Lemniscate

Dreams OOC

Bleh, might as well make another post since I'm really badly ninja'd right now.

The museum's actually loosely based off the Liberty Science Center. The room Laloch and Mygon are in is basically just panels, probably like some explanation of bacteria or something. The panels change based on the person. You won't "spawn" in the same room as them though.

Oh, I think I see. Like, we're in the same room, but it's not the same room for both of us?

It's the same room, but you won't see the same panel info. The layout and everything else is exactly the same.

It's the same room, but you won't see the same panel info. The layout and everything else is exactly the same.

Ohhh, coolio! Thanks for the info~ If I get too eager with my description of what Laloch sees, just reel me in and I'll change it. Assumedly, information on her parents/the blue-haired lordling...?~

EDIT: Can't post till tomorrow. It's getting late on my side of the pond and I really...REALLY need to not put off sleeping.

Edited by Sugar-Free

Well I wasn't too sure what exactly she wanted to know, so I left it kinda ambiguous and open-ended. Laloch and Mygon get the special room, the original one in my dream. The challenges are actually slightly based on dreams I've had. I tend to have very fantasy adventure story-esque dreams. xd.png

Edit: That's fine. I gotta sleep too anyway.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Well I wasn't too sure what exactly she wanted to know, so I left it kinda ambiguous and open-ended. Laloch and Mygon get the special room, the original one in my dream. The challenges are actually slightly based on dreams I've had. I tend to have very fantasy adventure story-esque dreams. xd.png

Edit: That's fine. I gotta sleep too anyway.

I feel ya, mang. And getting my own ret will help me hopefully dream this scenario over so I can decide how to milk it for angst how to progress without being too overbearing.

I don't think Mygon's desire won't be helped even the slightest with anything written on a panel... ressurection spells wouldn't even help cuz Agh'Nahgal is completely dissolved by a wyvern... I think the panels for Mygon would have information on all the dangerous creatures that live in the forest he regularly visited - until he got locked up in some sort of multidimensional museum kind of thing.

Edited by Felixr2

I left the exact panel info up to you guys, but remember that as soon as you finish reading the panel you'll forget what it says.

Alright. I will just mention Mygon trying to read the slates over and over again but each time he forgets what they said when he's done. Then again, as you preferred Laloch posted first, I will wait for Sugar-Free to post her before I post Mygon. smile.gif

Now you see why I put Laloch and Mygon together, right? Aside from the fact that they were the first two to enter the door of course. I know school's starting up again and I might get busier, but the rest of you should hurry and join the fun! I promise I won't kill anyone... yet. I do have to warn you that I'll only post a door entering scene once two people enter the door, so if you enter way ahead of everyone else you might have to wait a while.

OOOH! OOOH! *jumps and wiggles in the air* I know what I'm posting next~

Not sure if it works for you, but the translator link doesn't work for me. As such, I have no idea what Laloch is saying. O.O

Carp! Lemme just go back and do the thing...

EDIT: Fixed'd it. I put not one, not two, but 3 HTTPS's D:

EDIT the second: Two words in there simply didn't translate. In order, they are "rely" and "stolen".

Edited by Sugar-Free

Thanks for carrying Mygon through this guys; I didn't have time to post for a while... I'll try to get a post out either today or tomorrow, or maybe Sunday.

Sorry for double posting, but I'm experiencing writer's block right now. I'll try to work on something in notepad as time goes by. Hopefully I can still get something up today.

EDIT: Got a post up! It's a short post, yes, but at least it's something. biggrin.gif

Edited by Felixr2

Hmmm...I'm kinda stuck now ; w;. I'm trying to figure a way around keeping Laloch from killing Mygon whilst not making her snapping out of the vision seem ham-fisted. I wonder if she'd be able to tell his arrows from the vision-arrows from before? Or maybe if the arrow hits her (perhaps while trying to deflect it again) then the shock would stir her out of it?

Well, now that I think about it, Mygon didn't aim at her. Maybe that's suspicious...

Edited by Sugar-Free

Well, if she paid close attention to the arrow from before and is still paying close attention now, it would have a slightly different "feeling" if you get what I mean. Mygon's free from the illusions now so he can try and convince Laloch, though I did add the aura to up the tension.

Also, if she thinks about it, the flash would have been a perfect opportunity for him to strike her. It's kind of odd that he didn't just try to kill her at that moment. Dunno how much analytical thinking Laloch does though.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Well, if she paid close attention to the arrow from before and is still paying close attention now, it would have a slightly different "feeling" if you get what I mean. Mygon's free from the illusions now so he can try and convince Laloch, though I did add the aura to up the tension.

Also, if she thinks about it, the flash would have been a perfect opportunity for him to strike her. It's kind of odd that he didn't just try to kill her at that moment. Dunno how much analytical thinking Laloch does though.

If she wasn't so torn up from the info on the table, she prolly wouldn't have been so quick to turn on Mygon. Since she knows he faced a wyvern (who are cousins to Manaketes, so to say, in her world), and she just saw the "hero" "kill" her in the last video, she's venting that malice and sadness onto him...unfairly. It doesn't help that she's almost unnecessarily frightened (yes, frightened) of Thunder magic.

And yes! You caught me <3 How I do so love the Fire Emblem universe. Laloch isn't part of a specific game, though; I made up some quick lore on the spot that would help explain her disposition, and used FE's lore and rules to flesh out and give boundaries to her strengths, weaknesses, and general overall feel. It's not like she's the third RP chara of mine out of seven that use FE as a basis for their backstory...*cough* (but the other two are actual characters of their respective games, so she's still an OC.)

I hope that's still okay~ I had most of the listed story in her profile premade for months now, but I hadn't settled on place names and all that jazz.

Also, slightly important sidenote I've failed to mention: Thunder magic is super effective against ALL dragons in-game, including Manaketes, wyvern/draco knights/lords/riders, and Dragon laguz. The only exceptions are humanoid/human half-breeds, including Branded and dragons without dragonstones. That's why she specifically takes offense to it.

EDIT: I'm fine with you popping in and giving guidance! You are the DM/GM, after all, and I kinda like this style of RP. Very DnD biggrin.gif

Edited by Sugar-Free

I LOVE how you're handling this RP. It's even better than I expected! (I now have to think of a way how Mygon would explain Laloch it's not real... xd.png Challenge accepted.)

Unless Rain comes to direct Damien, Silver could always expedite you into the room.

@Sugar-Free @Felixr2 Thank you! I've never actually played Dungeons and Dragons, though I think it sounds pretty cool. I'll leave you two to go back and forth for a while before I put another post in, likely only happening when Mygon runs out of time.

@Dusky_Flareon Well I suppose I can choose some random NPC who will then die so as not to have an odd number (though they might stay since I think Thaelesan is inactive). I'd prefer for actual players to go in though, as it adds interest. It's not as fun to RP when you already know all the twists that are going to happen to the character.

The maze does pair people in duos which will then find their group. Every group is set in a separate "instance" of the maze, so you'll never run into any other groups by accident.

I'm waiting for ES to respond to Damien talking to them.

Sorry. Responded. I think it got buried in all the posts between Sugar-Free and Silverphoenixx/Felixr2. Aand I had school, do pkenty of time for posts to pile up...

I'm very sorry.