AroaraAngelwolf

Wings of Change ooc

Daughter of a high noble? Sure! I'm very sorry I didn't see you post until now! Phantom nightmares.... hmmm... I love the phantom idea, they guard graves and such...

Daughter of the king's advisor or accountant? Would you like that esko? It had indeed been a long time old friend!

Daughter of the king's advisor sounds pretty sweet. I'll get to work on the sheets (I've been dared to stay up until 3 in the morning, plenty of time on my hands)

Working on some sheets now! I was just wondering, what kind of languages do they speak? Is there an equivalent to Latin or such that would be seen as a sign of education?

I'm heading to bed here soon so I won't see them until morning. (I take pills for sleep, they are kinda strong)

They all speak the same language, but with different accents (ground, think more southern/ western/ Boston/ Australian/ Irish or Scottish, thick accents. Sky's have a posh British or French sound to them.) An education would be in the language of runes. Priests and priestess are trained in this language, an equivalent to ancient Norse or Greek.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Username: Narvix

Name: Nadia Aurore Sartre

Ground or Sky: Sky

Class/occupation: Upper Class | Librarian

Dark Wing supporter: No

Appearance: Nadia is tall, standing around 5’10” with long brown hair that falls in thick waves below the small of her back. Her posture is straight but she always manages to make herself look comfortable and at ease. With hazel eyes, Nadia has a delicate appearance to her features but a sharpness in her gaze.

[image credit to Nao Ikeda, Final Fantasy character designer.]

Personality: Nadia is very full of herself. Narcissistic to a large fault, she doesn’t show much care about things beyond how beautiful she is that day or the basic well-being of friends and families. She’s prim and proper, with very low tolerance for ‘savagery’ or ‘barbarians’. If you aren’t an intellect, Nadia won’t have anything to do with you.

Wing appearance: With a twenty-foot wingspan, Nadia has butterfly wings that match the patterning of a Large Blue.

History: Nadia’s parents had high expectations for her, difficult standards in her schooling and behavior for her to meet. Education was simple enough but Nadia’s personality just didn’t cut it. Born to a wealthy family who had a reputation as the city’s business gurus, Nadia’s narcissism and love of books didn’t really make a good match. Fortunately, her younger sister was able to take up the role of kingpin in the business, leaving Nadia free to run her own library. She’s managed to fill it with only the best and rarest books in existence.

Skills: Extensive factoid knowledge, calligraphy, story writing, appraising objects (especially books), mathematician

War or peace: Doesn’t care so long as she doesn’t get dirty and can keep her library.

Username: Narvix

Name: Janine Dembélé

Ground or Sky: Ground

Class/occupation: Working Class | Baker

Dark Wing supporter: No

Appearance: Quite small for her age, Janine isn’t taller than 5’2” with a frail build. Flour usually covers random patches of exposed skin on her face and forearms, if not her clothes. Her hair is consistently in an untidy bun, the dirty blonde locks lacking any luster due to the ever-present layer of flour. With tanned skin, green eyes, and round facial features, Janine has the stature of a man with a column torso and long limbs.

Personality: Janine has very low self-esteem and lacks confidence, especially when it comes to her appearance and fitting in. She doesn’t speak very loud, rather meekly instead, and easily folds under any pressure. Baking is her source of stress relief, her escape.

Wing appearance: She has transparent dragonfly wings that span almost eighteen feet in length.

History: Janine was born Joseph but, at the age of eleven, didn’t feel right with being a boy. When she identified that she felt more comfortable as a girl, she tried hard to get others to see that as well. However, it was a struggle and her parents weren’t thrilled with the idea. Bullies popped up everywhere and Janine was attacked, verbally or physically, from almost every side. She found two friends who saw her as she was and became her protectors of a sort, giving her a sanctuary when her home no longer was one. Her education was ended prematurely as the school’s environment was not safe anymore. She picked up baking at thirteen and has been baking ever since.

Skills: Baking, reading people, empathy

War or peace: Peace

Username:

Esko_the_Wolf

Name:

Violari von Haspburg

Female

Ground or Sky:

Sky

Class/occupation:

Noble

Dark Wing supporter:

Who?

Appearance:

Violari is rather short, standing at about 5'3" without any tall shoes or fancy hairstyling. The dress she is wearing is one of the many dresses she owns, and one of the least gaudy of them all. She often wears jewelry and little ribbons in her blond hair that reaches just past her shoulders. (She looks a bit older than the image above)

Personality:

The rich girl is rather vain, always worrying about her appearance and how clean her feathers are. She goes so far as to have a specially formulated conditioner for her wings to make them shiny and full and soft, and she does the same for her hair and her body soap, using "exotic" ingredients (considering that they don't have the chemicals that we do). She often tries silly beauty treatments, like moonbathing. Anything to be beautiful. She is lazy and is not used to the idea of doing work herself, growing up privileged all her life, with servants to do everything for her. She looks like she has a kind heart -and to a degree she does- but she's mostly focused on her looks. She enjoys attracting men and flirting with them, and she likes to sleep with them often behind her oblivious father's back. She is somewhat demanding.

Wing appearance:

Her feathered wings are rainbow colored and bright, about 17 feet from wingtip to wingtip.

History:

Her noble father, William von Haspburg, grew even more powerful and rich by becoming the Sky King's most trusted advisor. So, by the time she was born to his first wife, the family was living in a rich splendor, with one of the grandest houses in the entire kingdom. Violari always was given what she wanted, and she grew to be silly and sweet. She witnessed her father split from her mother and go through a series of wives, giving her many half siblings, to a grand total of fourteen- and still more coming. Having one of the most important jobs in the kingdom, her father is never really around, and all of her stepmothers would either be pregnant or enjoying a rich lifestyle. So, she would often have a bit too much freedom, and when she got older she would spend this time outside. She slowly grew rather lustful; nearly all men wanted to see her under the dress, so she let them. It was fun, since in her lavish lifestyle she wasn't required to have a job. Now, she has a mindset that her stunning figure could be used to sway men to her side.

Skills:

She. Cannot. Fight. Since the von Haspburg line has male heirs to learn all the important stuff, she was only taught academics.

War or peace:

Peace. War is too tiring to worry about.

Username:

Esko_the_Wolf

Name:

Derrick Rockbell

Male

Ground or Sky:

Ground

Class/occupation:

Working Class (Crystal Miner)

Dark Wing supporter:

Nah. He needs to focus on his job.

Appearance:

{Base picture. Dude on the left}

Derrick is tall, standing at 5'9, with soft brown eyes and a few scars from past mining injuries. His clothes are generally mucky, dusty and nearing threadbare due to not being able to afford new garments. But due to the heavy labor required, he is rather toned and strong.

Personality:

Derrick is not one to give in. Once he sets his eye on a goal he keeps on course until he achieves whatever he needed/wanted to. He firmly believes that hard work gets you places in life, even if you're not in the best of situations. He's loyal to his friends and does his best to ensure the safety of his fellow group of miners; knowing that they have wives and families they need to care for, he takes it upon himself to help them return home. He has a varying sense of humor, from dry to dark to downright punny. He does his best to be a likeable person, and he's quite the hopeless romantic.

Wing appearance:

His wings are of a muted coloration, the reason why he's even a Groundling; grey draconic wings with a black membrane.

History:

All the Rockbells that were alive when he was growing up were crystal miners, working in the deep caves and risking their lives to produce the rocks that fueled many flames. A serious injury or death in the unpredictable environment was not rare, and most miners grew used to the losses. This only motivated Derrick to help prevent deaths later on; if he didn't feel pain, someone else surely would. Heroic? Not really. Safety is always a virtue, and taking precautions would also protect his own hide.

Skills:

He is able to pick up a degree of heavy things and move them, and he is able to glide fast. However, he has never had much experience with actual combat.

War or peace:

Peace. War would require more supplies, which would require more crystals, which would require more workers that could be harmed.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Username: Felixr2

Name: Lara Aumbrine

Ground or Sky: Sky

Class/occupation: Double spy.

Dark Wing supporter: Yes and no. She helps them, but she also helps the king.

Appearance: Usually wears whatever is the typical clothing style of the place she is. She stands at 1.55 metres with brown hair down to a bit under her shoulders and dark grey eyes.

Personality: If you want any information, she'll get it for you. Against a price, of course.

Wing appearance: Although she does have to stick to the swallow-like shape and 16 ft. wingspan of her wings, she can change the color, pattern and texture of the feathers to appear like she's home to... any place she wants really. In the sky cities she usually goes with white and silver lines, while on the ground she usually gows with slightly ragged feathers with a dull brown color. (yes, her wings are like the skin of a cuttlefish, just a little less impressive)

History: She was born with very weird wings - and they didn't look pretty either - so everyone wanted to keep their distance in public. However, her "charming" personality made people want to meet with her privately. She used this to get information out of them to work herself higher up the social ladder, and soon she realised there were others who would definitely offer something in return for that information... it wasn't long before the Sky King and Lilith Dreersung both started to see her as one of the best spies around; they know nothing of her passing through their information to the other side as well though, with different clothing, wings and make-up she perfectly fools the other spies, and the ones that do find out she pays to keep their mouths shut, or orders dead by an assassin before they can tell anyone.

Skills: I think it's pretty clear already.

War or peace: War. Peace doesn't pay her bills.

Edited by Felixr2

okay! Narvix both are accepted (keep in mind everyone will get involved somewhere along the line)

Esko, I like violari, she's accepted, she can be a worshipper of Daja. but there is no coal on this planet. Think about it, coal smoke is bad for our sky, and these guys spend half their lives in the air. They do burn special crystals that last longer than wood and a rare crystal tree burns hotter than coal that the steam trains, blacksmiths and tempels use. And the wings being ripped apart, is not acceptable. If you are born a groundling, the sky people don't care for you at all. The only way your wings would be injured by the sky people is if you are banished.

When banished you are basically tortured your wings mutilated to the point of uselessness. This to the avians are a fate worse than death. He'd be able to take to the sky without worrying.

Felix she's accepted

I'll explain more on the trees and crystals in a bit

okay! Narvix both are accepted (keep in mind everyone will get involved somewhere along the line)

Esko, I like violari, she's accepted, she can be a worshipper of Daja. but there is no coal on this planet. Think about it, coal smoke is bad for our sky, and these guys spend half their lives in the air. They do burn special crystals that last longer than wood and a rare crystal tree burns hotter than coal that the steam trains, blacksmiths and tempels use.  And the wings being ripped apart, is not acceptable. If you are born a groundling, the sky people don't care for you at all. The only way your wings would be injured by the sky people is if you are banished.

When banished you are basically tortured your wings mutilated to the point of uselessness. This to the avians are a fate worse than death.  He'd be able to take to the sky without worrying.

Felix she's accepted

I'll explain more on the trees and crystals in a bit

I see, makes sense. I will fix the errors.

I'll add him when he's fixed then! Currently adding characters.

The crystals themselves are called crystal logs or stumps. They are large crystals that are easy to find, but they are heavy and dangerous to get.

Now please give me a moment to add the new characters to the main post (and a couple of new curses I came up with last night)

So Nat is covered in dust/ash from those crystals? I feel like he's the one that's going to use those crystals the most at least, from all characters we currently have, that is. I mean, he's constantly experimenting with them for the sake of finding the most efficient way to use the energy produced by them in his avian transport airship. (I'm assuming the term "human" isn't used in this world, or is it?)

And I guess, if your wings get mutilated to the point of uselesness when you get banished, that Flint just managed to escape before that happpened, and of course fled to live as a Groundling so he would keep his wings. It would make sense if he changed his name while doing that, so let's say the sky people used to know him as Lucius Falc.

Edited by Felixr2

Username: tardograd2

Name: coni

Ground or Sky: ground, but a brilliant flyer

Class/occupation: messenger

Dark Wing supporter: doesn't know what they are

Appearance: short, brown hair, green eyes

Personality: shy, quiet, likes reading, doesn't have any friends, judges people by their personality

Wing appearance: 2 thin, woody, green wings. wingspan: 60m, total weight of wings: 4618141200.8ng

History: born to hawk moth skylings, she had her wing cut off and was sent to the ground

Skills: gliding, regrowing wings

War or peace: peace

I'm just gonna say that assuming short means 150 cm, your character has wings that are both respectively 40 times as big as her body. It seems to me that it'd be impossible to fly with such monstrosities of appendages.

And it's the same sheet Aroara has responded to before, saying it needs more detail. This doesn't have more detail.

- Sorry Aroara, not trying to do your job. Please forgive me. ._.

Edited by Felixr2

It would be, and the weight is throwing me off. (I do for feet and inches so I have to look for the conversion xd.png)

As I said before, too little information. Wings cut off? They don't grow back, ever. Once removed they are permanently gone. You are born with one pair that's it. Sorry tardo.

It's okay Felix! I was going to ask you to help me organize, you have the most characters and seem really interested in the rp xd.png

It can be rounded up to 4.6 grams. For wings with a span of 60m, this is completely impossible. The only equasion I know from the top of my head is 6 ft = 1.83 m, so this 60 m wingspan is more than 180 ft

If there's anything I can do for you regarding this RP, feel free to ask me. I'll be glad to help. laugh.gif

Currently looking to find a program to make a family tree for the gods to have that a bit clearer; not having any success in my search yet.

Edited by Felixr2

*whistles* 180 is definitely way to large. Forty is my limit, and the kings wings are around 6'11" tall with a 38' span. Forty foot is considered overly large.

Why thank you smile.gif I'll be sure to do so when I do!

I can draw one. Don't worry.

Alright. smile.gif Then I can now go do other things.

And I lied, kinda. I know another equasion for ft - m: 0 ft = 0 m.

While this does seem obvious, 0 degrees F < 0 degrees C (in fact 50 degrees F is chilly, while 50 degrees C is way beyond overheating), this difference matters a lot for equasions (makes them a bit complex >.<). But then again for distance the 0 point is kinda Obvious, as you can't really go any lower.

Looked up the exact equasion: 1ft = 0.3048 m.

Oh, and 1in = 2.54 cm.

And you probably already knew, but to be sure: 1cm = 0.01m

Edited by Felixr2

Gods of Avi

Himar- (He marr) god of the wind, sky, and king of the gods. Very prominent to the people of avi. (Basically the Zeus of avi)

Zerrtha- (Zee er the) goddess of the underworld, death,nightmare and fire. Know with the groundlings for her affiliation with the earth and the ashes of her burned sacrifices are used to make the earth fertile.

Tirdall- (Tire doll) God Of The Moon husband to Zerrtha.

Tolous- (too lous) God Of Blacksmiths, forge and engineers and knowledge.

Ahva- (Ah Va) Goddess Of The Sun, fertility, womanhood and marriage. wife to Himar queen of the gods

Wesana- (West anna) Goddess Of Night & Day, plants and protector against famine. Farming goddess. daughter of himar and Ahva wife to Tolous.

Laenar - (lay nar) God Of Sleep brother of wesana.

Ewna- Goddess Of The Military, victory and battle. sister to Zerrtha wife of Atmir

Atmir- (At-meer) God of War, strength and strategy. Husband to Ewna and brother to Himar.

Seena, Goddess Of Fortune, luck and wealth. Daughter of Enwa and Atmir

Afyja- (Af-ja)Goddess Of Magic, hope, healing, animals, and birth. A virgin goddess of the dawn, twin sister to dinja. Daughter of Wesana.

Dinja- goddess of love, lust, pleasure, male fertility. Huntress goddess of the stars and dusk. Daughter of tolous and Wesana.

Alous- god of seasons, harvest, health doctors, messengers, thieves and travelers. A Jack of all trades (think Hermes) son of Ewna and Himar.

Animals of avi

Most animals are similar to ours, only a handful are different from ours.

Saber tooth Sword wolves (aka sword wolf)- large wolf creatures with saber teeth that are black, jagged and wickedly sharp. They are mostly red meat, and their hides go for a hefty price. Their fangs can be used as swords and their skulls as shields. They live everywhere and their fur ranges from dessert sand color to a dark auburn, a rich brown or black, and in the mountains- white.

Dracon - very large snake like creatures that spit acid that erodes everything except for Dragon flame tempered glass. Their scales are large oval shaped plates and are as hard as a Dragon scale. (Even harder then that) they are used as shields although they are very heavy and as large as a man (5'6"). Dracons are found in the desert caves and are nocturnal creatures.

Cloud cat - small panther like creatures with bat like wings, as tall as a young boy and a large wingspan. They are tameable, rideable and mostly live and hunt in the sky, only landing to rest or when taking care of little ones. They are mostly found in caves and trees with black, white or a tan colored fur. Images here here and here

Shadow hound- resurrected dogs or wolves that fade from moving skeletons with a red painted spell on their skull to shadowy creatures with glowing eyes. They never eat nor sleep. They are only created by a zerrtha priest/ priestess. image and image (see Lilith for skeletal image)

dragons- these aren't big creatures. They are sometimes as big as a house cat or as large as a horse. They are mainly bred for their affinity for shiny things and are used to protect jewel mines, safes, homes and temples from thieves. They are easy to take care of and eat very little. They come in many colors and are quite tame to their masters. They breath fire or ice.

lunar phantom/ nightmare howlers- wolf or fox like creatures that haunt graveyards, battle fields, massacres or places where those who were killed was painful and traumatic. These beasts feast on the lingering effects of the pain and suffering of the land. One can see them from a distance with their emaciated look, red glowing eyes or their white glowing fur.

They look the same, but there's one thing that's different between the two: lunar phantoms are benevolent while nightmare howlers also haunt the wicked who caused others sufferings. Nightmare howlers can be herd by wicked souls who killed the innocent when they howl, for their calls sound like screams of the victims. These particular beasts have callers of thrones, chains, spikes, barbed wire or rope around their neck symbolizing the punishment for wicked souls. If one does enough wicked deeds in their lives, these creatures pull out the soul and drag them to Zerrtha herself for punishment. Lunar phantoms can be seen by everyone, where nightmare howlers can be seen by those who witnessed death. image

For those who have yet to see tjis

I'm guessing Tolous is basically a god of knowledge?

And what about a god of health/luck/fortune?

Um.... I'll have to think on that one, give me a moment.

Seena, Goddess Of Fortune, luck and wealth. Daughter of Enwa and Atmir

Fixed up Derrick's form. Crystal logs can be found in caves, right?

examples of Crystal logs

That seemed so much bigger. Anyway they are called crystal logs because they look like crystals but they are burnable. Crystal trees are actually trees growing up in a lighted cave and the seeds are surrounded by crystal and magic. These are very rare and are pruned to keep them growing. Their branches are very large and the leaves broad. The leaves act like coals and are often gathered for trains forges and temples in large quantities. If a tree bares fruit, it's fruit is edible and are often burnt for the gods. It is said that if a mortal eats the fruit they'll suffer the wrath of the gods.

Alous- god of seasons, harvest, health doctors, messengers, thieves and travelers. A Jack of all trades (think Hermes)

List of things there are no gods for yet:

- travel (you ninja'd this one in ninja.gif)

- livestock (or does this count as animals?)

- the seas

- mountains

- volcanos (although Zerrtha seems to cover that fairly well already)

- beauty (Dinja I guess?)

- time

- space

- thoughts/ideas

- truth

- ideals

- mental health (really just throwing in anything at this point)

And is it Ewna or Enwa? o.O

Edited by Felixr2

Livestock counts as animals and farming, covered in two goddesses.

Yes, beauty is Dinja.

Space is sky and stars moon and sun. Those are covered.

Time wouldn't need a god or goddess, Time is the primordial essence in which the gods where born of.

Ideas would be knowledge.

Truth and justice I have yet to find.

Volcanos is covered by Zarrtha, she's basically Hades and Persephone rolled together.

Ewna. I'm getting most of these from a name generator sight.

And what about mountains and the seas? And I guess cold/ice are coverend in winter which is covered in seasons? Although perhaps a god of the tundra and a god of the deserts would make sense? If those exist in this world, at least. As for the ones you did list (most of them, so that's nice), makes perfect sense to me.smile.gif

The gods are based on Greek and Roman and Norse gods. There's many that are main gods and thousands of minor gods. You want me to list every one of them? That'll kill my brain and others as well.

Yes forests mountains and desserts exist, so are oceans. Very little people travel by sea so I didn't see the reason to list that one. She'd be a minor one. Many are "blanket" gods. It's hard to list everything they stand for so I covered the major things. They things they are known for.