Dragmori

*(The Callous Brother)*

((Welp. This is embarrassing. Not sure how I actually forgot to visit the forums these few days.))

Light started to explain that she enchanted flowers with charms to give to people when something barreled into the two of them, causing her to yelp and fall, hitting the ground with her jaw. HARD. Ow. Blinking dust and ash from her eyes, she looked up to see a soulpeace that had panic written all over his body... And good Guardians of Nature, what happened to him? Scars crisscrossed his body In fact, he was just about to fly off when Cylax pinned his tail down. Light cocked her head, then started with another yelp as a voice started broadcasting... The soulpeace? Frowning at his panic, Light was about to speak up when she felt the ground shift and a vine explode out of the bushes, cackling with madness and.... Did she say that she was going to steal everyone's magic?

Draining magic without eating the something where it originally came from? That's possible?

Light had propelled herself into the air and the surrounding branches when the vine appeared, but she dropped altitude now, even though every instinct in her was positively shrieking at her to not do what she was about to. But just as she reached her paw out to grab a vine, the vine dragon recoiled and snarled. The dragon grass of the vine did latch onto her paw for a moment, though Light didn't feel anything particularly different when the grass did. Clawing the grass off and raising her head, she noted that a speckle-throat joined the fray and had started grappling with the vine for a moment before the soulpeace attacked, surprisingly aggressively too.

This is a mess.... Light backed into the trees and reached into her bag, pulling out a faded blue spellbook with flecks of what was once gold paint on the edges. Why is the vine doing this? Why is the soulpeace so angry?

Page 21 had the barrier spells, right? And so 22 were the enhancements and 23 the restraining spells... Light prepared herself to cast a spell when two loud crashes broke her concentration. A white that postively barreled out of nowhere, and the vine seemed to furious at Cylax, who pressed his bulk on her. Heh. She was shrieking, broadcasting her thoughts too, and though it was no laughing matter, Light couldn't help but crack a smile as the vine screeched that she would make mincemeat out of Cylax and bury him... And the smile dropped as soon as she remembered that the vine absorbed a lot of mana. Odd, you'd think that such an oversaturation as she was implying would lead to the vine having weird defects or something, or were dragons' mana-systems much more stronger than what was written in all those books she read?

A final crash from Cylax's claw, and it was all over. Page 2, healing spells. The vine was still, dragon grass limp and unmoving.

The speckle-throat seemed wary and had moved off to the side a bit. She seemed thoughtful and had an odd combination of sadness and... It wasn't quite joy, but relief would be the best way to describe it. The soulpeace was shaken, surprised, and.... Fearful? Light blinked curiously. Why was he fearful?

"Hate you? The opposite, dear Soulpeace. I would like to request a favour from you, in exchange for having fought off that dragon for you."

What?

"Wh... what favour do you want?"

"As a Soulpeace, I am sure you have the power to send souls back to the afterlife when they have been denied passage. I wish to leave. I wish to return to where I should have ended up years ago. I want you to separate my soul from this accursed body so I may go free, back to where I belong."

Light was about to protest, but she stopped herself in time. No. No protesting this. If this was his wish... She thought back to his words earlier, of sneak attacks and shunning and hate. Would she be able to tolerate that? If his wish was to return to the afterlife, so be it.

Chances are, he deserves it.

"B...but.. everyone hated me... for doing that... I didn't mean to... but...everyone hates me for my powers....and...and... what if...if they hate me... because everytime my powers are used...it only ends in hate...for me... ...And you... and the Specklethroat... you-" he began to whimper softly "-...you...you're the only dragons... who were nice to me... There was an Alt Black... but the...the Vine...Keina...she...she killed...her..."

...WHAT?!

((Sorry for the absence, folks. No idea what to have Light doing when you guys were all fighting.

Edit: How do you guys post so fast?!))

Edited by beiningtian

Eternal Slumber began to tremble violently, emitting a high-pitched squeal before speaking.

"B...but.. everyone hated me... for doing that... I didn't mean to... but...everyone hates me for my powers....and...and... what if...if they hate me... because everytime my powers are used...it only ends in hate...for me... ...And you... and the Specklethroat... you-" he began to whimper softly "-...you...you're the only dragons... who were nice to me... There was an Alt Black... but the...the Vine...Keina...she...she killed...her..."

At this, the Soulpeace began outright sobbing and shuddering.

----

Dusky was covering ground quickly. She winged south. Now, she has passed into warmer climates, and is beginning to continue rotting now.

The Betrayer shall die...

----

Keina risked looking up. She noticed everyone was ignoring her. Silently, she got up and fled.

((Now you can see the effects of Eternal Slumber's past... and he is very traumatized by it. He'll follow Cylax and Edghan now as they were two of the few dragons nice to him.))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

The undead dragon watched the Soulpeace break down into tears, looking towards the corpse of the Vine as she was mentioned. Gone. The body was gone. She had played dead while they were distracted by Slumber. That scheming rat! He turned his attention back to Slumber. He didn't seem to be of much use in this state, going on about others hating him for powers. Nice to him? Well, that was refreshing to hear. It was good that the Soulpeace who's help he needed acknowledged him like that. Perhaps he could try to convince the dragon to use his magic. But that would take some time, seeing how upset he was over it.

"What is your name, Soulpeace? I am Cylax. Well met. And remember, right now, you are among those who will defend you if that dragon returns."

He wasn't sure how to comfort a crying dragon. He had made plenty of young dragons cry by just walking past them, but he had never bothered to make them stop before. After introducing himself, he looked around for Light, finally spotting her in the air. He stared at her, as if asking for help regarding the sobbing dragon.

"Th...thank you... I...my name...Eternal...Slumber..."

The young Soulpeace looked up, eyes gleaming with tears.

----

It had been hours since she set out. She circled.

The Betrayer...was...here

The rotting Alt Black dragoness plunged down, landing near the small group.

----

Keina growled. Now I remember why I hate the Red Dragon tavern.... and I need to leave. Bet they noticed me being gone.

A boisterous Winter Magi and his friends were currently tearing up the inn.

She pushed past the rowdy group, before walking out the door heading towards the city exits.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

"I'm Edghen," she told Eternal Slumber. "I must go now. I hope we meet again."

Edghen turned around, ready to leave, when a sudden thought struck her. How did she end up here in the first place? She wanted to hunt Kallus down. Kallus, however, was a dangerous Desipis Dragon who was obviously strong. She remembered the glimpse she got of Kallus, and the one thing that bothered her most was the absurd amount of mana crystals that covered his body. As far as she knew, this Desipis Dragon enjoyed fighting others, and she can't forget the fact that all this happened because he went crazy.

Basically, Kallus was dangerous.

Edghen needed a team.

There was one right behind her. It was obvious they were a good fighting force. They worked together to take on a mana-obsessed dragon. Plus, her own tribe couldn't take on a Desipis Dragon. They were brought together mainly because they needed a home. They were never meant to be a fighting force. Not even the Hooktalons were meant to fight. They mostly teased.

It was obvious these guys were a good fighting force.

Eternal Slumber watched the other dragons. The Specklethroat turned away. Is... is she going to leave....no....? She stopped... Eternal Slumber kept an eye on her as she stopped.

----

The undead Alt Black landed hard and telepathically roared. Where is Keina? Where did that Vine flee to?

------

Keina darted out of the city. She paused and looked around before continuing.

((Dusky's vocal chords have rotted away, so her voice is telepathic. Her telepathic voice echoes.))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Hi there! My name is Cupup889 (It's best to not question the dumb username.) I'd prefer if you'd call me Cup, but do as you please. smile.gif

This RP looks fun and interesting, so I'd love to join! If you're not accepting then let me know and I'll delete this post, thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Charlotte

Species: Arsani Dragon (Female, of course.)

Appearance: Charlotte looks like a normal Arsani, with her eyes being the only exception: they're a neon aqua.

Personality: Charlotte is a kind and gentle soul that tries to bring peace and happiness to all that she can. She has a nurturing and motherly nature and will defend anything she deems defenseless and/ or innocent. However, she can stand her ground and will defend herself and/ or someone who needs her. She's also very intelligent and carries a lot of wisdom with her.

Lineage: Unknown, as she was stolen as an egg. However, she believes to be Cave Born.

History: Charlotte was accidentally stolen as an egg by a young human child, whom then brought the egg back to their village. Knowing the egg would no longer be accepted by any mothering dragon; the village took the egg in and raised it themselves. They took great care of Charlotte and treated her as equally as everyone else. She grew to become the village dragon; protecting and helping raise the village and its inhabitants. She was also a nanny to any children that had to be watched. For many years she watched over the village she called home.

Extra: Though she loves everyone in the village equally, she secretly adores Ethan the most; he's gained a special place in her heart. She sneaks him off and tries to teach him all she can before lecturing must start again.

She also has a bit of a burden on her, seeing as she outlives the ones she holds dear. She tries to not let it get to her, however.

_________

Name: Ethan

Species: Human, male.

Appearance: A small, young, caucasian boy. Brown mess of hair, freckles, and bright, green eyes.

Personality: Curious about the world and everything it holds. He adores Charlotte and spends as much time with her as he can. Naive, but loves to learn about whatever he can.

Lineage: Father and Mother are the leaders of their village, and is an only child.

History: Not much since he is so young. He has begun his training as to be the next leader of their village. Though he does try to avoid his schooling as much as possible: he doesn't care about keeping the sheep counted, he cares about knowing why flowers grow.

Extra: Loves Charlotte dearly, and is very close to her. He secretly wants to explore the world instead of being stuck in a village that's making him grow up just a little too quickly.

(( I hope these are fine, if not let me know; I'll begin RPing as soon as I'm aware if they're good.))

Edited by Cupup889

Cylax watched the Speckle-throated prepare to depart, only to stop and stand there.

"Something the matter?"

Before he could get a reply, however, the flapping of wings caught his attention. He looked up towards the black figure in the sky as it landed. He leapt back, ready to fight off another attacker. His claws extended and he prepared to leap into action...

Wait. This wasn't an ordinary dragon. This one was undead! Just like him. He immediately retracted his claws, relaxing completely in the presence of another Zombie dragon. The telepathic shout reached him, and he turned towards her.

"The Vine? I didn't see. She ran off into the foliage. Long gone by now."

((I highly doubt that Dusky can get there so fast, even if flying at top speed and "hours" have passed. Considering the size of Galsium, it would be more like days, no?

Also, do dragons have inns? From what I can tell of TJ's Lore topic most dragons don't really live in groups the way we humans do, much less get together and build a bar or something. Besides, imagine the size of a dragon-sized bar!))

Light met Cylax's gaze, then looked down at the sobbing soulpeace. So how to comfort him... Judging from everything he said, something happens whenever he uses his expunging power that make others hate him. Hate for expunging... Then something is unusual with this dragon's expunge. Very few people cares for zombies, for better or worse, so if it's something to do with them, it would be odd. Let's see, expunging a dragon's soul...! Light's eyes widened. Was this dragon so powerful that he can expunge the souls of living dragons?!

But those scars show a life full of... Abuse. And judging by how his mood whipped from angry and berserk at the vine to crying and sobbing about how others hated him, there were more than just physical scars on him. Light felt a rush of pity for the soulpeace as her gaze traveled over him.

How could anyone do anything like that? Besides, power such as his should be used so the person can control them, not locked up and shackled so when it manifested the person gets overwhelmed and loses control.

So how can she approach him without him starting or something? He'd be wary and paranoid about others, right? Hm.

The two dragons in front of her exchanged names. Cylax and Eternal Slumber.... Ouch. Light winced, then took a breath and shifted the spellbook in her paw before moving closer to the two.

"Ah, may I introduce myself too? I'm Light." Next, she turned to face the soulpeace, head slightly tilted with a worried frown. What happens when you expunge something? Why are you so scared of doing it? I promise nobody here is going to hate you if you use it.

... Though admittedly, she would be annoyed if she found herself dead in a blink if that was what he can do. Light reached out a paw and patted him.

"Anyway, you're injured from the fight. How about I heal you?

As she spoke, loud wingbeats caught her attention. Light looked up, eyes widening as a zombie black landed with a loud crash and roared out a demand.

Where is Keina? Where did that Vine flee to?

So the vine's name was Keina.... And good question. Light looked around. Speckle Thorat off at the side, White passed out on the ground, and... Where was teh vine? Wasn't she dead after... Oh. Ohhhh.

"We should have checked to see if she was dead...."

Edited by beiningtian

((Ooops. It was days then. My bad. Also, I wasn't sure, but given they were sentient

.. how about it was a human bar and they barely fit in? Makes it a lot easier for Winter and co. to wreck the place.))

Eternal Slumber was nervous about the Silver but given that both Edghen and Cylax were there, he decided to stay. However he kept a wary eye on the Silver. "When...my powers... come out...strong enough... to send living souls...to the afterlife... but I don't mean to, I didn't mean to..."

Dusky snarled. Scheming dog. That Vine always had been scheming, but I didn't catch her fast enough. That trick of hers, I'm sad to say, was taught by a Gold named Midas. He used it for hunting. As for Keina, that Vine is going to feel what feels like a thousand eons of pain before the relese of death. She looked around, searching for broken bushes they could follow.

Keina continued to flee.

((Keina... is not the fastest dragon. The reason they could have a hard time catching her is because there are many directions she could have run off in. Search the wrong one, and that's more time for her to run. But find the right one....))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Hi there! My name is Cupup889 (It's best to not question the dumb username.) I'd prefer if you'd call me Cup, but do as you please. smile.gif

This RP looks fun and interesting, so I'd love to join! If you're not accepting then let me know and I'll delete this post, thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Charlotte

Species: Arsani Dragon (Female, of course.)

Appearance: Charlotte looks like a normal Arsani, with her eyes being the only exception: they're a neon aqua.

Personality: Charlotte is a kind and gentle soul that tries to bring peace and happiness to all that she can. She has a nurturing and motherly nature and will defend anything she deems defenseless and/ or innocent. However, she can stand her ground and will defend herself and/ or someone who needs her. She's also very intelligent and carries a lot of wisdom with her.

Lineage: Unknown, as she was stolen as an egg. However, she believes to be Cave Born.

History: Charlotte was accidentally stolen as an egg by a young human child, whom then brought the egg back to their village. Knowing the egg would no longer be accepted by any mothering dragon; the village took the egg in and raised it themselves. They took great care of Charlotte and treated her as equally as everyone else. She grew to become the village dragon; protecting and helping raise the village and its inhabitants. She was also a nanny to any children that had to be watched. For many years she watched over the village she called home.

Extra: Though she loves everyone in the village equally, she secretly adores Ethan the most; he's gained a special place in her heart. She sneaks him off and tries to teach him all she can before lecturing must start again.

She also has a bit of a burden on her, seeing as she outlives the ones she holds dear. She tries to not let it get to her, however.

_________

Name: Ethan

Species: Human, male.

Appearance: A small, young, caucasian boy. Brown mess of hair, freckles, and bright, green eyes.

Personality: Curious about the world and everything it holds. He adores Charlotte and spends as much time with her as he can. Naive, but loves to learn about whatever he can.

Lineage: Father and Mother are the leaders of their village, and is an only child.

History: Not much since he is so young. He has begun his training as to be the next leader of their village. Though he does try to avoid his schooling as much as possible: he doesn't care about keeping the sheep counted, he cares about knowing why flowers grow.

Extra: Loves Charlotte dearly, and is very close to her. He secretly wants to explore the world instead of being stuck in a village that's making him grow up just a little too quickly.

(( I hope these are fine, if not let me know; I'll begin RPing as soon as I'm aware if they're good.))

(Charlotte and Ethan are allowed. I wonder if he understand Dragon. tongue.gif)

As Light was staring at the spot the Vine was just laying a few moments eariler, the soulpeace shakily spoke.

"When...my powers... come out...strong enough... to send living souls...to the afterlife... but I don't mean to, I didn't mean to..."

Light nodded, face drawn into a thoughtful expression. Could she help him control it? She wasn't the best at teaching, being patient, and such, but if given enough help, could Eternal Slumber learn to manage it himself? Light played with the orchid in her hair, contemplating letting him use her... Her friend's... Battered spellbook to practice a bit. But first, a few questions would be in order.

"Oh, okay. Have you used other spells before? Because it sounds like you never really had a chance to practice control, and I'll be happy to teach you a healing spell or something so you can learn how your magic works without expunging everything," Light offered. "And if you find out you can control it eventually, you can help Cylax with his life's... Er, death's goal!"

Speaking of Cylax, as she swiveled her head around, he was talking to the angry black zombie.

"The Vine? I didn't see. She ran off into the foliage. Long gone by now."

Light glanced around. This little patch of forest was relatively unscathed from the fire, but there still wasn't that much of it and most other areas would be blackened and ashen, with only a few shrubs here and there still standing.

"It shouldn't be too hard to find her for anyone with good eyes and the ability to fly," Light noted. " SHe would probably be the only giant spot of dark green for miles, and moving besides.

((Wait, how much of the forest was destroyed? I imagined that a lot of it was burned down but there were odd little patches here and there still standing, with the leaves at the tops of the trees or something still intact. Then, it's been a few months since so there would be some dead leaves on the ground and shrubs/flowers at places.

Edit: something like This.

Also, Dragmori, dragons communicate mainly by telepathy.))

Edited by beiningtian

"Um...no... never had time...my powers...." Eternal looked down. He looked up. "Could... you actually teach me... how to control my powers...? ...so I don't have to be hated... it.... hurts..."

Dusky snarled before lifting off, flying circles in the sky.

(Some time later.)

Keina had slowed down when she heard noise above her. What? No one can follow me! She turned around, coming face to face with a furious undead Alt Black... one she recoginzed. "What in the lands of the Guardian of Nature?!"

Dusky slashed at Keina, claws glinting red as they tore through the Vine's hide and her dragon grass. Blood arced through the air. Betrayer, you will die a thousand deaths!

Keina spat and attempted to drain mana, only to be met with claws in her face. The Vine dodged the next set of claws and looked around. Snarling, she dug her feet in the ground before diving belowground. She had forgotten about her vines, which were yanked on by the rotting Alt Black.

(Uh, hello. I'd like to join in.

Name: Craven

Species: Flamingo Wyvern (female)

Appearance: Because of her wandering habits and lousy pick in food, Cravens' coloring is more gray than pink. Her face is tinged lightly with the color, but that can be attributed more to how she eats than what. She is thin and bony, looks like she's starving, but her gut can get abnormally large when she gorges herself on food. Due to bad breeding, she has two wing fingers on each wing, multi-jointed and sharp, but also fragile and painful in cold weather. Her horns are large and well curved, though not due to her strength in fighting but more to the skill of running away. Most of the time, Craven looks greasy and has a slight scent to her, smelling rotten no matter how much she cleans herself.

Personality: Craven is more beast than dragon. She has little ability in telepathic language, only able to send one word sentences or waves of emotion, and thus is not very social. She hangs around the outskirts of groups or follows lone dragons, scavenging scraps left behind or, more frequently, hoping someone drops dead from sickness or age. She's gained a taste for dragon flesh and, while she will not hunt for it aggressively, she sniffs out the weak and waits patiently for them to keel over. Craven does not take after the Flamingo Wyvern way of fighting and battle, instead being quite cowardly with an over inflated sense of being better than anyone else. Because of the telepathic block and anti-social tendencies, she exhibits these traits by body language and vocal calls, preening and showing off when comfortable, as well as screaming, bluffing, and intimidating those she believes she can scare. The times where she truly feels threatened are the times where she'd turn tail and run, throwing one or two screeches of indignation behind her.

Lineage: Cravens' lineage makes her a true mutt. The inbreeding and badly matched ancestors gives a hint to human handling, though whether she was abandoned as an egg or her domesticated parents were abandoned to die is unknown. The irresponsible breeding gave her achy wing fingers and bad lungs. While she has little problem coasting on air currents, she has a wheeze deep in her chest and can become a coughing mess if pushed too hard. These are all genetic deficiencies and thus cannot be permanently healed.

History: Craven had no true family, instead having a large amount of luck at birth and becoming a follower that trailed behind a multitude of drake families. She was raised on scraps and, while she interacted frequently with drakes (mostly Howlers), most of it was perceived negatively on her part. Eventually her wings grew in and she left, taking to continue doing what she did as a hatchling: follow groups and pick up what's left behind. Because of this lifestyle, she never learned how to hunt or scavenge properly and many nights have passed with an empty belly. Of course, many good dragons and humans have tried to help out, but she usually reacts badly, taking whats given and making a racket before fleeing. Most give her up as a lost cause, and those who continue to hound her find that, like many animals, Craven can leave nasty and painful scars. At the moment, she's only come to this specific forest because of the recent fire and the death it left behind. Cravens only been there awhile, trying to find any charred remains to eat. If there are any graves around, a few may have been pilfered and desecrated.

Extra:

-Craven does keep hordes, but they are small, well hidden, and usually forgotten. They consist of stones, shiny things, egg shells, and bones.

-Craven likes eggs and wont turn her nose up at defenseless hatchlings.

-Craven is infertile, whether naturally barren or by a spell to prevent a continued bad genetic line. The Flamingo Wyvern herself treats suitors harshly, incredibly hostile and dangerous to anyone who tries to court her.

-Craven has a good sense of smell, especially tuned to dead flesh, and can find and follow a trail for days. She also has bad eyesight, sometimes missing things that are right in front of her.

I hope that's good? I may not be able to get on consistently, but I'll do my best.)

((It's fine if you can. I was out of commission for an entire fight scene. tongue.gif

And reading your flamingo's sheet, if she wasn't really eating any algae, why would she be even slightly pink?))

The black zombie snarled and flapped off with great wingbeats, stirring the area with wind. Light watched her leave before turning her attention to Eternal Slumber... Okay, that name is too depressing. And too long. A nickname might be in order here.

"Um...no... never had time...my powers... Could... you actually teach me... how to control my powers...? ...so I don't have to be hated... it.... hurts..."

"Well, I'm not much of teacher, but I will help you as much as I can," Light said. She then pondered momentarily before adding:"If you let me, at least." Light opened the spellbook, wondering which spell in there was good for magic practice, or at least wouldn't have too bad an effect if it went out of control.

Oh right, the flowers! Light held the book with one claw while she took a poppy from her bag and offered it to Eternal Slumber. Maybe she can have him use a levitation spell on something small? Worse case scenario, whatever he tries it on would go skyrocketing into the air.

"On an unrelated note, can I call you Ether for short?"

Eternal Slumber looked up. "Th... thank you.... yes... no one else really wanted to talk to me..." The Soulpeace hesitantly reached out, before grabbing the flower quickly.

-----

Keina cursed. She had been dragged out by her vines, and it hurt. She tore some flesh off the undead Black's chest.

Dusky narrowed her eye before lunging. Keina dodged, hissing. The battle continued this way for awhile, until Keina recognized the forest. And the dragons in the clearing. Who probably were not impressed with her. By the Nether, this just gets better and better!

The rotting Alt Black grabbed Keina and heaved her up before slamming her into the ground and gashing the Vine's neck.

Ether looked up. "Wait... her?!" He stared at the Vine who had been thrown down like a rag-doll.

((I imagine everyone is less than impressed with Keina's little trick from earlier. Now she is back. Heh, this is going to not end well for her.

Dragmori, why is Dusky Darkly-Flame not on my list of characters to RP as??))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Cylax listened to Light talk about magic. He missed his own magic. He had completely lost the ability to fly when he came back from the dead, and it would be useful if he could. At the very least, it wouldn't have hurt if the necromancer had given him powers to animate skeletons or something. That would come in handy. But no, he was just stuck with passive magic and nothing else of his own.

"Well, Ether, I would appreciate it if you learnt that magic. After all, you're the first Soulpeace I've seen in decades. And as of now, you are the one I'm putting all my hopes on."

Cylax, once again, prepared to fight as he noticed something heavy slamming into the ground. As he tensed up yet again, he turned to face whatever had just showed up. It was the undead dragon and the Vine from earlier. He remembered something Ether had said about the Vine murdering his friends, and he decided to let the Soulpeace deal with it. He would still rush to his aid if he got attacked though, that much was certain.

Eternal Slumber looked up. "Th... thank you.... yes... no one else really wanted to talk to me..." The Soulpeace hesitantly reached out, before grabbing the flower quickly.

-----

Keina cursed. She had been dragged out by her vines, and it hurt. She tore some flesh off the undead Black's chest.

Dusky narrowed her eye before lunging. Keina dodged, hissing. The battle continued this way for awhile, until Keina recognized the forest. And the dragons in the clearing. Who probably were not impressed with her. By the Nether, this just gets better and better!

The rotting Alt Black grabbed Keina and heaved her up before slamming her into the ground and gashing the Vine's neck.

Ether looked up. "Wait... her?!" He stared at the Vine who had been thrown down like a rag-doll.

((I imagine everyone is less than impressed with Keina's little trick from earlier. Now she is back. Heh, this is going to not end well for her.

Dragmori, why is Dusky Darkly-Flame not on my list of characters to RP as??))

(0-0 I thought I did do it. I'll post it now)

(Uh, hello. I'd like to join in.

Name: Craven

Species: Flamingo Wyvern (female)

Appearance: Because of her wandering habits and lousy pick in food, Cravens' coloring is more gray than pink. Her face is tinged lightly with the color, but that can be attributed more to how she eats than what. She is thin and bony, looks like she's starving, but her gut can get abnormally large when she gorges herself on food. Due to bad breeding, she has two wing fingers on each wing, multi-jointed and sharp, but also fragile and painful in cold weather. Her horns are large and well curved, though not due to her strength in fighting but more to the skill of running away. Most of the time, Craven looks greasy and has a slight scent to her, smelling rotten no matter how much she cleans herself.

Personality: Craven is more beast than dragon. She has little ability in telepathic language, only able to send one word sentences or waves of emotion, and thus is not very social. She hangs around the outskirts of groups or follows lone dragons, scavenging scraps left behind or, more frequently, hoping someone drops dead from sickness or age. She's gained a taste for dragon flesh and, while she will not hunt for it aggressively, she sniffs out the weak and waits patiently for them to keel over. Craven does not take after the Flamingo Wyvern way of fighting and battle, instead being quite cowardly with an over inflated sense of being better than anyone else. Because of the telepathic block and anti-social tendencies, she exhibits these traits by body language and vocal calls, preening and showing off when comfortable, as well as screaming, bluffing, and intimidating those she believes she can scare. The times where she truly feels threatened are the times where she'd turn tail and run, throwing one or two screeches of indignation behind her.

Lineage: Cravens' lineage makes her a true mutt. The inbreeding and badly matched ancestors gives a hint to human handling, though whether she was abandoned as an egg or her domesticated parents were abandoned to die is unknown. The irresponsible breeding gave her achy wing fingers and bad lungs. While she has little problem coasting on air currents, she has a wheeze deep in her chest and can become a coughing mess if pushed too hard. These are all genetic deficiencies and thus cannot be permanently healed.

History: Craven had no true family, instead having a large amount of luck at birth and becoming a follower that trailed behind a multitude of drake families. She was raised on scraps and, while she interacted frequently with drakes (mostly Howlers), most of it was perceived negatively on her part. Eventually her wings grew in and she left, taking to continue doing what she did as a hatchling: follow groups and pick up what's left behind. Because of this lifestyle, she never learned how to hunt or scavenge properly and many nights have passed with an empty belly. Of course, many good dragons and humans have tried to help out, but she usually reacts badly, taking whats given and making a racket before fleeing. Most give her up as a lost cause, and those who continue to hound her find that, like many animals, Craven can leave nasty and painful scars. At the moment, she's only come to this specific forest because of the recent fire and the death it left behind. Cravens only been there awhile, trying to find any charred remains to eat. If there are any graves around, a few may have been pilfered and desecrated.

Extra:

-Craven does keep hordes, but they are small, well hidden, and usually forgotten. They consist of stones, shiny things, egg shells, and bones.

-Craven likes eggs and wont turn her nose up at defenseless hatchlings.

-Craven is infertile, whether naturally barren or by a spell to prevent a continued bad genetic line. The Flamingo Wyvern herself treats suitors harshly, incredibly hostile and dangerous to anyone who tries to court her.

-Craven has a good sense of smell, especially tuned to dead flesh, and can find and follow a trail for days. She also has bad eyesight, sometimes missing things that are right in front of her.

I hope that's good? I may not be able to get on consistently, but I'll do my best.)

(Oh, sure, you can join!

I wonder if those effects are common for mutts, to be honest. Hmm... I-I)

Keina, realizing what was happening, hissed. She sent vines out to lash around everyone... but these vines were encrusted with crystal and twisted into horrible shapes as they glowed.

Dusky recognized the vines. Those are the same type of mana-draining vines she killed my group with! I am not going to die a second time, Betrayer... not until you die!! The zombie clawed through a vine, touching it with only her claws, before gashing the Vine's back. As Keina lay stunned, she took the opportunity to destroy the other vines.

Ether yelped as Keina's vine drained some of his magic, before the smaller zombie ripped through it and through everyone else's. He screamed in anger ands fear at the Vine, before charging headlong at her, teeth glinting as his maw opened.

((Oh goodness, I'm so excited to start! Thank you for allowing me to join! biggrin.gif))

((Side note for everyone: I'm starting in the village and making my way to the forest.))

((Yeah, I'm going to say that he can speak dragon. A rare skill, but quite valuable. He also speaks out loud even though the dragons telepathically communicate with him.))

Charlotte sat amongst the adults in the meeting room, taking in the information they were all presenting. How crops were doing, the herds, and the supplies; everything seemed well and in order until the forest fire came up.

The room grew quiet as a young farm hand spoke about the sudden burning of the nearby forest; he explained how almost everything was destroyed, and anything that may have survived wasn't doing so well. The cause for the fire was unknown.

Discussion was held, and in was decided that Charlotte would go explore and maybe figure out the reason behind it. After packing supplies, she took off into the sky, reaching the height where the air is brisk and calm. She enjoyed these flights; they allowed her to think.

She landed amongst the charred and dead foliage after some time and began to take in her surroundings. She decided to lose the weight and tossed her bag over to the side.

Ow.

She froze for a second before turning around to face her luggage. She knew what was going on here.

Ethan, get out of the bag. Now.

And that he did; he knew better than to disobey Charlotte. He looked up at her, his bright, green eyes melting her heart before she could get any lecturing in. She sighed.

Ethan, dear, why did you come along? And without asking? You know you could get in trouble for this. Plus, you're missing valuable lessons.

He kicked at a rock, sending it flying. I, I just wanted to be with you. I don't like my teacher, he smells like beef! You're a better teacher. Please, let me stay?

She sighed, even if she wanted to send him back, it'd be a waste of time. Alright, you may stay with me. Maybe I can teach you some things while we are here? Much more fun than learning math, I suppose. Come along, let us explore.

And that they did, looking at the charred and destroyed remains of the forest that once was. Ethan was so infatuated with every little thing. They began to venture deeper into the mess.

mana-draining vines

((Oh hey, uh, since the two of us both play zombies, what do you think would happen if Keina's vines tried to drain Cylax's or Dusky's magic? What would happen to them? I was thinking it would damage whoever took the magic since it's like, necromancy and dark/death magic keeping the bodies moving, but I'm not really sure how everyone else would want it to play out.))

((There isn't a real "draconic" language, dragons communicate by telepathy. And the telepathy isn't so much words as feelings and pictures to get the point across.

And for the mutt question, only to heavily inbreds or something, I wager. Since inbreeding doesn't allow for much wiggle room for genetics and stuff, any issues with the family genes would crop up again and again. A mutt from a bunch of different breeds would probably be better off than many purebreds.))

"Th... thank you.... yes... no one else really wanted to talk to me..." Ether took the flower like he was scared that she would scold him for taking it.

Was it bad if she wanted to hug him and coddle him? "Alright, so that's that! Let's start you off with something simple, like a levitation spell," Light said happily.

"Well, Ether, I would appreciate it if you learnt that magic. After all, you're the first Soulpeace I've seen in decades. And as of now, you are the one I'm putting all my hopes on."

So he took to the nickname too. Lowering her head, Light opened the book again and started flipping pages until she got to the page with the levitation spell. "Oh, right! Before I forget, that flower has a charm on it that helps people calm down or be happy by making it easier to recall pleasant memories.... And I forgot to give Cylax his flower. Light flicked her eyes down at the spellbook, making sure that the levitation spell was written here. "Here, read these instructions of this spell," Light held the book towards Ether, pointing with a claw to the spell in question. "I need a moment to--eep!

A loud crash made Light jump. When she turned around, the vine was back, and this time the angry black zombie was pummeling her.

"Wait... her?!"

Ether was staring at the vine... Wasn't that the vine they just fought? And there was an odd look in Ether's eyes. Shock, yes, but also anger. Light's eyes flitted to the other zombie in the clearing. Cylax stood to the side, looking tense and alert, though he seemed to be waiting for something rather than jumping in.

And when she wasn't paying attention, something snaked around her tail. Light experienced a rush of wooziness and looked down to see a... Crystallized... Glowing... Vine...? So this must be the mana-sapping ability of the vine... Light reached down, claws ready--

Suddenly, the dragon grass lost their glow and the lightheaded sensation passed. Light shook her head as she heard an enraged scream from (presumably) the vine dragon. She picked up the strange dragon grass and wrapped it around her arm before a primal scream came from Ether. Light snapped her head towards the soulpeace as he flew at the vine, jaws open.

Unconsciously, Light thrashed her tail. She had to help them somehow! Light concentrated and her paws began to glow a shimmering orange. She diverted the flow of mana to Ether and the black zombie, hopefully making them both faster and stronger for a time.

((Riath: Yeah, it would damage Keina... but it also drains them of animating magic. Bad on both ends...))

Keina winced. Death magic... I'm not draining energy from the zombies. She barely had time to do anything before Ether was there, body glowing faintly orange. His attacks were dealing more damage... and then Keina heard someone snarl behind her as she lost her connection to her vines.

Die.

A rotting stench pervaded Kerina's snout, and Dusky reared up, glowing orange, before slamming into Keina. The world went black for the Vine dragon...

Dusky growled. She stuck her claw into Keina's chest. Heart still beating... not for-- AARGH!!

A green shockwave of magic exploded outward. When it ended, Keina got back up. But now there were warped mana crystals all over her body, and her eyes glowed green...

Dusky staggered back, screaming telepathically. Vines grew up around her, but her claws clipped them as they swung wildly. Once she had loosed herself, she staggered for a bit before breaking a mana crystal off Keina's body.

Ether was not as affected by the explosion, but he was thrown back by the force of it before vines grew up around him, tangling him. The Soulpeace writhed, primal roars issuing from his mouth as the Vine threatened the others, until he had broken free. Once out, he attacked the warped Vine, shattering multiple crystals on one leg.

The Vine shrieked in pain as mana crystals broke or were torn off.

((Keina overloaded herself with mana. Next time, I plan to have her run off.. for now. Also, there was Life and Dark element in the outburst. When all the mana crystals break off, she will lose all magical ability, including the draining-mana ability{not that she had any other magic, just the drain ability}.

Keina gained the ability to use limited magic after her egg was teleported by a Magi and the magical residue failed to dissolve. The mana crystals are all the magic she's absorbed, including the magical residue that her body harnessed from the residue on her egg.))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

(Sorry! I've been recvering ever since I got sucked into the black hole called youtube, I should be more active now)

BlazeFrost watched everything happen so quickly. First a zombie and silver, then a soulpeace, and then a vine dragon who made him itch to jump in and burn that puny plant-dragon to embers. Blaze grinned slowly and wickedly, but spent so much time drooling over that thought that the Vine got away. "Blaze, you stupid idiot! You let that Vine get away! I was really looking forward to snapping that pathetic plant's neck and freezing its head!" Frost spat at Blaze, unaware of the other dragons who could clearly hear it.