Gryffi

Tales of Ostlea -Updated May 28, 2019

:excl:NEW STUFF!!! 🙀

http://taleofostlea.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1370

[Image: egC7DJ1.png]
Banner by MonstrHugger

Two new discoveries have been made in the world of Ostlea!

First, you can find this beautiful new egg around Scylla's Cove.
[Image: e764068d10515061acec1971d6145b98.png]
"This patched egg appears to be water-resistant."

Our second stunning new egg can be found in Lyzta's Jungle.
[Image: cbe828c11d6fd9401c0202534da6d13a.png]
"This squishy lilac egg has a pair of black horns."

Both eggs will be mass dropping in their respective biomes until Tuesday at 11:59 PM by the site's clock. Please also note, these eggs will not be able to be fed until after the mass drops have ended.

Don't forget to thank Ashywolf, Gryffi and VixenDra for helping to bring us these new creatures!
[Image: vGV8m2A.png]

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My clickers:
yxDEOU.gif pAWNhV.gif XWpSUC.gif 9tKKru.gif UXFRw9.gif hXnT4p.gif OW2InH.gif QbmXnt.gif
Edited by VixenDra

On 5/10/2018 at 7:11 PM, VixenDra said:

aPrnUO.gif

Followed the link in your sig and joined earlier. I have NO CLUE what will hatch from those eggs I grabbed but I was curious and fed a few eggs. Those are really cute. Looking forward to seeing my lovelies hatching. Maybe some of you seasoned players can tell me if I stole anything half-rare or if I managed to grab the most common ones there are ;) 

ixxqpS.gifKgnQrv.gifOks9Po.gifch6ILG.gifZwn6MA.gifkRU7qm.gifLFRGI9.gifOmehiH.gifEAX7jG.gifCC1IAc.gifR7dhyY.gifzBsfis.gifOm7EWi.gifUCt1kF.gifRcIQMW.gifXCvKvD.gifPm5dt8.gifIyNaQF.gif 

Edited by darkmoore

On 5/22/2018 at 6:47 PM, darkmoore said:

Followed the link in your sig and joined earlier. I have NO CLUE what will hatch from those eggs I grabbed but I was curious and fed a few eggs. Those are really cute. Looking forward to seeing my lovelies hatching. Maybe some of you seasoned players can tell me if I stole anything half-rare or if I managed to grab the most common ones there are ;) 

ixxqpS.gifKgnQrv.gifOks9Po.gifch6ILG.gifZwn6MA.gifkRU7qm.gifLFRGI9.gifOmehiH.gifEAX7jG.gifCC1IAc.gifR7dhyY.gifzBsfis.gifOm7EWi.gifUCt1kF.gifRcIQMW.gifXCvKvD.gifPm5dt8.gifIyNaQF.gif 

Awesome!:) I recommend making an introduction post on the forum, I offer welcome gifts to all newbies who post there^^ and a few other people provide some useful links:) Especially Discord:)

I personally don't remember most of the rarities (though I just checked that Glacial Ailura is rare:)), but if you check out the Library section (in the menu to the left, more or less in the middle)  (Normal subsection for all you currently listed here), there you can find the information about the rarity of each species (Availability)^^ (you can find the species' name on the critter's "click" page, in the left column of fit) just be warned, creature books contain spoilers(sprites included, though for adults I believe you have to turn to the next page, can't promise this is true for all species though, though I can't remember ever seeing an exception):D The only creatures you may not find there for some time are the latest releases, though currently the Library is all up to date (from yours, the Octoplushie is from the latest release).

PS. there's an annual event very soon:) stay tuned;)

8 hours ago, VixenDra said:

Awesome!:) I recommend making an introduction post on the forum, I offer welcome gifts to all newbies who post there^^ and a few other people provide some useful links:) Especially Discord:)

I personally don't remember most of the rarities (though I just checked that Glacial Ailura is rare:)), but if you check out the Library section (in the menu to the left, more or less in the middle)  (Normal subsection for all you currently listed here), there you can find the information about the rarity of each species (Availability)^^ (you can find the species' name on the critter's "click" page, in the left column of fit) just be warned, creature books contain spoilers(sprites included, though for adults I believe you have to turn to the next page, can't promise this is true for all species though, though I can't remember ever seeing an exception):D The only creatures you may not find there for some time are the latest releases, though currently the Library is all up to date (from yours, the Octoplushie is from the latest release).

PS. there's an annual event very soon:) stay tuned;)

Ohhh!

Totally gonna do that, thank you!

Yes, I've looked around the library a bit and I've been feeding eggs (how weird is that ;) ) to get the little ones to hatch. They are really cute. Earlier I had a blue Lava Dink hatch witch surprised me a bit. I liked the way they look from the start and was a bit startled they come in different colors. I even figured out how to get colorful rats yet *feels proud* 

Just look at my newest array of growing things:

HQnYo9.gifaJ1AFF.gifiMhEu4.gifKibreN.gifkj7Ekm.gif36vQLY.gifT1nV6E.gifaPoJN9.giflG5yc6.gifVAfne1.gifrBiLbm.gifGiElZo.gifH2VXXM.gifDwnbpE.gifmR4kvE.gifd25MXc.gifFE1eAc.gifZKbbhf.gifRgE78v.giflepBlS.gifOH5JcS.gifhVInzQ.gif6mniQI.gifqNTO2g.gifJZfBND.gifOZVlKm.gif6lhgZd.gifmDo6gm.gif 

🍀The SPRING FESTIVAL EVENT has BEGUN! 🐢

http://taleofostlea.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1381

[Image: 30731afc8779fb41547eafb4ca205aaf.png]
Banner by MonstrHugger

Every year between the dates of May 28th and June 10th a thick layer of strange magic descends on our beautiful country of Ostlea, and with it comes something truly wonderful: the Spring Eggstravaganza!
During this event, you'll be sent on a scavenger hunt and have the opportunity to craft three shelled creatures from past years and our brand new Shelled Tortoises! Please do keep in mind you'll only be able to craft one of each every half hour, we do need to give some time for that magic to work, don't we? wink

[Image: a82de63f59b7fd74c1dab795f13eb04c.png]
"It's a lump of clay... It seems to be surrounded by a magical aura."
This creature CAN be fed.

Head over to the Spring Festival page to get started!

Updates, Updates, Updates!

[Image: 2eb4d0a7f7acba6091326f824c197706.png]
As we mentioned last year, Shelled Duckles will be "retiring" from the Spring Festival, but do not worry! This does not mean the creatures will be going extinct! Just like with creatures from other past holidays, Shelled Duckles will continue to breed more of their own kind during their breeding season, however, new lair borns will only be obtainable through the Menagerie for the price of 1 crystal.
From this year on we will continue the trend of "retiring" one Shelled Creature to the Menagerie each year, so craft them while you can!

---

[Image: fedfcdda4031b4bf96d71355a2ac9c2f.png][Image: 5ae376d3101ae6911d344e70a9554f38.png][Image: cca444b210075e5fad949958b12ae52b.png]
As you all are probably aware, we're constantly making updates to help improve the site, make things more interactive and hopefully entertaining for all of you, as a result, the Spring Festival has had a small change: item deterioration. Just as you'd expect with any other art supply in your offline life our paints now have a chance to get used up, paintbrushes may fray and our sparkly gemdust may lose some of its luster. Don't fret though, you will be able to pick up new materials where you originally found them of course. We hope no one finds this too aggravating and you all enjoy our attempt at making everything feel just a bit more real.

Credits:

Hint Help
*Spoilers ahead, please avoid if you don't want the riddle answers!*

---

Questions? Comments? Post here! But please remember, bug reports and glitches need to be reported in the help section or through a private message to Gryffi.

NEW STUFFS!!! 🙀
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Banner by MonstrHugger

Several new discoveries have been made in the world of Ostlea!

First, you can find this beautiful new egg mass dropping in the Elegema Forest until Sunday at 11:59 PM by the site's clock and will later also be found in Scylla's Cove.
[Image: 1b0a896ceb326e02b5dfdef3d11d4315.png]
"This cool, brown egg has a faint stripe across it and smells of toffee."

A second creature can be found mass dropping in Scylla's Cove until Sunday at 11:59 PM by the site's clock
[Image: b8334d3e6953d965a66cf528e3bae691.png]
"This cool, dark brown egg has a light stripe across it and smells of chocolate."

Neither of these creatures will be able to be fed until the end of the mass drop.

The local Apothecary is also now selling a new item specifically for these new creatures, go on over and pick some up and see what effect it'll have on the new additions to your lair.
[Image: 779ea7fc45e47ed7aca78463349f9ab4.png]
Goldfish
"Feeding this tasty treat to an Ostlean Otter or Wotter results in some interesting effects."
800 Silver [Image: silver.png]

---

Our final discovery is now being stocked in Alameda's Menagerie, where they are being sold for 1 crystal each. These can be fed immediately.
Crystals can be purchased for $1 each on the Donation page.

[Image: ae6a4b590904c2838b8fbb6fae8bbf6a.png]
"This smooth egg seems to rock back and forth in place."

---

Thank yous to VixenDra, xxBurningxx and ZioCorvid for bringing us these new creatures!

New things EVERYDAY for a WEEK! 🙀 

http://taleofostlea.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1402
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Banner by MonstrHugger

For the third year in a row, the country's greatest explorers have gathered together to bring you all something BIG! The Creature Symposium! For an entire week, we'll be ignoring the way things are typically done around here and instead be flooding you with new additions to our magical little world! 
Starting today and ending on July 21st a brand new creature will be showcased each day along with information on where they can be found! We are aware this might seem a bit overwhelming for the average tamer, but fret not! Each of these new creatures can be fed right away and though they will not be mass dropping in their respective locations they will be dropping commonly for two weeks before returning to their intended rarities. All of these creatures ARE permanent releases and will not disappear from the shops/biomes after this event!

Our first creature can be found in the Mystic Caverns.

[Image: e0b18f5235ab85aa4275fc41f24575c7.png]
"Small shrieks can sometimes be heard from this egg."

Thank you to Infinis & Yunan for these lovelies!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ DAY 2 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Today's creature can be found in Lyzta's Jungle.

[Image: de79895ad261bcdcbb80ebfcef787c33.png]
"This little egg has a rich, red color."

Thank you to dragontamer44722, Phi & Process for these lovelies!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Make sure you check back everyday while the Creature Symposium is on :)
(Tip: Can't find the new critters in their respective biomes? Just pick up blockers and you'll find them!)
Edited by VixenDra

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ DAY 3 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Today we have something a bit different for you! It would appear late last night the Apothecary and Farmer's Market received some shipments of some brand new items. Why not head over and pick a couple of them up?

[Image: bf006690c93448eac7f482d77355679a.png]
Satin Bows
"Ostlean Otters and Wotters are obsessed with dressing themselves in these brightly colored bows! Be warned, once they have their paws on them they will not let them go."
Availability: Apothecary
Price: 700 Silver [Image: silver.png]

[Image: 3604817afb47bce21a9e1d116258da59.png]
Skullini Paint
"Use this specially developed paint to add intricate designs to your Skullini's shell."
Availability: Famer's Market
Price: 700 Silver [Image: silver.png]

[Image: 25608484ce8564c6ab25ea180635e838.png]
Ostlean Smoothie
"Feeding this Ostlean delicacy to a creature will raise instantly raise its click count to 100... Just don't ask what's in it."
Availability: Famer's Market
Price: 2,000 Silver [Image: silver.png]

July 15 July 16

Thanks for keeping all our DC peeps up to date on things, Vixen, I appreciate it greatly <3 I'll do my best to be better about it.

Gryffi!! It's so good to see you, I hope you've been well!

Hi purple :3 I'm doing well, thank you! I hope all is well for you too!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ DAY 4 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Today's creature can be found in the Menagerie being sold for 1 Crystal Crystal.png.

a4e0bf5ef3069728568ad28bb0fa03cb.png
"This light blue egg feels slightly gelatinous."

Thank you to MonstrHugger and JinxVIII for these lovelies!