Coryn02

In the Depths of Madness (OOC)

@TheUltimateMage How late (server-time) is evening where you live? Like, I'm 7 hours ahead of the sever time... Hey, sever time is CST, didn't bother looking at the time difference until now.

Reading through the posts involving Rinharl, I realised a common thing. Why does anyone who mentions him immediately come to the conclusion that he's a thief? He's been asleep all this while, and in the three posts he's been awake, he's given literally no indication that he's done anything illegal.

Edited by Riath

I have to agree with Riath on this one and pose the same question:

Although it's usually well-known as to what role each person has in a dungeon crawler and/or dungeon board game, the elusive element of hidden identity seems to be almost lost because most characters are sort of guessing what the true character of some people is without much of a trait to notice.

In Cana's instance, for example, the type of clothing and stature CAN lead one to think she is a dancer or performer of sorts, but not automatically make her one.

Thael's characters are also dressed in robes and speak of deities, so it's easy to establish them as religious folk - priests or acolytes, even.

But aside from the light features of grime visible on them and maybe a couple of the words they spoke, neither Riath nor zakku's characters should be easy to pick out with utmost certainty. This is especially more important with Rinharl, considering he is still a kleptomaniac and will not hesistate to steal, but will also not make himself known and seclude his usual equipment.

That being said, those are my two cents. People might have missed the direct remark when trying to finish their posts and that's fine. It's just that it should not be so easy to pick apart a thief from a normal person.

ASSUME EVERYONE IS EVIL UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE.

That's how tabletop RPGs worked, anyway. I have had a game before where we didn't know the roles of each other and had to guess. The thief was extremely noticeable, especially when he failed a roll when trying to stealthily steal from one of the other players.

@Riath You do have a point on that. While editing my post stating Mygon saw 4 daggers near your sleeping body, I also changed looking like he could and would rob everyone while still asleep to looking like some sort of criminal, possibly because of the halfshadow.

@Thaelasan I intended for Mygon to wake up when the door to the first room opens.

Edited by Felixr2

In regards to Sienna, I did say in the post "From what she could tell..." as to indicate that she's just speculating based on appearance, body language, mannerisms and various other similarities to what she's seen in her past. If need be, I can alter these speculations, it wouldn't be terribly difficult.

@Coryn02 It seems we have gotten all characters one page 2. Does this mean we're ready to head out to the first room?

She had scooted a little closely to Randal, feeling a sense of safety from his previous offer to her.

Don't you mean Rupert, Doctortear?

Randal is another one of Mage's characters from a different thread. I was posted for that thread not too soon after I did a post for this thread so that's probably where the mistake came from. I fixed the post.

I already mentioned this to Coryn, but I won't be able to do post Monday through Thursday of next week so head's up on that. Assume Cana is just following the rest of the group for that time.

Alright, Mygon won't have any trouble with that as for now he's unconcious and after all Cana has been pretty quite most of the time anyways.

In this particular scenario, the characters may choose to back away from or confront the oncoming monster within the fog that will reveal itself. But after sustaining enough damage, it will retreat and call for reinforcements, which are dozens of other monsters of similar strength and varying abilities. Essentially, too much to fight at once. This will hopefully spur the humans into evacuating the room, thereby forcing them into the first real monster fight of the roleplay. (Though if you want to get killed kamikaze style fighting them, that works too).

user posted image

This is what the monster looks like. And yeah, it shoots lazers :/

We now have a Chatzy client just for the roleplay! The password to get in is 'kevin the destroyer', minus the apostrophes and spaces. Looking forward to see you there!

Alternatively, if Chatzy's not your cup of tea, you can easily contact me on Skype as well.

I won't be able to reply for awhile. Something has come up and the soonest I can reply again will probably Friday. Hopefully I will be able to reply sooner, but I am uncertain.

So much waiting, it's like, ugh, and there's nothing for Mygon to react on after he's decided to back off from the fight so... yeah. More waiting. """yay"""

How are you guys liking my new avatar? wub.gif

It looks great!

I do have an announcement to make. Aside from the the hit in activity we took, my real life is now far more busy (we got a surprise puppy which I must now babysit regularly.

How many of you are still in?

*raises hand* I have been checking almost daily all the time. The last two days were exceptions because I was ill two days ago and therefore hadn't really thought of checking up yesterday. Well, that, and I had almost given up the hope. It's really nice that you're trying to keep this alive. smile.gif

Edited by Felixr2

I don't wanna jynx it but... is this dead now? D: Given many of the members didn't even respond... I mean, we can let their characters die, but then the group would be very small, so we'd need new people who then have to be placed in the story somehow...

Yeah, I should have made the announcement formally. School has me pretty busy now, and I sort of lost interest as well... I also have something else in the works, so I won't be continuing this.

I'm terribly sorry, everyone.