate with it through the Lost Tongue. His obsession with guarding Nekronas has made him distant from his tribesmen, even those who seek to protect it. As to why he has formed such a dedication is unknown.

Yomiel hides a depraved secret, one that he is determined to keep locked away from himself and others. Because of this, he has developed his manipulation powers to work as a suppressant, using it on himself to cause pinpoint amnesia, so that he would never remember what he had done that has caused him such shame and pain. He refuses to use his broad-spectrum mind-control powers on anyone. The only remnant of his past is the silver ring he wears, though the meaning of the five gemstones (as well as the origin of the ring itself) has been long lost to him. His personal frustrations with his identity and his memories stem from phantom pangs of regret and anger.

Skills: Pinpoint amnesia. Yomiel also has superior cloaking skills with mist and fog, and can hide himself and another in it. His knowledge of shadow elementals is acceptable, at best, preferring to call upon his pack for assistance.

Other: Yomiel collects wooden statuettes, most often making his own to resemble Spirit Panthers and Nekronas. He has an obsession with the number “5”.

Edited by Sugar-Free

I'll add Yameha to the approved section as soon as I have time. I also don't have time to read that sheet right now, nor do I have time to work out accurate descriptions for the guardians' appearances. (I can't draw rip)

I'll probably do all of this Thursday night (CEST).

Yomiel is accepted!

Please no more dark tribe members for now, we have plenty of those. RoD is still allowed to make one because they reserved a spot. I'm going to work on a Tribe of Earth and a Tribe of Fire chara and then we should be fine to start - if both of these tribes get a character before I'm done with the sheets we can start earlier.

All of the guardians are about 3 ~ 4 times as tall as a human, and they all are fairly humanoid. They have the same powers as the tribe of the same element.

Pescon has a fish-like skin covered in bluish-gray scales. There are gills on his throat, although he does have lungs as well. He doesn't have nails, but instead his fingers and toes end in a more triangle-like shape. Between the fingers and toes are webs, like those seen in the claws of most waterbirds. He doesn't really have lips and his teeth are rather thin and sharp. He was said to be locked away with his trident in the abyssal depths, guarded by the horrors of the seas. -Coming soon in an addition to the "animals of Arkonia" section-

Gairra is easily the heaviest and slowest of all the Guardians, but he makes up for this by being very tough and durable. He has a rock hard dark brown skin with actual gray and black rock coming out at some points, mainly centering at his shoulders, elbows, hips, knees, heels, and spine. The top of his head is completely covered by this rock as well. He was said to be locked away with his axe underneath one of the biggest mountains of Arkonia.

Aerus is the exact polar opposite of Gairra, being very fast and light-weighted, but also very fragile and way better off avoiding a hit than taking one. He has grey-feathered angelic wings that he can use to fly and is very skilled at maneuvring in the air. His skin is covered in the same grey feathers as his wings, and his legs end in claws like those of an eagle. He was said to be locked away with his bow in a place so high that nobody but Aerus and Arkos himself could ever reach it.

Pyrone has a deep black obsidian plate skin, with a faint red glow coming from the space between the plates. His inside is pure magma. The top of his head is covered in gold, and his eyes are intense as the brightest fire ever seen. He was said to be locked away with his hammer deep inside a volcano.

Sylvite easily has the most elusive appearance of the seven guardians, being covered in mist, yet giving off a faint green glow that creates a very natural aura. Her skin has a vital shade of green and her hair most closely ressembles living vines. With her dress of leaves, that fits closely to her legs and drops down to about her left knee and right ankle, she is the only of the guardians to wear clothing. Her torso is fully covered as well, but her arms are completely bared. Sylvite is also an exception in that she is a lot smaller than the other guardians, being only about 3 metres (9 ft.) tall. She can make up for this by covering herself in roots, becoming a system that's even bigger than Gairra. This uprooted form is stuck to the ground and can't move, but it does have claws to slash with and a mouth to bite. She was said to be locked away inside a huge tree, still having a bit passive influence as the voice of the forest. This would've been Arkos' reward for her good behavior and the fact she didn't resist when getting sealed away.

Solun is said to be a very ornate living armor, and that might not be the worst description of what she looks like. She's made out of very shiny plates of pure gold with a lioness-like helmet as head. The gauntlets are claw-shaped and her inside is said to be pure light. She was said to be locked away with her spear in the brightest light of Arkonia.

Nekronas is an antropomorphic skull-headed raven goat most closely a humanoid panther with bones pointing out at a lot of points. His skin and fur are very damaged, making him look like he could collapse into pieces at any time. This assumption, however, is one you should never make, as he is stronger than what he looks like, and extremely relentless. He was said to be locked away with his scythe in a place where nobody would ever search for him.

Edited by Felixr2