Polar

Extraterrestrial

((I didn't reread all of Adventures though, just enough to catch up and remember where we were))

For one agonizing second Zahar thought she was going to refuse him. And then she nodded and happiness exploded in his chest as he slipped the ring on her finger. "I love you too," he said, holding her close even after their sweet kiss. "Neither heaven nor earth could stop me from proposing to you. But I had to find the perfect ring, ask your father's permission, and convince my father that marrying a human won't be the end of our kingdom. It took a lot of persuading but somehow it seems you got him to like you- or respect you, at the very least. Even if I couldn't have swayed him, I would have proposed anyway. The people love you and so do I. What my father thinks doesn't matter."

He pressed a kiss to her forehead. "I imagine everyone has expected this for some time. Maklar teased that I was taking too long, and considering he's already technically married, I couldn't even refute him. You will make a great queen, I know it. And I will be with you every step of the way." 

~

Liv had just stepped out of the shower when Maklar warned that she would miss Zahar's proposal. Her skin was still damp but she threw on her clothes anyway, wringing out her hair in a towel as she hurried out to the balcony. She took the binoculars he offered, beaming at him. "You're so thoughtful, Mak. Thank you." She glanced up at him with a pout. "You'd really have left me all alone on once side of the bed if I had gotten sand on it? It's a good thing I didn't, then. I would be lonely not being able to cuddle with my handsome, strong dragun." 

She perked up, pressing the binoculars to her eyes as Zahar got on one knee. "It's happening! Oh, I wish I could hear what he's saying- she's nodding! She said yes! They're engaged! I'm so happy for them!" Liv squealed, holding Maklar's arm and bouncing up and down on her toes. "They're so good for each other. Rose will make such a good queen. And Zahar will be a good king, of course," she added, grinning. "I'm so happy for them!" She repeated.

"I know you will. " She said softly looking into his eyes. "I already love your people, I call them once in a while on the computer you gave me to check on them.  I heard a few diplomats are coming from another solar system and want to meet in the snow. Your father's advisor said they wanted to meet you and the future queen of Rasabol. I guess word travels fast in the Galaxy." She mused looking down at her ring. "And here I was with a ring pop hidden in my things to 'propose' to you sometime this week." She giggled.

-----

Maklar got a cheeky grin exposing his fangs as a purr bubbles in his chest. "I said I'd wrap you up like a burrito. I never said I wouldn't cuddle with said sandy burrito. " He chuckled. "He said; Rose, you are the best thing to have ever happened to me. I love your compassion, your kindness, your creativity, and your determination. Most of all, I love you, and I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you at my side. Will you do me the tremendous honor of becoming my wife?' I was taught to lip read and my eyes are still sharper then those binoculars." He looked down at her as she clung to his arm and bounced with joy for the two on the beach. "You're so full of energy...and wet." He said scooping her up in his arms. He grabbed her discarded towel and sat her down. "Let's dry you off a little bit more before we go to bed. " He said and started to dry her hair by running his fingers through it causing it to steam then ran a brush so it wouldn't tangle. He made it in a lose braid and kissed down her neck. "There feel better?"

"I'm glad. They are, for the most part, good people," Zahar said, smiling. "They are fortunate to have such a caring and compassionate future queen." He paused, thoughtful. "The diplomats, yes. Word travels fast indeed, especially when it comes to the marriage of a future king. They are from a planet that is made entirely of ice and snow, almost exclusively sub-zero temperatures. They can't be in any temperatures above freezing, so they rarely visit. It is quite the honor for them to want to meet you in person," Zahar said, smiling. "A ring pop, huh? I would have said yes. Two of my favorite things: you and sweets." He kissed her nose. "I am so excited to officially introduce you as my fiancee. Fortunately, I believe we will be able to enjoy these next few days without being disturbed by well-wishers apart from my incredibly nosy best friend," Zahar said, glancing pointedly towards the balcony where Maklar and Liv had been watching. "Can I still have the ring pop, though?" he asked, grinning impishly.

~

"Even if I was sandy, you just can't stay away," Liv teased affectionately. She gushed as Maklar repeated what Zahar had said. "Aw, that's so sweet! I'm so happy for them, they really love each other. I can't wait to see the ring! It's always so exciting. You said you helped him pick it out, didn't you? You have excellent taste, as proved by my gorgeous ring, so I'm sure it's beautiful." She giggled at him, squealing as he scooped her up and carried her back in, drying her off. "I was sleepy, but this woke me right up. Though I suppose if I get this sort of treatment for coming out of the bathroom like I did, I suppose I'll just have to do it more often." His hands were gentle as he dried, combed, and braided her hair. She let out a soft sigh as he pressed soft kisses down her neck. "Much better, yes. Though I do believe that you owe me a few underwater kisses tomorrow. I was promised," she said, trailing her fingers down his bare chest. "What is on the itinerary for tomorrow? Or will we just do whatever we fancy at the time?"

"I don't think he'd bother us." She said giggling and waving to the balcony as they headed back to the house. "Of course. I brought that and some fudge for us to share. Really? I best be shopping for some really warm clothes then. I've never seen the snow so it'll be a wonderful experience!" She said kissing his nose and holding his hand as they headed back to the house. "the ring is beautiful." She said looking at the ring fondly.

---

"Really? Good to know that a dragun could pick out sparkly things. " He smiled. He then shivered when she ran her fingers across his chest. "We'll definitely do some kissing. There's an old ship wreck near here a few hundred miles from shore. Maybe we can see if there's treasure aboard? Or explore the island?" He huffed and took her hands in his kissing her palms. "Keep that up and it'll be hard to keep my promise to your parents about being pure for your second wedding." He growled possessively.

((Want to TS after Rose/Maklar's responses to these reactions? It can be to the next day or to the diplomats or something, whichever you would like it do :) ))

"No, probably not," Zahar agreed, "but that doesn't stop him from being unbearably nosy. Did I do that when he proposed? No. To be fair, I'm not sure I would have wanted to. He's disgustingly sappy with her. Probably would have been sweeter than even my sweet tooth can handle." He grinned. "Yes, you better start looking for some warmer clothes. Maklar and Liv may be coming along too, so perhaps you could set up a shopping trip with Liv on my planet. The fashions are different and I'm sure the two of you would have a lot of fun together. You'll be spending a lot of time together in the future and I think it would be a good bonding experience. Not that the two of you don't already get along great." He laced his fingers with hers, watching with warmth in his eyes as she admired her ring. "I'm glad you think so. Maklar helped me pick it out. He tends to have a better eye for those sorts of things - he made Liv's ring, did you know? But I won't need any help with your wedding ring, I'm having it specially crafted. You're going to love it, I know it."

~

Liv rolled her eyes at him, grinning. "I'm not at all surprised that you helped him pick the perfect ring. But I would choose the ring you made for me over anything else any day. It's far more special - and more beautiful - than any normal ring." She smiled at his reaction to her touch. "The shipwreck sounds like fun. We could do that in the morning and explore in the afternoon. Then spend the final day relaxing, just playing in the sand and the water," she suggested. She giggled as he grabbed her hands, growling. "Alright, I'll stop teasing you. But it's just so much fun," she said, pressing a kiss to his shoulder before resting her head against his chest, yawning. "Maybe it's time for bed." Concentrating on the doorway he had mentioned earlier, she let a little bit of her sleepiness ease into his mind. "I love you," she whispered into his mind, and for good measure, shared with him some of her love. "Bed," she mumbled, nudging him. He could carry her; she had no intention of moving.

((sure the wedding planning at the same time as the diplomat meeting?))

"Maklar in the cold? I don't think so. But I still can go shopping with her as bonding. We already have a bit in common. I do like your style of clothes here." She said as they reached the hallway and she kissed his cheek. "Goodnight fiance.." she said with a wink and went in the room. 

---

"Fine with me. " He yawned when the sleepiness hit him. "My aren't you persuasive. Alright love." He scooped her up and carried her to bed snuggling close and falling asleep.

((You do the skip!))

((Sounds good to me! I'm doing a teensy bit of god-modding in putting Rose where she is but it's only to set the stage))

Zahar fiddled with his cuff links, waiting impatiently for a servant to come with his new cape. He had finished dressing a half hour ago, wearing a fitted, deep purple suit that accented his eyes. There was a gentle knock on the door before a servant entered, looking flustered.

"My apologies for the wait, Prince Zahar. Your cape was just completed," the servant said. "It is freshly ironed and ready to wear."

"Excellent, thank you," he said, taking it from the servant and shaking it out. It billowed down to the floor and he swept it around his shoulders, clasping it in place. Unlike his former cape, which was a solid silver in color, this one was multi-hued, almost iridescent, in the light. Now that he had come of age, it was a sign of status and power, and left no question as to who he was, as the fabric was neither easy to find nor inexpensive to craft.

Straightening his jacket, he addressed the servant. "Please alert Ice Queen that we will be departing shortly." As Maklar could not follow him to the colder climate, he had requested that his older sister accompany them instead, and she had graciously agreed. "I'm off to fetch my fiancee and then we will be heading to the hangar."

"Yes, Prince Zahar," the servant said, bowing and leaving the room.

Zahar swept after him, looking entirely regal, making the short walk to Rose's quarters with his new cape billowing out behind him. She had arrived yesterday in order to ensure that she would be prepared to leave on time to meet the diplomats from moon Zeta Crystallis. They were of a neighboring system and despite being a moon, their home world was larger than Rasabol. They were an jovial people, and very playful, and Zahar was not surprised at all that they would be the first of many well-wishers throughout the known galaxy.

Arriving at Rose's door, he knocked lightly. "Love, it's me. Are you ready to go?"

~

Liv stretched, leaning so far back in the kitchen chair that it almost toppled over. Jack reached over, grabbing the chair before it could tip. "Please don't injure yourself. I don't think Dad could take Maklar ruining our locks again."

"I was being careful," she protested, righting the chair and plopping her elbows on the table. She, her mother, Hope, and Jack had been working on the seating chart and place cards for Hope and Jack's wedding all morning. Liv had just finished her stack and was more than ready to work on planning her own wedding once Maklar arrived in the afternoon.

Hope smiled at her. "You seem impatient."

"Just a little. You've been a really good sport about this whole thing, Hope. I appreciate it," Liv said. While Hope and Jack would be the first married by earthen standards, news of Liv's engagement had spread like a wildfire through their friend groups and extended family, taking away from the attention that should have been on her oldest brother and his bride.

"Oh, it's nothing. Of course, if you had decided on our wedding date, it would be a different story, but that's a bit short notice," Hope said.

Liv grinned. "Yeah, you're safe."

"I never imagined having to plan two weddings at once," Lilly said, leaning back in her own chair and taking a sip of tea. "At least Maklar is paying for yours, Liv. I don't know how we'd do it otherwise."

"Yes, paying by committing a federal crime," Liv laughed, remembering exactly how Maklar was getting the money to pay for their ceremony. She checked her watch. "He should be arriving any time now."

"Anyone else coming?" Jason asked, meandering into the kitchen from the living room to rummage through the fridge.

"You're just hoping to see Moon," Liv teased, grinning broader as her older brother blushed.

"And what if I am? Jared is only stopping by after work because he's hoping Wind will be here!"

"What is it with this family and draguns?" her mother asked, looking highly amused. "Now don't get me wrong, I adore Maklar and his family, but isn't there any human girls you'd be interested in, Jason?"

Jason shook his head. "No, Mom. Moon is the only girl I've ever met who feels right. The least I can do for myself - and her - is try to figure out why. If there's something there. Do you know what I mean?"

Lilly exchanged a glance with Liv. "Yes, I know exactly what you mean. If you're lucky, she'll tag along. In the meantime, why don't you help with writing place cards?"

"If I have to write these, so do you," Jackson said, leveling his younger brother with a glare. "Now sit down, there's only a few left and it'll be quicker with you helping."

"Fine, fine," Jason agreed, grumbling and plopping down in an empty chair. "But if my handwriting is bad-"

"Jason Blaine, you will write these place cards and you will do so neatly," Lilly said firmly.

"Yes, ma'am," he grumbled, reaching out for a pen.

There was a knock on the door and Liv shot to her feet. "That's probably Mak!"

"Thank goodness," Jason said, tossing down the pen as his sister hurried to the door and threw it open.

((I'll leave you to decide whether any of Maklar's family tags along with him))

Ice queen came out in furs and leather armor when he knocked on Rose's door. Her red hair dye had been washed out leaving it short and styled swept to the side. Her two colored eyes where outlined in black liner making her look fierce, even more so with her blood red lipstick. "She's ready your Majesty." She said and stepped out then over. 

Rose had chosen a plain long velvet dress with a long fur back clipped to the short sleeves. It was a pale rose pink, silver accented her Caribbean blue eyes and her hair was done with silver vines woven into a braid over her shoulder. Clasped at her neck was a short, waist langth cape of the same material he had showcasing her status now. She looked nervous. "I'm ready, let's go." She held her hand out for him to take. "You look wonderful my dear."

-----

Wind was there at the door. Maklar and Moon heading out of the ship behind them, Mak looking sick and Moon carrying a small clear case that held pens and things to help with the wedding planning. "Mal got sick in his mad rush to get here. He ate too fast and ran out the door." She said rolling her eyes. "We have things for planning, not sure how that goes." She spoke as she stepped in.  Moon and maklar came in shortly after. After making sure her little brother was alright, Moon beemed at Jason and ran over to him leaning on his chest. "I missed you! I'm glad you are here." She smiled at him. She wore a yellow spaghetti strap sundress with tulips printed on it, her hair was half up in a bun the rest fell in luscious green locks down her back. "I made you this." She held up a small charm in emerald carved in the shape of a dragon. " I thought you could wear it on your leather bracelet you always have on. Oh and Hope, I'll help with the cards. I know calligraphy, English isn't my best work but it's still better than my sister's claw scratches. "

Wind huffed. " Well I'm sorry I didn't spend every waking hour working on my English like you did." She folded her arms after running her fingers through her short blue hair. 

((I got a little carried away but I'm having a lot of fun here so it's whatever I guess))

"Ice Queen," Zahar greeted her with a smile. "Thanks again for doing this." 
He stepped past her into the room, eying Rose with approval. "You look regal, love. Very much like a future queen," Zahar said. "Stunning as well, though that goes without saying." He offered her his arm. "Shall we? The rest of the party is waiting. He led her out of the room and Ice Queen followed after them, equally intimidating as her younger brother. The walk was not long, which was fortunate, as Zahar could already feel himself beginning to sweat in his insulated suit. It was built light but for cold weather - it would ensure him staying warm in temperatures up to a hundred degrees below zero.
Captain Falrin was waiting for them at the entrance to the ship and bowed at their approach. "Prince Zahar, Lady Rose, Ice Queen. Everything is ready for our departure, we wait only for you to board."
"Excellent, thank you Captain," Zahar said.
Captain Falrin grabbed his shoulder before he could pass, hissing into his ear. "The advisor is here. He said it was his duty since the king cannot be present. He would not be dissuaded."
"I'll deal with this. Thanks for the warning," Zahar assured him, sweeping into the ship. It was just as nice as his personal one, though larger, and held just under a dozen inside: a pilot, several of his own diplomats, the advisor, and four guards, not including Captain Falrin, who had followed shortly behind them.
"Good, you're here," Advisor Holmwell said with a sniff. "We can be going."
"I wasn't informed you would be in attendance, Advisor," Zahar said lightly, his eyes cold. "Did my father ask you come with us?"
"No, my prince. However, I felt you could use the aid of a more experienced hand in this matter," the advisor said.
"Are you implying that I am unfit to conduct my duties, Advisor? That I will not speak to the Zeta Crystallis diplomats with dignity and respect? That my many years of tutolage, several of which spent under your guidance, have left me ill-equipped to perform the responsibilities I am expected to uphold?"
Advisor Holmwell paled, his mouth forming a tight line. "I implied nothing of the sort, my prince. I only assumed that you would appreciate the extra support."
"While I am thankful for your concern, it is unneeded. Your presence will not be needed here today. I am sure my father has several meetings where your valuable insight could be of use, however," Zahar said. His tone made it clear that this was not a request. It was an order.
The advisor bowed, eyes flashing. "Yes, Prince Zahar. I bid you good day and good luck." He strode out of the ship without a second glance.
"Now that that's over," Zahar said, leading Rose to their seats, "we have a meeting to attend. Are you nervous?"

~

"Wind," Liv said, grinning. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Jason whip out his phone and send a rapid text. No doubt Jared would stop by before too long. "I'm so glad you're here, thanks for coming! Moon, too! I'm sure anything you've brought will be helpful. This is going to be fun. I had better go help my over-eager fiance-slash-husband, but you can go right on in," she said, walking out to meet Moon and Maklar. She took his arm. "There was no rush, you know. I'm not going anywhere. Will you be okay? Come in and sit down on the couch for a little while until you feel better," she ordered, tugging him inside after Moon and towards the couch.
"Is he alright?" Lilly asked in concern.
"He'll be fine. It's just motion sickness," Liv assured her mother. "Mak just needs to sit down for a few minutes." She tugged him down into the couch and sat down beside him, taking his hand. "You shouldn't have eaten so soon before leaving, my silly dragun."

Jason grinned widely, wrapping an arm around her in a warm hug. "I missed you, too. You look lovely. Yellow is certainly a good color on you." He smiled when he offered her gift, his cheeks and ears going pink. "That is so sweet of you. Of course I'll wear it on my bracelet. Here, put it on for me?" He requested, offering the arm with his bracelet to her. "I don't have anything to offer in return, so I'll tell you a secret instead," Jason said, leaning closer and whispering conspiratorially. "I'm only here because I was hoping to see you. I love my siblings, but not enough to help them with their weddings without cause. I'm more like Wind, my calligraphy is... quite dreadful. I'm better at the heavy lifting. Blacksmithing and all," he said, lifting his broad shoulders in a good-natured shrug.

Hope smiled at the two sisters. "Any help you want to give would be lovely. Wind, I'm certain we still have things to do that don't involve calligraphy. How about helping me choose the colors for some decorations? I have the flower arrangement mock-ups around here somewhere, the colors will need to match at them least a little..." she rifled through the papers.
"I saw it under your printed wedding playlist!" Liv called from the other room.
"Oh!" Hope said, and pulled out the stapled papers from the mess. "Here they are. What do you think?" she asked, offering it to the blue-haired girl.

((on a roll, but curse my early bedtime. XD))

Rose looked at the advisor like a lioness bristling in defense of her cub. She didn't relax until the man left the ship. She was snapped from her intense glaring when spoken to and lead to their seats. "A little bit. I'm not sure on their customs, I barely had time to read up on them before ice told me to go to bed and woke me up early to get ready. I'm excited though to see snow for the first time in my life. " She paused as she fastened her belt smoothing her dress. "However the feeling worsened when I saw the advisor. The few times I've met him, I get this twisting feeling in the pit of my stomach. I don't like his eyes... they're shifty, like he's playing a tricky game of chess but the pieces have minds of their own. Maybe it's just the stories Maklar told me about him influencing me but still... I'm not a fan of him. "

----

Maklar sat down and breathed deeply. "I know, but this whole wedding thing is a new experience and I wanted to see how planning one usually works so I can brainstorm ideas.... And it's been a while since I saw you last. " He grumbled. After a few breathes he pulled her against him. "I'm feeling better now thanks. Anything I can help with Hope?" He called to the dinning room.

Moon blushed as well cheeks already pink turning a soft shade of orange as she was fastening the charm to his bracelet when he wispered to her. "Oh?" She said softly tucking a strand of hair behind an elf like ear. "I was hoping you would be here. We'll talk after the planning is done. I'm sure there's something you can do. Oh! I forgot my notebook! " She said after she reluctantly moved away from him and opened her box on the table. "I need a notebook for writing any ideas for flowers and things I can get in Rasabol..." She looked crestfallen picking up the same discarded pen Jason had and started on the cards. 

"Well why don't you just have Jason go get you one? " Wind said taking the list. "I can do flowers and colors. Moon is the gardener of the family, but I do all the arrangements. " She said sitting down in a chair and studying the list. "Yo, does anyone know where the dancer of the family is? Jared? He could probably help with the songs. " She said nonchalantly, leaning back on her chair yet not tipping over. She chewed her lip studying the fabric colors and photos of flowers. "We may have a few on Rasabol that would work perfectly. These ones are closest though. " She said picking up a pencil from Moon's case and circling four types of flowers. 

((I babysit most of today so I'm speedwriting this))

"They make great buildings out of ice, their architecture is truly incredible. Curtsying should be just enough to greet and show respect, they typically don't take themselves - or others - too seriously. They are closest to mammals in that they can regulate their temperatures, though probably not in the way you expect. The colder it is, the warmer they get - that's how they stay alive. The warmer it is, the colder they are, which is why they cannot visit our castle. It's much too warm for them. Like the draguns, they are a shifter race, though their forms are more like wolves, though massive and far more deadly. However, they'd much rather play in the snow than rip off heads and stain their pretty coats," Zahar said, smiling. "I think you will like them."
Captain Falrin took a seat on Rose's other side. "If you distrust the advisor, then you are more observant than most. Maklar is right. He is not one to be trusted nor one to be underestimated. Do not let him worm his way into your mind with politeness and honeyed words."
"He will cause trouble for this kingdom yet, I fear," Zahar murmured, pressing his fingertips together as the ship took off. "But let's set aside our worries for now. We have diplomats to meet and snow to see!"

~

"I'm glad you're excited," Liv said, smiling at him and leaning into his side. "I missed you, too."
"Nothing for you to worry about, Maklar!" Hope called. "We were just finishing up some of my planning today. This afternoon we're focusing on you and Liv."

"I look forward to it," Jason said, trailing slightly after her to the table. "I have a notebook I can get you, Moon, don't worry. I think I have one that I made when I was doing a leatherworking course, let me see if I can find it..." he disappeared upstairs, rummaging through the stuff in the room that he and his brothers would use on visiting. He let out a pleased exclamation and came bounding back down the stairs, leatherbound journal in hand. "Here," he offered it to her. "You can keep it if you'd like. I've never used it."

Liv grinned like a cheshire cat when she heard Wind's question and nudged Maklar in the ribs. "He's at work - a police officer, didn't he tell you? Out doing his job protecting the public. He'll be here later. I'm sure he'll be happy to see you. In the meantime, we can start planning my wedding." She stood and trotted back into the kitchen, nearly tripping over Malachi who had sprawled out in the doorway. 

((I'm on lunch break now so I understand))

"There's more shifters? The more I learn about the different races of the universe, the more I am fascinated by the advancement of other species. Humans are definitely not ready to meet the rest of the universe. I'd rather have humans squabble amongst humans then to risk the stupidity of a few powerful people get the entire population wiped out." She said with a sigh.  "My father taught me to trust my instincts first, observe then assess before drawing a conclusion. As soon as I got the King's ear to myself without him wispering in it, His Majesty seemed to realise how much effort I'm putting into this relationship, how much I've taught myself and that my feelings are sincere.  The advisor was always present in the first few video calls until he got busy with meetings. Then I put together the times when both where present in my calls, and calls from you Zahar about how your father chewed you out and again tried to persuade you to give up on a human girl. After a couple times it was easy to connect the dots. Don't worry Captain Falrin, I'm all too familiar with that way of speaking. Two can play at that game. " She said with a sweet smile. 

Ice queen smirked. "Gold Flame is right about you Lady Rose. There's more to you then meets the eye. " 

----

Maklar got up and followed his wife to the kitchen. "Our wedding. I'd like some Lord of the rings references in there. We should wear the crowns Panda made for us. " He said sitting down. 

Wind tilted her head. "Oh, he mentioned something about that at the birthday party for Zahar and again at your first wedding. Sounds like my job. I patrol the sky's and waterways for strange ships and help if I spot any accidents or fires and the like. Crashes rarely happen, but we do get the occasional break in or sleepy  pilot pulling an all night shipment run between planets. Fires and first aid is the primary occurrence, mostly from children testing their mind powers for the first time or someone levitating a few too many objets on a building sight and they fall on someone. " She said pulling out a nail file and sharpening her nails. 

Moon ran her fingers over the leather. "It's esqu-.... Exqui..site? Really good. Thank you." She smiled and kissed his cheek sitting back down and finishing the last of the cards before flipping to the first page and writing what maklar said. "Fantasy? Lord of the rings? What are those?"

"Yes, but they are quite different from the dragun. With the dragun, the two forms have always been one. However, other species - such as the those we are about to meet - joined with another species for survival. Two separate entities who became one. If you believe the draguns are wild, well..." Zahar grinned. "There are many that are much worse. For example, those from Zeta Crystallis tend to lose something of themselves when they shift. More animal than man, I suppose you could say. They are a highly interesting people and good allies of ours, I would encourage you readers about them when you have the opportunity," Zahar said. "There's a reason humanity is largely left to itself for now. They will either wisen and mature or kill each other, and we don't interfere. I do hope it is the former, however. They are not all bad."
"More than meets the eye indeed," Captain Falrin agreed with a chuckle. "I have no doubt you will cause the advisor troubles he does not expect. He is accustomed to getting his way. I have my own theories as to how, but it is nothing I will discuss at present."
"The more I see of him now, the more I wonder if your conspiracy theories have some basis in fact, Captain," Zahar said, stretching out his legs. Turning to Rose, he said, "We have about a twenty minute journey to our meet point. Then you'll get to see the snow."

~

"I like the idea of wearing the crowns," Liv agreed. Instead of grabbing her own chair she took her place on Maklar's lap. "And we'll include Lord of the Rings somehow for sure."
"Nerds," Jackson jested, grinning.
"Don't act like you're not just as bad," Liv retorted, rolling her eyes at her oldest brother. "Don't think I don't know about the Harry Potter references you and Hope are including in yours."
Deigning responding, Jackson chose instead to stick out his tongue at her.
"Brothers," she said to Wind and Moon, who were currently preoccupied with thinking about two of said brothers. Liv leaned forward towards Wind, grinning. "Sounds like you two have a lot in common, then. Did you know that he's been shot on the job before? Domestic dispute. He knocked his partner out of the way trying to be noble. He's got a scar and everything. You should ask him about it." There was nothing Jared loved more than to show off that particular scar, especially since it was on what he referred to as his 'muscular torso'. And considering how supportive Jared had been with her and Mak, she figured she owed it to him to be a good wingwoman. Across the table, Jackson choked on his drink at her suggestion. Hope smacked him hard on the back.

Jason beamed. "Exquisite, yeah. I'm so glad you like it." His whole face went red when she lightly kissed his cheek. He stared after her, dumbstruck. 
Liv dissolved into a fit of giggles. "Moon, I think you broke him."
Jason was too taken by the show of affection to truly be annoyed at his sister. He took a seat next to Moon instead. "Lord of the Rings is this fantasy book series written by J.R.R. Tolkien. Fantasy is like- well, it differs from author to author, but it has dragons and elves and magic, that sort of thing. I know I have copies around my apartment somewhere, if I can dig them up I'll lend them to you next time I see you."

((Liv's hobbies include: kissing Maklar, making fun of her brothers, and then helping two of said brothers get with Maklar's sisters :P))

Edited by Polar

Rose tilted her head. "Kinda like werewolves of legend on Earth. They are more animal then man when the moon is full. " At his announcement for the amount of time it'll take them to get to the wintery north she giggled and bounced in her seat like an excited 8 year old child. "I can't believe I'll be in snow! I've only seen it on mountains and in pictures. It's too hot where I live and I don't get to travel much. I can't wait to make snow angels and have a snowball fight and build a snowman!" She squeeled.

-----

Maklar automatically wrapped his hand around her waist without a second thought. "I don't know much about the lore, Lady Rosemary has been teaching me but it's difficult. She keeps slipping into elvish while explaining it to me. Zahar has the books that are compatible with our systems. Now, what first? Zahar is going to be my best man of course.... Um... Colors? Flowers, cake?" He said looking at Jackson and Hope's notes to try to get an idea of what needs to be done. 

Wind just studies her nails with a board look on her face. "A woman should not see more than the face and arms of a man she is not married to." She said. "Scars are seen both as a badge of honor or disgraceful depending on how it was earned. In combat; honor and pride. Anything outside of that it's simply a pitty. Besides I know what you are up to." She looked over at Liv with her piercing storm grey-blue eyes. "It will not be easy to get to me. I have many suitors vying for my hand and I'm a traditionalist. He'd have to prove to me that he will be able to survive my lifestyle without slowing me down, and be submissive to the stronger sex. For us draguns, the woman is the breadwinner of the house, woman go to war and the men play house with the children. By my understanding, human men are full of themselves and downplay their female companions, making the women play housewife and tend to the children.  No offense Lily, it is hard work either way, just my parents got into one too many fights before my father realized our ways won't change. We are too stubborn to reform our society, besides we like the way it is now. Why change something that hasn't broke since it began many eons ago?"

Moon smiled and giggled seeing his reaction to her affection. She then sighed softly hearing what her sister said. "I'd like to read those books. It seems like I still have a lot to learn about life on Earth. So basically things beyond your human understanding? Dragons did exist. Your t-rex bones are actually dragun bones, our banished cousins from long ago. There's an elf like race in the universe, and other shifters too. " She said writing things down. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"Yes, I suppose. But perhaps don't mention that, I'm not sure how they'd take to being compared to a human legend," Zahar said. "I wonder if they had anything to do with those myths, however? I was not the first 'alien' species to visit Earth and I certainly won't be the last." He grinned at her enthusiasm. "Be careful about snowball fights, they take those very seriously."

Twenty minutes later, their shuttled touched down. Zahar stood, offering his arm to Rose. "You and I lead out first. Captain Falrin will be on your right and Ice Queen will be on my left. Everyone else will follow," he said as the ramp slowly opened. An icy blast of air whistled into the craft, sending Zahar's cape whipping out behind him as he escorted Rose towards the exit. Ice Queen and Captain Falrin had fallen into place at their sides, a step behind them. The diplomatic party from Zeta Crystallis was already waiting as they exited; it was a little smaller than their own, but a few of their number stood as wolves, fur rippling in the breeze.

"Prince Zahar Juress," called the leading wolf, striding up to meet them. He was tall and lean, his white hair just brushing his shoulders. He was wearing loose pants and black boots, but no shirt. "It's been quite some time since I last saw you. Not quite a boy anymore."
"Alpha Squall," Zahar greeted with a smile, leaving Rose's side to shake the alpha's hand. Ice Queen shadowed behind him. "So good to see you again. I can't say you've change at all."
"Probably not," the alpha acknowledged, blue eyes sparkling with mirth. "This must be your lovely fiancee."
"Yes. Meet Lady Rosemary Baker."
"A human, or so I have heard," Alpha Squall said, stretching out a hand for Rose to shake. "It is an honor to meet you, Lady Rose. You've caused quite the gossip, you know. Crown prince of Rasabol marrying a human. Not that that's a bad thing, of course! I'm sure some of my own pack wouldn't be adverse to intermarriage, but our home is rather inhospitable, unless you're Ice Queen here."
Zahar chuckled. "Lady Rose has never seen the snow."
"Never seen the snow?" The alpha echoed, sounding almost offended at the notion. "Well, after we finish with all the diplomatic talk, me and my people will show you just what you've been missing." Behind him, one of his wolf companions chuffed in what could have been agreement.

~

"Zahar needs to lend them to you, then," Liv said. "I'll have to text Rose about it, she'll make sure he doesn't forget." She looked thoughtful. "I think we should focus on colors first. That will determine what flowers we decide on. Or we can start with the cake. Or the guest list? We can probably borrow Hope and Jackson's, since it has the contact details of everyone on my side of the family."
"Maybe start by deciding on a date," Lilly suggested, smiling, "and go from there."
Liv glanced towards Wind, sighing good-naturedly at her sister-in-law. "I didn't tell you to ask for a strip show. I didn't even tell you where the scar is. Just ask him for the story. He enjoys telling it and has a knack for storytelling that seems to have skipped over me." She returned Wind's piercing stare with a level gaze of her own. "I don't know Jared's thoughts or his heart. Whether he's trying to pursue you or not, that's his business, not mine. But don't discount him just because he's human. Our culture may be more of a patriarchy but that doesn't mean every man looks down on a woman or expects her to act like his mother. Jared certainly doesn't. Don't downplay him, either. He may not be as powerful as other dragun males, but he's driven and doesn't quit when the going gets tough. Who knows. He may surprise you." Liv grabbed a spiral notebook and pen from the table. "But enough about my brother. We're here to plan a wedding!"

Jason smiled at her. "Well, I'll do my best to find them for you. I suppose fantasy is just things beyond human understanding. Or things that humanity believes is impossible." His eyes widened. "You're kidding. Our dinosaur bones are actually draguns? That's crazy. They're in museums and people have no idea. Seems like I have a lot to learn about the universe."

Rose yelped as the cold hit, then she saw the wolves. Handsome and beautiful creatures. Her eyes drifted from each one until the warmth of Zahar's arm left her as he shook the alphas hand. When offered she too took the hand and shook it with a nod. "Indeed I haven't, the place I live rarely gets rain so snow is really out of the question. I've seen it on mountain tops, but never up close before. I would like that very much- oh!" She startled a little bit when Ice queen moved and draped the fur cape she had on around her shoulders. Although the dress was made from the same material as Zahar's suit, she was still shivering unused to the cold. "Thank you Queenie. I've read a little bit about your people, but nothing mentioned how large and..." She tilted her head trying to find the best word. "I don't think words can really describe how incredibly beautiful you and your people are in both forms. " She pulled the second cloak around her more. "Most humans couldn't survive such cold weather. There are some who like the icey northern tundra of my planet, but even then it's sparce."

Ice queen simply smiled at the Alphas comment, she herself had on a loose half sleeve blouse in the alphas favorite color along with her leather armor and tight black leather pants and boots. "I am the cold. Not much could get to my icy heart." She said in a monotone but her duel colored eyes flashed with a joking light.

---

"Right, yes, a date. I have to check Zahar's schedule and math it out so we can get it close to your days here... " He said pinching the bridge of his nose. "Wind has the duren ability to read minds Liv. She got it from dad. And I'd appreciate it if you keep out of my wife's head.." he growled at his sister who still looked board. 

Wind heaved a sigh. "Ugh fine kill joy. " She sat forward and pointed her file at Liv. "However, you are taking this wrong Garsa I will say this now; I like your brother. I'm not downplaying him because he is a human, nor because he's a man. I've seen interracial couples before in my kind. The type like you two get along fine, however I've seen more fights with headstrong females with equally headstrong and stubborn non dragun mates. Every couple fights, but I've seen some turn nasty fast, and even more that resulted in a mates pair not speaking to each other for months. " He leaned back once again. "Mum and Dad were one of them, before Maklar and panda hatched. I don't want that kind of relationship. My challenges would reflect what I want for my mate, along with additional challenges.  Now let's drop this before it gets gloomy, you have another wedding to plan." She said going back to fileing her nails. 

"Not all are dragun bones, but some are. It's best they don't know what they are. But you do have legends and myths, they are stories starting from somewhere, some things may have been twisted over time and others lost, however they still hold some form of truth right?" She asked tilting her head. 

The alpha looked amused, letting out a barked laugh. "Yes, we'll show you some good fun, as long as you don't freeze first!" He ruffled his hair, sending snowflakes flying through the air. He seemed to have a perpetual grin on his face, and not a fake one- he was genuinely jovial. "I thank you very much, Lady Rosemary! We are a proud people. On our world survival is harsh, but there is beauty in the struggle. It seems some of your fellow humans have found the same beauty that we have." At Ice Queen's words, Alpha Squall laughed. "Yes, I don't doubt it! No doubt you could freeze some of my gammas in their tracks." Still chuckling, he turned back to Zahar. "I have brought my son with me for you to meet- I felt it only proper, considering you are a prince yourself. Not quite so intimidating as meeting the king."
"We'd are honored to meet him," Zahar said. It was rare for a future alpha to be introduced before they took the title.
"Frostborn," the alpha called. The only wolf with black markings stepped forward, changing smoothly back into a human shape. He looked almost identical to his father, though his eyes were amber instead of blue and his face lacked the lines of age. Swirling black tattoos crawled up his arms and across his chest mirroring the markings on his fur. Like his father, he was clad in only pants and boots.
"Prince Zahar," he said, inclining his head.
"Gamma Frostborn. Meeting you is unexpected in more ways than one. It's not often I see such markings," Zahar said.
Frostborn grinned, spreading his arms. "Oh, these? Yes, they're quite rare. I know of only four others in my pack who possess them."
"Don't boast, Frostborn," Alpha Squall scolded. "Perhaps on second meeting you can explain why you are worthy of the Mark."
"Why don't you explain, Alpha. I don't believe my fiancee is informed of this aspect of your culture?"
"In that case, I'll allow my son. He is the one who has them, after all. But save your story for another time," the alpha said.
"The Mark of the Berserker," Frostborn said, cracking his neck. "The abilities of beast given to man." His tattoos changed color, glowing bright white before fading. "It's outlawed among the Derga and dragun, for its mortality rate is high. Here, however, the pure of heart and deed may take the risk and receive the mark. Most do not survive. But for the rare few, we are given the advantage of the wolf in our human form. Strength, speed, senses, durability; all are increased when we enter the state. I will be the first alpha in five hundred years to possess the Mark."
"I congratulate you. I know you will do well, when the time comes," Zahar said.
"Let us hope it is not for quite some time yet," Alpha Squall said, grinning. "I must say I am quite proud of him. He will make a good alpha."

~

"In that case, we can decide next time we meet to plan," Liv said, making a bulleted list of everything that needed done. She did not look particularly put-out that Wind had invaded her privacy. "I will not argue with you. You know yourself - and your customs - far better than I do. Though it would be fair, I think, to at least tell Jared what he should expect. If he is serious, he deserves to know." Liv turned back to her planning. "I like the idea of using regal colors - reds, purples, golds. What do you think? Of course, we could also go the alternate, country route and wear all camo. Your call."
"Absolutely not," Lilly said. "You are not saying your wedding vows in hunting clothes."
"It was a joke!" Liv protested. "Where would I find a camo dress, anyway?"
"I could help you look," Jackson offered, grinning.
Lilly leveled her eldest son with a glare. "Do not encourage her."
"Yes, ma'am." He held his hands up in mock surrender before leaning across the table to whisper, "Don't worry, Livvy, I got your back. We'll find you a camo dress even if it kills me."
"If you trick her into wearing a camo dress, I'll kill you," Lilly mumbled, shaking her head. Jackson simply grinned and withdrew, snickering, to his seat.

Jason nodded in understanding. "I see. Yes, you're right. Every culture has a myth about dragons. It only makes sense." A look of dawning realization spread over his features. "Wait- does this mean bigfoot is real?"
"No! Bigfoot doesn't exist, Jason!" Liv exclaimed, lobbing her pen at his head. "Quit trying to scare me out of the woods!"
He ducked just in time, laughing, and the pen clattered to the floor. "It's not my fault you were gullible enough to believe it."
"I was six!" Liv seethed, "and I had nightmares for months!"
"If I say I'm sorry, will you forgive me?"
She sniffed. "Too late for that. I'll get you back, Jason, just you wait."
"Yeah, yeah. You've been saying that for years."
"Maybe I'm just making sure you're complacent," she said.
Jason snorted. "And maybe I'm a dragun. Bring it on, Livvy."

((The sibling chaos is just so much fun to write))
Edited by Polar

"Fasnating." Rose said softly tilting her head. "Congratulations on achieving such a rare Mark. I understand why the Derga would outlaw it, but I believe the Dragun are already strong enough in both forms to not need an extra boost. I believe one of Queenie's brothers told me their sense of smell is quadruple what a Earth's wolf could smell. Then again, your kind are far larger and appear far stronger then the wolves of my planet. But now I pose a question, will we be delegating out here or will we be moving into a place far less.... Windy? Oh! Queenie the chest, is it in the ship?"

The Dragun woman went from studying Frostborn with a glint in her duo colored eyes to Rose, then to a guard in the back of the party waving for him to retrieve the cooler in question. "Indeed it is lady Rose. Your kind are in for a treat. Lady Rosemary has a gift in the kitchen, she had prepared some special sweets and tarts that don't require heat. She's brought enough for everyone here. "

----

Maklar nodded until she said camo and he made a face. "Much like lions confused by Zehbra stripes, camo is hard for me. It's dizzying and I don't like it. I'd like to be able to look at my beautiful wife without getting motion sick as she walks down the ale. I agree with Lilly on that one. I don't want your wife to become a widow so soon." He huffed. "You a dragun? Ha! I doubt it. Big foot is a myth, but there's a chance that the yeti isn't a myth. Mountains are difficult and the cold temper makes it hard to settle down." He said thoughtfully. "Regal colors, it is then, now then where should we do it? Some of the magazines rose gave me showed out door weddings that looked pretty. Would it be okay to have it here at the pond where we met? " He suggested.

Moon simply grinned at Jason's comment. "Perhaps you where in a different life." She said softly with a knowing glint in her eyes.

"I will inform him. Don't worry. Common challenges don't carry much weight, however the ones I choose ate the most important. " She winked. "Males have such weak stomachs to moving vehicles... " She mused puting way her file. "Is he coming here yet?" She wined.

Frostborn grinned lazily. "Thank you, my lady. It is true, the dragun do not need the extra boost that the Mark provides. However, as only the truest and most valiant of warriors can survive it, the draguns viewed it as a mark of honor and the death toll started to rise as more and more tried - and failed - to receive the Mark. There were a few successes, of course, and I'm fairly certain a few of them are still alive today. However, the queen of the draguns stepped in and outlawed it to prevent further losses." 
The alpha laughed at Rose's comparison of them to normal wolves. "Of course, the dragun would never admit that our senses are just as keen as theirs; your earthen wolves are primitive creatures compared to us! In some aspects, we could certainly give the draguns a run for their money, but we aren't foolish enough to suggest a test of abilities."
"For the best," Zahar said, chuckling. He glanced down at Rose. "Yes, we'll be moving into a sheltered area to have proper discussion; there's a large cave not far from here that is used most often to hold diplomatic discussion with our artic friends."
"You are too kind to us, Lady Rose," Alpha Squall said. "Food is certainly an effective way into our good graces! And with a surname like yours, I am sure that what you have prepared is delicious!"
"Shall we move into a more sheltered area first?" Zahar asked. "Not all of us are quite as immune to the cold."
"Yes, yes, of course! Those of mine who are wolves shall lead the way and clear the snow, as some of these drifts are quite tall."
The two who remained in wolf form turned and bounded away, sending flurries of snow into the wind. They waited for the guard who had been sent to retrieve the cooler to return with it in hand before making their way through the snow. The two leading wolves had clearly taken their job seriously; there was now a wide path for them to walk and in most places the snow was not so deep, though the drifts to their sides rose to over six feet in some places. It was a fairly short walk to their destination but quite cold and Zahar was relieved to step into the shelter of the cave. The two wolves now sat guard patiently outside the entrance.
"Much better, I think," Zahar said, though his breath was visible even in the cave. The wind, however, was gone.

~

"It was a joke," Liv groaned, letting out a deep sigh. "But I'll keep that in mind. No camo."
Jackson laughed. "Like Liv said, it was a joke. At any rate, I'd come back and haunt you all as the world's most annoying ghost."
"How is that any different the way you act now?" Liv asked innocently, laughing as Jackson glared at her.
Jason mock-scowled at Maklar. "I could be one! I'm not, but who knows. Maybe I am."
"That doesn't make any sense," Jackson said, rolling his eyes.
"Maybe it's like Moon said. I was a dragun in a previous life. I guess only the devilish good looks transferred over."
In unison, Jackson and Liv mimed gagging. "Oh, please, you three," Lilly groaned, rolling her eyes. "Can we focus, please?"
"Absolutely not," Liv said, grinning cheekily. "Mak, I love the idea of having it at the pond with the waterfall. That would be beautiful. Malachi can be our ring bearer!" Malachi lifted his head, tongue lolling out of his mouth in a doggish grin. "See, he's excited about it!"
"Jared will be here soon, I'm sure. He was getting ready to head out when I texted him earlier," Jason said to Wind. Just then, there was the sound of a truck door shutting outside. "Speak of the devil and he shall appear."
Jared let himself into the house, still in his officer uniform. His hair was wind-strewn; he had ridden over with the windows down and hadn't bothered fixing it. "Hope I'm not too late to the party," he said, hanging up his gun and belt before making his way to the fridge. "Didn't get a lunch break today, I'm starved. There was a robbery at the convenience store and I was there all afternoon getting statements. But they've got no security cameras, so they'll probably never catch the guy."
"Well, you're here just in time to help with some wedding stuff. Mak and I just decided on a location," Liv said.
Jared began making himself a sandwich. "Nah, I just came for the food- and to say hello to my favorite dance partner, of course." He tossed Wind a boyish grin. Liv narrowed her eyes at him. "Kidding, kidding. Where'd you choose?"
"At the pond by the waterfall. It's where we first met," she said.
"Disgustingly sappy, I love it. The clearing there isn't huge so you'll need to keep the guest list for the actual wedding pretty low. Reception is where you'll want to invite the most people."
"Oh, good thinking," Liv agreed. "Thirty to the wedding, you think?"
"Yeah, probably. Forty if you cram," Jared said, leaning against the counter and taking a bite of his sandwich. "We'll have to go out there at some point - not necessarily today - and stage it out. See where you want everything."
Liv wrote that down, too. "Yeah. Okay, what else?"

"My father always says "if words don't work, try food. People always are calmer after they have a full belly" and I believe there's no truer words. Indeed, and I live up to my name. In fact, Rosemary is a type of herb that is used in many different recipes on Earth and apparently in Derga cuisines too. " She said following the path surprised snow could get so deep in drifts. Once out of the wind, her shivering ebbed and she was actually warming up under the furs and her dress. She took the cooler and pulled out a lemon meringue pie, a strawberry New York style cheesecake, some chilled peanut butter no bake cookies and some hazelnut covered mint balls. She also pulled out a pack of prime cut meat from Earth, thick quarter pound medallions of filet mignon, a couple good T-bone stakes and a large amount of ribeye steaks with a blush. "When I inquired about your tastes, I got the answer of meat, but not to what sort of desserts you like. These are for you and your party, a gift from me to thank you again for this honor of meeting with me in person." She said holding the packaged meat in her arms unsure if they'll take it or not. 

Ice queen smiled at Rose. "Well those are some fine cuts. I'd love to roast them if I could, my fire would only give them frost bite though. " She said her breath didn't show in the cold like the others, holding out her hand, chairs of ice along with a table formed in the cave, the ice neither cold nor warm, yet solid like a rock so the party members could rest. "If one of the guards would like to participate, I can watch the entrance for the time being."

-----

"Thirty? That'll only hold my immediate family and a few friends and family of Liv's. Definitely going to have to try to find out who of my family members could be on the ground, the others would have to watch from a cloaked hovering ship. " He said softly.

"Food." Wind suggested. "Hey could you get me a drink Mister officer? " She said with a sly smile. "And perhaps a place to hold the reception larger than that little clearing." Wind added holding her hand our for the drink. 

"There's things called flower girls right? Parrot and Vi are the youngest. Vi just started to shift from dragun to human, she's sooo cute! You can have them as the flower girls!" Moon bounced in her seat. 

"Your father sounds like a smart man," Alpha Squall laughed. "Meat is our meal of choice, that is true, but I don't know of any that will say no to dessert. It is not something we have very often. Most of our meals are eaten raw - exposure to fire makes us ill, as it raises the temperature around us too much. We thank you for your kindness."
"Thank you, Ice Queen," Zahar said when she made places for them to sit and rest. "If you want any similar cuts when we arrive back, I'm sure I can arrange it for you."
"Both can enter. I'll step out with you," Frostborn said. "Just make sure to save a little for me, Lady Rose."
The two wolves that had been standing guard outside, hearing the conversation, now entered in human form, shaking the snow out of their hair in a doglike manner. They both appeared close in age to Frostborn. "Wind has picked up," one said, his hair more silver than white.
"Blowing snow everywhere," said the other. They bowed towards Zahar and Rose in greeting.
"These are two more of my gammas, Starbrook and Arctic," the alpha said.
"Pleasure," Zahar said, bowing.
"I'll be outside," Frostborn said, leaving the cave.
Alpha Squall clapped his hands together. "Well, let's enjoy some of the delicious food that Lady Rose has so graciously provided and then proceed to more serious talk, shall we?"

~

"Well, thirty to forty in the clearing. You could add more within the trees but they'd be a bit further away. It would have to be some from your family, Mak, as they'd be able to still see and hear without a problem," Liv mused. "There's also a lot of brush in that area, I don't think much harm would come from cutting back a lot of it. That would open up more room and could probably up the numbers to fifty."
"Good idea," Jared agreed. "You, me, Jase, and Jack could go out tomorrow and clear some of it out, see if it's even reasonable."
"Okay," Liv agreed. "Do we have enough parking for that many people, Mom?"
"The front yard should be big enough, since our drive is so long. The side of the house can be overflow if we need it," Lilly said.
Jared grinned at Wind. "Your wish is my command, m'lady." He opened the fridge again, pulling out a cold water bottle. "Not sure what your tastes are, so if you'd rather something else, feel free to ask," he said, handing her the bottle.
"Yeah, the reception would have to be somewhere else."
"There's that one huge clearing where we deer hunt all the time, it's about a half-mile walk from the pond," Jason suggested. "Easily big enough to hold a large number of people. Five hundred easy."
"I like that. I don't think Mak has seen it, we'll have to show him and see what he thinks," Liv said. She looked thrilled at Moon's suggestion. "Oh, I love that idea! They'd be so cute! They would understand they can't turn into their dragon forms, right? I'm not sure the rest of my family would take as well to the idea of you as we have."
"They just lack taste," Jared said, polishing off his sandwich. "Fortunately for you guys, you met the chill side of the family."
"Jared," Lilly scolded.
He shrugged. "It is not my fault that dad's side of the family is crazy. That much moonshine will do it to you."

"He is. I get his brains and good looks from him." Rose beamed and set down the meat packets cutting them open with a small letter opener and leaving the meat on the butcher paper so the Zeta Christlis inhabitants could pick what one they'll like. She set out the desserts too getting the guards on her side one of each item so they too can enjoy the food. "I heard about that, the meat is fresh from the butcher shop, I picked it up yesterday just before I left Earth. The only thing that was heated was the hazelnut topping to melt it so I can dip the mint balls in it. It's quickly cooled after and are best served frozen." Rose said and set aside a choice cut of meat and desserts for the alpha's son like he asked and another one for Ice queen. 

"Unlike my brother, fried and cooked meat gives me heartburn. I myself prefer it barely cooked unless it's fish. Fish is better raw." She said with a nod to Zahar. She bowed, turned and walked a few feet away before shifting. Her form was taller and longer than any of the wolves, her face wolfish with large almost sabertooth like fangs peeking out from under blue lips narrow ears on the side of her head and was crowned with a magnificent pair of clear ice like moose antlers. Her body was long, muscular yet slender covered in patches of iridescent pearl like fur and crisp white scales, the longer fur being on her chest and belly, large plates of scales running down her spine with clear narrow spikes that started at the back of her head and ended on her rear, large bat like white wings of the same iridescent coloring cupped under the cave roof before folding neatly against her back, tucked away above her shoulder blades. They appeared so thin they could brake in the wind, or by lifting her surprisingly wide body that was around three feet from shoulder to shoulder. Her tail was long and fluffy like a wolf's and her back legs are paws... wait... Twisting up her right hind leg and stretching across her long belly stopping at her chest just beneath her front claws was a familiar patch of black. Although the pattern was a little different, it still was unmistakably the Mark Frostborn also bore. 

Ice queen didn't seem to realize that it was showing, or forgot to cover in her excitement to shift within her element. She simply swept outside to join the watch, lifting her head up as she sat down at the entrance surveying the white wonderland as the blizzard grew stronger. 

"Did she..?" Rose said softly not wanting to say it now knowing it was illegal for both races ice queen hailed from to bare said marking.

----

"Moon-what?" "Wait what?" Both Wind and maklar spoke over the other looking confused about the name that was said. "Is that a nickname like moonrise or something?" Wind asked taking a swig of water.

Moon looked unfazed answering Liv's question about the children. "Parrot is seven turning eight. She knows not to do that. Taphita, although only a few months old, would understand too, although not quite the consequences of the action. We mature faster than human or Durga children. Oh and moonshine is a type of alcohol, like Chanuak only it's not regulated or made in a... Sanitary way. Oh and I can help clear brush. My power is over the Earth so it should be easy for me. I can also make a archway with peach trees if you want, I just need two peach seeds, clean water and good soil. We should do it early afternoon too, so the sun wouldn't be too hot for everyone in suits."  She suggested continuing her notes. 

"Very thoughtful of you, Lady Rose," Alpha Squall said, he and his companions moving to sample the food once she had finished setting it out. "We appreciate your kind gesture."
There were several seconds of still, stunned silence after Ice Queen shifted. She didn't even seem to notice, simply slipping out without another word. Abruptly, Alpha Squall started laughing. "My, my! It's as Frostborn said earlier, Lady Rose! It's not for strength among the dragun, but honor!"
"I can trust you to keep this quiet, correct?" Zahar asked the alpha, who nodded, still chortling.
"Of course, my boy. It was one of our kind who gave the Mark, after all. We won't breathe a word," he said.
"Thank you. I will deal with this later," Zahar said, turning to address the party that had come with him. "What you just witnessed you are not to speak of. If I hear that word has gotten out, there will be consequences. I speak to her personally to hear the truth and deal how I see fit. Anyone who spreads rumors about this matter will be punished. Am I understood?"
"Yes, Prince Zahar," they said. It was unusual to see him so grave.
Zahar's gaze cut to Captain Falrin. "Don't worry, Prince Zahar, I'll see to it that my men don't say a word."
"Thank you. Let's try to move on from this, shall we?" he asked. "How are you finding the food?"
"Delicious! You are a truly gifted baker, Lady Rose!" the alpha boomed, and several others agreed. They were, quite literally, wolfing down the food.

Frostborn was leaning against the rock face when Ice Queen exited, his muscular arms crossed across his chest. He had stayed human in order to communicate, as his kind could only communicate telepathically with others in the pack when shifted. The slight widening of his amber eyes was the only indication of surprise that he gave.
"You know," he drawled, smirking, "When I said I was certain there were still draguns with the Mark about today, I did not mean right under our noses. But it is always a pleasure to meet a fellow bearer of the Mark."

~

"Okay, good. Taphita is an over-achiever, huh? She's started shifting really early, from what I remember Mak telling me the average age is. I'm sure Pitch and Stargazer are very proud," Liv said. She giggled a little at Wind and Maklar's obvious confusion but Moon answered before she could.
"Unsanitary or not, it's some pretty good alcohol. Doesn't take much to get blackout drunk, though," Jason said with a shrug.
Lilly squinted at him. "And how would you know that?"
"I'm twenty-three!" Jason protested.
"That does not answer my question! Where did you get moonshine?" Lilly demanded.
"Uncle Bill let me try some last year when I went out hunting with him! It's not that big a deal. I remember the whole night."
"Yes, because that's an accomplishment," Lilly said, shaking her head. "Honestly, Jason."
"It was one time," Jason grumbled, quickly turning back to Moon. "Peach tree archway. I love it. Let's go do that. Preferably outside, where my mother can no longer glare at me."
"Ignore him," Liv said to Moon. "Any help you're willing to offer we'll gladly accept. It's very sweet of you to offer. I like the idea of a peach tree arch. I can get you the seeds soon, we have peaches in the fridge. Soil and water are no problem."
"Early afternoon will make the reception pretty hot with all the direct sun," Jared mused. "You could do the ceremony a little later instead. Closer to sunset when the lighting is nice. Then have the reception after it's dark. We could play-"
"We are not playing manhunt at Liv's wedding," Lilly interrupted.
Liv looked like she wanted to disagree but thought the better of it. "I like that idea, Jared. We could hang some really pretty lights and with the sun down it will still be warm but not hot. What do you think, Mak?"

"Really, she doesn't seem like she would consider it an honor otherwise she would have said she bore it." Rose said softly. "Then again, I don't know Queenie all that well." She nodded somberly when Zahar gave the warnings, although she didn't dwell on it long when her food was complimented. She beemed brightly. "It's always wonderful when someone enjoys my food!" She said clapping her hands with a giggle. "Now that everyone has their plates, may I ask what is on the agenda for today? Discussion points and conserns, or perhaps suggestions regarding the treaty or.... Am I misunderstanding the reason for this meeting?" She said starting off strong then seemed to quiet as she looked around at the party members.

Ice queen whipped her head around so fast her antler came a foot away from slamming into Frostborn as she looked at the exposed Mark. Then her head lowered, the snow creeping up her leg and chest until the mark was covered looking away from him in what seemed like shame. "The law was in place a hundred years ago, but that didn't stop the process from happening. I was seven, the King was more involved with his kingdom and my parents were away often. My brothers where in a boys school so I went to my guardians, two Durga who had a son whom I viewed as another brother. I followed him everywhere. One night he snuck out and I stupidly followed him to a cave where one of your kind was waiting for him and a small group of his friends. " She then turned and looked at him with intense blue and green eyes glowing brightly. "Although I was trained in combat, I was gobsmacked and like an ice statue myself when a knife was held at my neck by the same boy who taught me how to swim and would take me to festivals winning me the biggest prizes. The one I trusted threatened to kill me in front of a crystalis if he refused to Mark me too. I was the only survivor, and I had no idea what was going on at the time." She shifted to her human body hugging her arms to her chest. "I bare it not of pride and honor, but of sorrow, pain and shame. My job now is to find those who seek the Mark illegally, arrest them and tell them my story. I was told to keep it hidden at all times. I must have forgotten to hide it."

------

"They are quiet proud!" Moon grinned.

Maklar nodded at the suggestion. "I can see that, the fireflies come out then too and make it even prettier. I like the peach archway idea moon. " He then tilled his head. "I'd probably keep away from that stuff then, I don't want to be belching flames at our wedding." He chuckled softly.

Moon set down her pen at Jason's story. "Hm... And it gives a killer headache afterwards doesn't it? Well now that time dose make a lot more sense. I knew it wasn't the gardening!"

"Wind looked confused about what the hell moon was saying then something seemed to click for her. "Oh...... yeah it does, oh wow a lot dose now. Now I feel bad for saying you just wanted attention all those times. Huh."

"To those of Zeta Crystallis it is always viewed as a mark of honor," Zahar explained to Rose quietly.
"Not to worry, Lady Rose, we don't have for discussion any subjects of true seriousness!" The alpha said cheerfully. "It is only our first meeting, after all."
"Just some simple trade matters," Zahar said, taking a seat across from the alpha. "Of course, my father also wanted to remind you that with the law we hold against the Mark it is also illegal for your people to travel to any of our planets for the purpose of giving the Mark. We've had a couple problems with that over the past few years."
"Those that are licensed to give the Mark know better than to travel outside of our home world to give it. It is illegal to give the Mark if not licensed and we want them punished just as much as you."
"The main issue is that those who aren't properly trained in administering the Mark will often kill everyone who comes to them, even if the recipient is worthy," Zahar explained to Rose. "It's a delicate art."
"That it is," Alpha Squall agreed. "Learning takes many years. But the end results are certainly worth it."
"When the Mark is received successfully," Zahar said. "But I believe we are getting a little off-topic here."
"Ah, yes! Our trading agreements," Alpha Squall said, clapping his hands together. "Let's get started on that, shall we?"

((We can ts the trade talk))

Frostborn didn't even flinch at the sudden movement, listening to her story with an unreadable expression in his deep eyes. "I am sorry for the hardship you've endured," he said carefully, "but I hope you will allow for a little forgiveness when I say that I cannot view your Mark in the same light as you. It goes against my very culture and beliefs. Certainly the way you received the Mark was wrong and very much illegal - I'm sure you know the laws preventing those who give the Mark from doing it off our home world - but you received it none the less. You are worthy of it, and among my people that grants you the highest honor and respect. I understand why it is illegal among your people and the Derga, though it saddens me that you are not given the same respect that you would be in my culture for being worthy of receiving it."

~

"So location is settled, then! We won't even have to pay to rent anyplace since it's all on our property. That will cut costs a bit, not that it matters," Liv said happily. She grinned at them. "Yes, probably best you don't start breathing fire at our wedding. That may cause some questions to arise." She tapped her pen thoughtfully against her lips. "What next? Maybe we should write out a list of everyone we plan on inviting so that we can get an idea of how much food we'll need. Probably some special spicy food for your side of the family, I'm sure they'd find our food quite bland. What do you think?"

"Oh yeah, the hangover was killer," Jason agreed, pointedly ignoring his mother's reproving glare. "But what does the product of my questionable decisions have to do with your gardening?"